Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Chiefs Fans
Flew home from a business trip today back to KC (I live in Topeka, about 75min from MCI). Had my Bengals gear on. About half the flight had Chiefs gear on. Couple in front of me were geared in orange and headed to the game. They were a last minute decision and going to be a bit late. There were a couple more with Bengals gear on, which was nice to see (DTW-MCI)

I arrived to a brewery/ tap house in Topeka about half way through Q2. It was a tough place to walk in to, but my family and a few friends were there. At that stage, KC clearly had the upper hand and the fans were as expected. Cheering when the chiefs did well or Bengals bad, and acting like homers about official calls. I got a little more comfortable as the game got a bit better, but trips to the restroom were always a little uncomfortable through the sea of red. At the end, there was some yelling and cursing, followed by a pretty quiet period. A couple guys stopped by and shook my hand and said they were crushed but would root for the Bengals in 2 weeks. Cool if them to come by.

My friends all pick a team mid season to ride so that we have a super bowl host. Only one is allowed to take the chiefs. So there are a lot of bandwagon picks each season. But I always have the bengals because of my past. When I sent the email asking everyone to save the date to come to my place in 2 weeks, I only have heard from one couple. I get they’re disappointed. Maybe I’ll hear from more tomorrow? But maybe there will just be more chili to go around!

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote