Joe
Gio
Tee
Auden
Hakeem
Jessie
Other
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Titans Game Game Ball
(11-01-2020, 07:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Price has been much improved from where he was. What happened ? I dunno but I hope he keeps it up.

WhoDey2 ** puts on psychologist hat and pipe**   I'll go out on a limb and say maybe he's back at the position he feels most comfortable playing and takes pride in that.

Maybe getting benched last year and "demoted" to Guard really messed with his head...??ConfusedConfused
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 07:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Burrow  was solid though had a couple I'll advised passes but WR and line made the plays today over Burrow 

Thats what great QBs do--they make the players around them look better. Burrow threw a lot of guys open today. Scrambled around to make plays. The play where the line should have been credited with a sack, but Burrow makes 3 should be tacklers miss and picks up 7 yards. Another one where the line allowed Clowney free running up the middle, but Burrow get's away and I believe ends up getting a completion. 

The line is improving. We are blessed with great wideouts and running backs. The team is really showing improvement.
Reply/Quote
Props to Billy. I’ve been one of his biggest critics (to the point of labeling him a bust), but he’s playing well all of a sudden. Maybe he was truly never fully healthy?

No to Hopkins at guard though. He was not good there when we first tried it.

Reply/Quote
Gotta be the OL unit. That patchwork bunch of backups got together on the same page, and were able to allow the offense to put up 31.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 07:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Gotta be the OL unit.  That patchwork bunch of backups got together on the same page, and were able to allow the offense to put up 31.

And 0 (!!!!!) sacks. Amazing 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Probably the best WR catches as a whole in a while at the game watching. Tate was in incredible today .
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: I went other....the entire O line today. ZERO sacks. Running game was successful enough with Gio and Perine instead of Mixon. I might even give one to the play caller.

What he said ^^^^
Reply/Quote
Went with the Burreaux because he's deserved it in a couple loses most recently last week. So, it's like one of those make up Oscar's when they didn't get it right like they should have - with the biggest victim being Martin Scorsese.

But, I "predicted" he would be killed before the game started so big props to that makeshift line as well.

Also, Boyd, Tee, and Auden and Gio

AND Bates and Bell on D

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 07:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Gotta be the OL unit.  That patchwork bunch of backups got together on the same page, and were able to allow the offense to put up 31.

I think because these guys go against the starting D in practice, they might actually communicate better. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 08:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I think because these guys go against the starting D in practice, they might actually communicate better. 

That certainly could be a factor.  However, other than the Baltimore debacle, the OL has been steadily improving over the past 5 games.  Could it be that the coaches are actually working with these guys, and it's starting to payoff?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 07:36 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: And 0 (!!!!!) sacks. Amazing 

They gave up one, but Burrow wasn't havin' it... Still shows up as a zero though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I went with Gio, because how hard he plays and because what he brings to the field in attitude.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 06:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I need a gif of that throw and catch for a sig. Wish I knew how to make one lol

Should've been a damn PI call too!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 08:53 PM)jason Wrote: They have up one, but Burrow wasn't havin' it... Still shows up as a zero though.

Even 1 or 2 would've been good today with all of the personnel moves.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 09:47 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Even 1 or 2 would've been good today with all of the personnel moves.

I'm truly shocked by what I saw today... I figured Tennessee would take us out back after getting beat by Pittsburgh last week. That's been the story the past few years... The good teams wax us.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
JB played great. Zac called a good game??? He did. Boyd, Higgins, and Tate, solid. OLINE? Crazy good today. Wow!

I went with Gio. I think it's pretty obvious why he gets paid like he does. He earns his money. Mixon goes down and Gio steps up BIG.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:15 PM)jason Wrote: I'm truly shocked by what I saw today... I figured Tennessee would take us out back after getting beat by Pittsburgh last week. That's been the story the past few years... The good teams wax us.

Yeah, I have Henry in FF, I was salivating going into the game...lol. I'll take the Bengals W every day over a good day for my fantasy team. 

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 07:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Props to Billy. I’ve been one of his biggest critics (to the point of labeling him a bust), but he’s playing well all of a sudden. Maybe he was truly never fully healthy?

No to Hopkins at guard though. He was not good there when we first tried it.

This has been my stance on him since day 1; the PS and the first two games (until he got hurt) in 2018, he looked excellent from the eye test and then the injury happened, came back hobbled, lost the job (due to his performance, which I still think was injury-related), then got largely-forgotten by this staff.

All year he's looked like he did in early 2018 (save for the OT against the Eagles, which was beyond-horrific) and this year has been the first he's been fully-healthy, in the NFL.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I chose other. I am not sure who exactly to give it to, but I have to say one of the new starters on the Oline. I'm leaning towards Spain, but Billy Price is up for consideration as well.

I am also thinking Johnson deserves a shoutout because, even though he was truly awful at RG, he has had opportunities at tackle in the last two games and he has shown that he can be a valuable contributor on this line - just not on the interior. That's fine. I suspected he'd struggle at guard given he's 6'7" (taller guards tend to struggle because DTs can get under their pads and push them back into the QB's lap, whereas it is generally a benefit for tackles because it's more wingspan and length that a DE has to get around to get to the QB), but having confirmation of that and verifying that that 3 or 4 game stretch last season wasn't a fluke and he actually is valuable as a swing tackle makes me want to give him credit for this game.

And then there's Hakeem who you do have listed here, but I didn't want to choose him specifically because of the other 3 mentioned, so I went with other.

If I absolutely had to choose one of them, I think I'd go with Spain. The fact that he came in like 4 days ago and is already starting and performing as well as he did makes me very comfortable with him after a bye week starting in Week 10. I haven't watched any tape on these players to say this one did the best on a play by play basis during that game, but Spain, I think, has the highest ceiling as a guy who could legitimately overtake the previous starter once everyone is healthy.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 07:04 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: The awareness Burrow displayed on that throw was astounding. Boyd as well. He didn't know the ball would be there until it was. 
Burrow makes plays that I only see elite, top 5 QBs make. He's one of the smartest, most aware QB's in the league--and that awareness will grow as he gains experience. He just needs to learn from the mistakes and get the INT/ fumble numbers down.

What a matchup after the bye. We are severely over-matched in terms of overall talent--mainly up front. The Steelers have a legit defense. Nice to have the bye to prepare, but I expect things could get ugly.

His Ints ratio is really good for the season, though the late Int that was wided out with penalty was a bad throw for sure
Reply/Quote