Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade deadline tomorrow
We apparently had a trade for McCaron to Cleveland that didn't beat the clock.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: We apparently had a trade for McCaron to Cleveland that didn't beat the clock.

Bungals gon' Bungal......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:45 PM)Au165 Wrote: We apparently had a trade for McCaron to Cleveland that didn't beat the clock.

Yup

Facepalm
Reply/Quote
I am going to hope it was Browns that messed this up...
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am going to hope it was Browns that messed this up...

Messed up how?  By not offering three 1st round picks for him?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:50 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am going to hope it was Browns that messed this up...

Reply/Quote
SORRY AJ

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: Bungals gon' Bungal......

(10-31-2017, 05:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

I stand corrected! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:44 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: The truth hurts. I want so badly to hate this team, but I just can’t. I simply do not have it in me.

Yeah, they are like that dumb, goofy looking puppy at the pound you can't so no to!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 03:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Buffalo is dangling Cordy Glenn. Glenn is under control through 2020 and is in the prime of his career. I'd be willing to part with a 2nd or 3rd rounder to get him. Or package some young player with a mid-round pick. Heck, I'd potentially even consider Core with the 2nd rounder if that's what it took.

(10-30-2017, 05:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It probably wouldn't even take much to get him. It's a salary dump. They want his contract off the books. 

It'd be a great get for us. The contract has an easy out after 2018, in case we have any regrets. He has base salaries of $9 million this year (we're $12.5 million under cap right now) and 9.25 million next year. After that, his base salary drops to $7 million, which could be a bargain. 

Makes too much sense to happen, when we have an extreme need and we're still in the playoff hunt (for now).

(10-30-2017, 07:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Rapien makes a great argument for the Bengals to go after Glenn.

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/james-rapien/content/2017-10-29-heres-one-trade-the-bengals-should-consider/?cmd=managed_social
"The 3-4 Bengals have plenty of issues. Their offensive line is bad, their quarterback is average and they've struggled to move the ball in over half of their games. 

They aren't going to move on from 'BlAndy' Dalton in the middle of the season. They've already fired an offensive coordinator. What can this team do to get better? They could trade for Buffalo Bills LT Cordy Glenn. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports says the Bills are open to trading veterans like Glenn.

Glenn would certainly be an upgrade from Cedric Ogbuehi. It would also allow Andre Smith to get more time at right tackle. Anytime a team considers a trade, it has to ask plenty of questions. Let's try to cover every angle of a potential deal. 

1. How good is Glenn
Pro Football Focus gives Glenn a 75.0 rating, which would make him the 27th best tackle in the NFL this season. He earned an 80.1 pass blocking grade, while posting a 45.4 run blocking grade. I talk with film expert Joe Goodberry every week on the Locked on Bengals podcast and he said Glenn would be a tremendous upgrade.

2. How does he stack up against what the Bengals have? 
Ogbuehi has a 42.8 rating on Pro Football Focus. They rank him at the 63rd best tackle in the NFL. Fisher has a 46.2 rating, which is good for 55th in the league. Smith is the best of the three with a 48.1 rating. Smith is the 48th best tackle in the NFL according to PFF. Clearly, Glenn would be an upgrade. 

3. Could the Bengals acquire Glenn's contract and stay under the salary cap? 
Anytime I have a salary cap question, I ask my guy Andre Perrotta. I asked him how adding Glenn would impact the Bengals' salary cap? Here was his response:

"Glenn would fit rather easily under the Bengals salary cap not just for the remaining portion of the current 2017 season, but also for the 2018, 2019, and 2020 season for which Glenn is under contract. For the remaining part of the 2017 season, the Bengals cap hit in acquiring him via trade between now and the 10/31 trade deadline would equal = $4,764,706. Glenn has a fully guaranteed $9,250,000 base salary for 2017, but since he is already been paid for 8 weeks of that salary by the Bills, the Bengals (or any other team that acquires him via trade) would only have to pay 9/17ths of the salary (players get paid over 17 weeks; the 16 game weeks plus the bye week).  So 9/17ths of $9,250,000 = $4,764,706. The Bengals can easily afford that for this season, as they are currently sitting on approximately $11,850,000 ($11.85M) in 2017 cap space."
So the Bengals could bring him in and be fine for 2017. What about the future? 

"Glenn is also under contract for the 2018, 2019, and 2020 seasons.  His base salaries for those seasons are as follows: 
2018: $9,250,000 
2019: $7,250,000 
2020: $7,500,000
He also has an annual $2,000,000 Roster Bonus due to him if he is on his team's 90-man roster on the 5th day of each of those league years. So, taking his above-mentioned Base Salaries, and adding the annual Roster Bonuses, his future year cap hits for the Bengals (or for any other team that acquires him via trade) would be as follows: 
Future Year Cap Hits: 2018: $11,250,000 (calculated by adding his $9,250,000 Base Salary + $2,000,000 Roster Bonus) 
2019: $9,250,000 (calculated by adding his $7,250,000 Base Salary + $2,000,000 Roster Bonus)
2020: $9,500,000 (calculated by adding his $7,500,000 Base Salary + $2,000,000 Roster Bonus)."
That is a lot of numbers and information. The short version is simple: The Bengals could trade for Glenn and comfortably fit his salary in without handcuffing them (salary cap wise) this season or in the future. 

4. What would it take to acquire Glenn?
This is an interesting question. No, Buffalo wouldn't trade Glenn for Jeremy Hill. The Bills need speed at wide receiver and will probably want a draft pick for Glenn. He has plenty of value considering he just turned 28-years-old and is under contract through 2020. I think a second round draft pick would get it done. It's a steep price to pay, but at least the Bengals would get a proven commodity to protect Dalton's blind side. 
The Bengals could start by offering a speedy wide receiver like Cody Core and a third round pick. They should have multiple third round picks in 2018 following Kevin Zeitler's departure in free agency. They should get a third round compensatory pick in return after losing Zeitler. 
Dalton, 30, and A.J. Green, 29, are in their prime. Adding Glenn would give the offense a proven left tackle for the rest of their prime years. They whiffed on Ogbuehi and Fisher. It's about time they admit it. 

The Bengals should consider giving up a second round pick and Core if that's what it takes. This team needs a boost.Glenn and the Bengals could be the perfect combination and not only for 2017, but for the next few seasons. 

Ultimately, the Bengals probably won't make a move for Glenn. They like to build in the draft. I looked at the last four Super Bowl champions and none of them were afraid to make a necessary move. The Seahawks, Patriots and Broncos all made trades or big free agent signings to give their team a boost. Heck, New England continues to rid itself of draft picks for proven players. If you're the Bengals, don't you have to (at the very minimum) give the Bills a call? 
The trade deadline is Tuesday at 4p.m. ET. We will keep you informed with the latest rumors and updates.

(10-30-2017, 07:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF all it took to get Glenn was Core and a 3rd Round pick...you do that in a second. No way are you getting a guy of Glenn's ability with the 3rd Round pick.

I remember Glenn was popular on the board when he was drafted.

(10-30-2017, 08:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Cordy Glenn for a makes alot of sense for the Bengals this season and in thr future. Glenn and Andre Smith would allow them to focus on the interior offensive line in the draft.

Interesting looking back at this thread. Better late than never?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We need a center or DE.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 02:02 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: "The 3-4 Bengals have plenty of issues. Their offensive line is bad, their quarterback is average and they've struggled to move the ball in over half of their games. 

They aren't going to move on from 'BlAndy' Dalton in the middle of the season. They've already fired an offensive coordinator. What can this team do to get better? They could trade for Buffalo Bills LT Cordy Glenn. Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports says the Bills are open to trading veterans like Glenn.

Glenn would certainly be an upgrade from Cedric Ogbuehi. It would also allow Andre Smith to get more time at right tackle. Anytime a team considers a trade, it has to ask plenty of questions. Let's try to cover every angle of a potential deal. 

1. How good is Glenn
Pro Football Focus gives Glenn a 75.0 rating, which would make him the 27th best tackle in the NFL this season. He earned an 80.1 pass blocking grade, while posting a 45.4 run blocking grade. I talk with film expert Joe Goodberry every week on the Locked on Bengals podcast and he said Glenn would be a tremendous upgrade.

2. How does he stack up against what the Bengals have? 
Ogbuehi has a 42.8 rating on Pro Football Focus. They rank him at the 63rd best tackle in the NFL. Fisher has a 46.2 rating, which is good for 55th in the league. Smith is the best of the three with a 48.1 rating. Smith is the 48th best tackle in the NFL according to PFF. Clearly, Glenn would be an upgrade. 

3. Could the Bengals acquire Glenn's contract and stay under the salary cap? 
Anytime I have a salary cap question, I ask my guy Andre Perrotta. I asked him how adding Glenn would impact the Bengals' salary cap? Here was his response:

"Glenn would fit rather easily under the Bengals salary cap not just for the remaining portion of the current 2017 season, but also for the 2018, 2019, and 2020 season for which Glenn is under contract. For the remaining part of the 2017 season, the Bengals cap hit in acquiring him via trade between now and the 10/31 trade deadline would equal = $4,764,706. Glenn has a fully guaranteed $9,250,000 base salary for 2017, but since he is already been paid for 8 weeks of that salary by the Bills, the Bengals (or any other team that acquires him via trade) would only have to pay 9/17ths of the salary (players get paid over 17 weeks; the 16 game weeks plus the bye week).  So 9/17ths of $9,250,000 = $4,764,706. The Bengals can easily afford that for this season, as they are currently sitting on approximately $11,850,000 ($11.85M) in 2017 cap space."
So the Bengals could bring him in and be fine for 2017. What about the future? 

"Glenn is also under contract for the 2018, 2019, and 2020 seasons.  His base salaries for those seasons are as follows: 
2018: $9,250,000 
2019: $7,250,000 
2020: $7,500,000
He also has an annual $2,000,000 Roster Bonus due to him if he is on his team's 90-man roster on the 5th day of each of those league years. So, taking his above-mentioned Base Salaries, and adding the annual Roster Bonuses, his future year cap hits for the Bengals (or for any other team that acquires him via trade) would be as follows: 
Future Year Cap Hits: 2018: $11,250,000 (calculated by adding his $9,250,000 Base Salary + $2,000,000 Roster Bonus) 
2019: $9,250,000 (calculated by adding his $7,250,000 Base Salary + $2,000,000 Roster Bonus)
2020: $9,500,000 (calculated by adding his $7,500,000 Base Salary + $2,000,000 Roster Bonus)."
That is a lot of numbers and information. The short version is simple: The Bengals could trade for Glenn and comfortably fit his salary in without handcuffing them (salary cap wise) this season or in the future. 

4. What would it take to acquire Glenn?
This is an interesting question. No, Buffalo wouldn't trade Glenn for Jeremy Hill. The Bills need speed at wide receiver and will probably want a draft pick for Glenn. He has plenty of value considering he just turned 28-years-old and is under contract through 2020. I think a second round draft pick would get it done. It's a steep price to pay, but at least the Bengals would get a proven commodity to protect Dalton's blind side. 
The Bengals could start by offering a speedy wide receiver like Cody Core and a third round pick. They should have multiple third round picks in 2018 following Kevin Zeitler's departure in free agency. They should get a third round compensatory pick in return after losing Zeitler. 
Dalton, 30, and A.J. Green, 29, are in their prime. Adding Glenn would give the offense a proven left tackle for the rest of their prime years. They whiffed on Ogbuehi and Fisher. It's about time they admit it. 

The Bengals should consider giving up a second round pick and Core if that's what it takes. This team needs a boost.Glenn and the Bengals could be the perfect combination and not only for 2017, but for the next few seasons. 

Ultimately, the Bengals probably won't make a move for Glenn. They like to build in the draft. I looked at the last four Super Bowl champions and none of them were afraid to make a necessary move. The Seahawks, Patriots and Broncos all made trades or big free agent signings to give their team a boost. Heck, New England continues to rid itself of draft picks for proven players. If you're the Bengals, don't you have to (at the very minimum) give the Bills a call? 
The trade deadline is Tuesday at 4p.m. ET. We will keep you informed with the latest rumors and updates.

Interesting looking back at this thread. Better late than never?

Anyone know what happened to Pistons? I haven't seen him post in at least a couple months.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Wow. I made that last post on my phone and have no idea why the font turned out so...gigantic.

It won't let me fix it either.

As for Pistons, idk. We all have times where we post less though. Hopefully he's ok.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 05:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Will never believe this was by accident the Browns did this. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2018, 02:02 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Interesting looking back at this thread. Better late than never?

Lol and I stand by my quote it makes alot of sense.

I wonder if the Bengals did look at Glenn mid season had his medicals emailed over and seen he wouldn't be ready for 2017.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote