Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To spoil or not to spoil
(04-29-2022, 01:40 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: You act as if this message board is the entire internet. 

By controlling everyone, do you mean the 1 or 2 guys that do this? You're saying the majority of us that don't want the picks tipped, should everyone just log off of here during the draft? GREAT IDEA!

Trying to control anyone but yourself is folly and a waste of time is exactly what I'm saying
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:43 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: They are using very public information to share what they learned. Maybe you all should start like an AOL or MSN chat line just for those who don’t want to be “spoiled.” Yes if you don’t want spoiled, stay off the internet. It’s not hard.

Now keep in mind, I’m not one who spoils, but I’m not going to be a grumpy old man/woman about it either. If this is what upsets you, you really ought to rethink your investment.

Don't talk to me like I'm the only one who feels this way. And you can be suspended for tipping. Would you like the board to accommodate for you and how you feel about this topic? The majority are okay with not tipping picks. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:46 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Trying to control anyone but yourself is folly and a waste of time is exactly what I'm saying

I can control myself by not tipping the picks. Its not hard. If I come across a pick being tipped by mistake, I don't share it on here. 

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:47 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Don't talk to me like I'm the only one who feels this way. And you can be suspended for tipping. Would you like the board to accommodate for you and how you feel about this topic? The majority are okay with not tipping picks. 

Well it’s a good thing I do not “tip” picks then huh? I don’t think you’re the only one who feels this way. That doesn’t make it any less outdated. See previous posts about the “majority” feeing a certain way.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well it’s a good thing I do not “tip” picks then huh? I don’t think you’re the only one who feels this way. That doesn’t make it any less outdated. See previous posts about the “majority” feeing a certain way.

I'm glad you don't tip the picks, thanks for following policy. 

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:48 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I can control myself by not tipping the picks. Its not hard. If I come across a pick being tipped by mistake, I don't share it on here. 

You can also just not be on here if you’re afraid of being “tipped.” Again no one is responsible for finding out information except the individual retrieving information.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:50 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You can also just not be on here if you’re afraid of being “tipped.” Again no one is responsible for finding out information except the individual retrieving information.

I'm not afraid of picks being tipped, because there's this thing you might of heard already called a "policy". If it happens, that person could be suspended. 

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:50 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I'm glad you don't tip the picks, thanks for following policy. 

I didn’t do it because of policy (because I didn’t even know that was policy). I don’t do it because of this. People acting as if others are responsible for withholding information and “spoiling” for them, when they have 100% capacity to not be spoiled. But carry on.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I didn’t do it because of policy (because I didn’t even know that was policy). I don’t do it because of this. People acting as if others are responsible for withholding information and “spoiling” for them, when they have 100% capacity to not be spoiled. But carry on.

Its policy, your arguement is dead.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:48 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I can control myself by not tipping the picks. Its not hard. If I come across a pick being tipped by mistake, I don't share it on here. 

Keep doing that then. Stop trying to control everyone else. You will find the stress leave your body
Reply/Quote
I'm gonna end on this:

Policy is you don't tip the picks. If it weren't policy, I wouldn't be on here during the draft. I enjoy talking draft as it happens with my friends on here. If someone is tipping, they should be suspended. I apologize to those of you who believe that shouldn't be policy because you signed up for Twitter like the rest of us who RESPECT THE POLICY AND HAVE SELF CONTROL.

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:57 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Keep doing that then. Stop trying to control everyone else. You will find the stress leave your body

You got it backwards, have a good day. 

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:54 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: Its policy, your arguement is dead.

Arguments of those who can’t realistically prove their point. It’s the equivalent to a parent saying “I said so.” I’m glad in the real world people actually listen to disagreement to policy or we’d not be where we are today as individuals.

Policies change, and I know, among others, you struggle with change. I hope you handle policy changes better than you handle technology changes.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:57 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: I'm gonna end on this:

Policy is you don't tip the picks. If it weren't policy, I wouldn't be on here during the draft. I enjoy talking draft as it happens with my friends on here. If someone is tipping, they should be suspended. I apologize to those of you who believe that shouldn't be policy because you signed up for Twitter like the rest of us who RESPECT THE POLICY AND HAVE SELF CONTROL.

And I’m sorry that there has never been a policy that you’ve ever disagreed with. Must be a very robotic life never to have an opinion outside of policies.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:58 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: You got it backwards, have a good day. 

Lol. I'm not the one stressing over it. I know what to do to happy. And heck yeah it's a beautiful day! The sun is out and the draft is on tonight. Best to you and everyone else! Only trying to help not argue. Much love
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:40 PM)Bengalpool Wrote: You act as if this message board is the entire internet. 

By controlling everyone, do you mean the 1 or 2 guys that do this? You're saying the majority of us that don't want the picks tipped, should everyone just log off of here during the draft? GREAT IDEA!

IF you don't want the Bengals pick "spoiled" for you, then yes, don't pay attention here UNTIL it's announced on TV, other teams doesn't really matter if someone spoils it, but if it does, then just stay off the net, as there will be many that will start discussing it before it's announced on TV. 

Speed kills.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This time of year we always have a debate about folks leaking the pick before it is announced on network TV. There's some debate on this in the "WELCOME DAX" and I just wanted to throw out my $0.02.

There's a thread (it's OFFICIAL and everything) where the draft is discussed:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Official-2022-NFL-Draft-Thread

This is a thread where board members have gone for years to discuss the draft as it happens on either ESPN or NFLN. Every year there's a member who feels they must share with folks information once they get it on services such as twittwer, news feds, ect...I assume they think those that want to discuss the draft don't have access to such sites. NEWSFLASH: They do, but prefer to discuss the picks as they happen on TV.

I will say for the most part last night was relatively "spoiler free". There were a couple wanna be Ian Rapoports "breaking trades" before they were announced on TV, but the picks were never spoiled.

Then we have the issue of Welcome DAX. I get the desire to be first, but can we posted it such as WELCOME PICK 31 or WELCOME 2nd ROUNDER...Then later as the OP you have the ability to go back and change the title to the players name.

Of course I can make no demands, simply ask. If you want to discuss the draft as it unfolds on ESPN/NFLN please do so. If you want to be the first to deliver breaking news, perhaps we can start a separate "Breaking news" thread.

I think this is a reasonable suggestion, bfine. I personally don't enjoy watching the draft on TV. I like knowing information as it happens I.E. Twitter speed. I don't want to wait for a commercial break or whatever it may be to find out who Cincinnati picked when I can find it prior. There were picks that were announced online several minutes before being broadcast on the TV. Having two separate threads for those who want to watch with delayed info on TV and those who want to discuss as it is announced would be a fine resolution. 

Really, this issue isn't much different than the gameday threads. I have had countless big plays or touchdowns spoiled for me due to watching on a stream vs. folks watching on TV. It does kind of stink to refresh the thread and find out I am so far behind that in two plays, Chase scores a big touchdown, but it is what it is. Moving forward, having these two threads would be something that would work well imo. 
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2022, 01:25 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Lol. It’s simple, don’t want spoiled, don’t get on the internet. I know change is hard for some people, but sometimes people need to adapt and not be the old man that yell at the clouds. You’re not going to get everyone to fit into your box and specific threads, so you might as well adapt before you drive yourself insane.

I don’t post stuff from Twitter, but I’m not going to be mad at someone when this technology is available to anyone who has access to this board.

First off>>>I've yelled at no one. I simply started a thread that could look for compromise. I've asked no one to "fit into my box" I simply suggested more than one box and join the one you prefer.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

via GIPHY

Reply/Quote
It’s weird that this has to be a discussion.

I don’t care about the spoilers, and in fact want to know as soon as possible. I saw the Bengals pick last night before the NFLN broadcast even announced the Pats pick, so I watched a couple highlights videos then came back to see what others thought about it once it became official. What is the harm in waiting for it to be announced on national tv before coming in to talk about it when you know that others enjoy seeing it that way? It’s like you’re actively trying to break the news to those that don’t want you to do it.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote