22 78.57%
No
21.43%
6 21.43%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Today Is The Day...Will Marvin Be Re-Signed?
(01-01-2018, 12:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Link?

(I'm not being an ass, I just want to read about it)
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/01/01/cincinnati-bengals-marvin-lewis-take-time-2018-decision/994088001/

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:25 PM)thillan Wrote: One thing I will say is that in the article it states that they are meeting tomorrow, and it sounds like a decision could be reached then.

The scheduled noon press conference for today is still happening.  

This is all too confusing 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Link?

(I'm not being an ass, I just want to read about it)
https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/01/01/cincinnati-bengals-marvin-lewis-take-time-2018-decision/994088001/

It's also on NFL.com, and a few others

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
"take a bit of time before deciding" Translation: fart around until all the good head coach candidates are locked up, and the Bengals are left with no alternative but the lazy hire
Reply/Quote
If Marvin does the presser, it's all but confirmed he's staying. He's not even under contract and he's doing a presser? Seems like a sign.

In MB eye's we improved over last season's record, so his decisions (Whit/Z) were justified. Nothing to see here folks.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:28 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/01/01/cincinnati-bengals-marvin-lewis-take-time-2018-decision/994088001/

Thanks. I swear I'm just about done. A normal team would've already announced Marv's firing and scheduled interviews. The Bengals will wait several days and either (a) bring Marv back or (b) have the reaction time of a sloth and miss out on all good candidates. This reminds me of when they waited until after the freaking Senior Bowl to fire Bob Bratkowski. They lucked out with Jay Gruden, but that isn't something you want to do often...especially for a HC search. What a joke.

(01-01-2018, 12:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: The scheduled noon press conference for today is still happening.  

This is all too confusing 

Tell me about it.  Gaah
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Thanks. I swear I'm just about done. A normal team would've already announced Marv's firing and scheduled interviews. The Bengals will wait several days and either (a) bring Marv back or (b) have the reaction time of a sloth and miss out on all good candidates. This reminds me of when they waited until after the freaking Senior Bowl to fire Bob Bratkowski. They lucked out with Jay Gruden, but that isn't something you want to do often...especially for a HC search. What a joke.

Tell me about it.  Gaah

Yep. I'm about done as well. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Thanks. I swear I'm just about done. A normal team would've already announced Marv's firing and scheduled interviews. The Bengals will wait several days and either (a) bring Marv back or (b) have the reaction time of a sloth and miss out on all good candidates. This reminds me of when they waited until after the freaking Senior Bowl to fire Bob Bratkowski. They lucked out with Jay Gruden, but that isn't something you want to do often...especially for a HC search. What a joke.

Tell me about it.  Gaah

I'm not done but my excitement for the team has taken a serious hit this season and keeping Marvin doesn't make me feel any better. I just feel like the franchise doesn't care as much as I do about the Bengals success so what's the point? I'll put in some more effort towards being a Bengals fan like I used to when I feel like they deserve it. It was bad enough that we literally did nothing to improve on our glaring weakness heading into the season but keeping Marv is as smothering as a wet blanket to my passion for this team. The Bengals don't deserve the fans they have.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:40 PM)jj22 Wrote: If Marvin does the presser, it's all but confirmed he's staying. He's not even under contract and he's doing a presser? Seems like a sign.

In MB eye's we improved over last season's record, so his decisions (Whit/Z) were justified. Nothing to see here folks.

Marvin is under contract to be the head coach till the end of the season. HC responsibilities do not end after the 4th quarter of the last game. He still has to do everything he normally would to complete the year unless MB fired him.....
Reply/Quote
Lance pretty much sums it up...

Reply/Quote
I'm starting to think Marvin has been told he can return, but is holding out for control....... (puke smilie needed here)
Reply/Quote
If they keep Marvin in anything other than a front office role, than they've learned nothing from what should've been valuable lessons in 2017. If they do anything short of gutting the entire offensive staff starting with Alexander, then they've learned nothing. They may have righted a few things late, but none of that makes up for the massively dumb and arrogant (for no reason) thought processes that led to the personnel decisions on the offensive line or the retention of Ken Zampese. Or the drafting of Ross. Or continuing to start Hill. Or letting their 2 best OL go without replacing them. Or continuing to bottom out in the second half of games. Or getting bowled over for 5 straight humiliating shit shows vs our alleged arch rival who basically shits down our throats twice a year and laughs about it for weeks afterward. Just another game to Marv, though. He's a Steeler lifer and loves it.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lance pretty much sums it up...

The fact that it is "complicated" says all we need to know about the position Marv is in and says a lot about the franchise. For other teams it really isn't complicated if you don't reach your goals after a set amount of time you are toast. I'm glad the Bengals don't fire a guy after a year or 2 but this is crazy.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm starting to think Marvin has been told he can return, but is holding out for control....... (puke smilie needed here)

I wouldn't know what to think...

On one hand Marvin having pull and wanting something to keep his job is crazy considering his performance but on the other anybody taking control away from Mike Brown in the big picture of things is a positive.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:07 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: The fact that it is "complicated" says all we need to know about the position Marv is in and says a lot about the franchise. For other teams it really isn't complicated if you don't reach your goals after a set amount of time you are toast. I'm glad the Bengals don't fire a guy after a year or 2 but this is crazy.

Completely agree Cage.

I mean, it's been 15 years without a playoff win and back to back losing seasons? What's so complicated about this situation?
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:59 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I'm not done but my excitement for the team has taken a serious hit this season and keeping Marvin doesn't make me feel any better. I just feel like the franchise doesn't care as much as I do about the Bengals success so what's the point? I'll put in some more effort towards being a Bengals fan like I used to when I feel like they deserve it. It was bad enough that we literally did nothing to improve on our glaring weakness heading into the season but keeping Marv is as smothering as a wet blanket to my passion for this team. The Bengals don't deserve the fans they have.

Perfectly describes how I feel...

In other words, this front office has no spine.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The fact that they're having a presser - with the coach's status still undecided supposedly - seems incredibly weird.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 01:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The fact that they're having a presser - with the coach's status still undecided supposedly - seems incredibly weird.  Mellow

Someone should make a Ringling Bros sig with the faces of Mike Brown and Mervin McLawis with clown noses.  Mellow

This is embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:05 PM)thillan Wrote: Well, looks like we won't be hearing anything today.

This is ridiculous lol. Seems like he will be back now.

He's coming back.  It seems like a certainty.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2018, 12:10 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: The longer it drags out, the more likely it is Marvin stays. 

It's like January 2011 all over again Bang Head

Yup ! every hour that ticks by adds more weight to Marv staying.

(01-01-2018, 12:19 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol I tried to tell people, but it was "oh, he looks so worn out". That dude will never tire of his job.

Me to, it just Mikes way.

Pathetic ain't it !

(01-01-2018, 01:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm starting to think Marvin has been told he can return, but is holding out for control....... (puke smilie needed here)

As soon as he made the "it's complicated" or whatever statement that's the very first thought I had. And Mike will do the same thing he did after 2010. Mike will pledge to let go, build a practice facility, so on, so on. Then he'll slowly back out of handing things over just like he did in 2010, then find excuses for not doing whatever he promised.

And I will be doing other stuff until Mike is gone.
Reply/Quote