Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Today, May 17, 2016: International Day Against Homophobia and Transphobia
(05-18-2016, 02:56 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You can't even get your own bs right at this point.  

I said I wouldn't hire one then gave the only way I would even consider.   But the day would come they would walk in the office in drag and then I would have wasted time, money, and energy training them.   
(05-18-2016, 02:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Oh I wasn't aware I supposed to boycott companies?  

I don't care if anyone hires a colored.   I certainly wouldn't hire one.  But that's my choice for my business since we have a particular look we are trying to maintain.  

If they wanna play dress up outside the office then I would consider it, but no playing dress up on the clock.   

they are people just like you and me dude

and what look does your "business" try and maintain
People suck
(05-18-2016, 02:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I said I wouldn't hire one then gave the only way I would even consider.   But the day would come they would walk in the office in drag and then I would have wasted time, money, and energy training them.   

Because you would fire them over due to your own bias?

No matter how good a worker they are?

Sounds dumb.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-18-2016, 02:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I said I wouldn't hire one then gave the only way I would even consider.   But the day would come they would walk in the office in drag and then I would have wasted time, money, and energy training them.   

You clearly don't know what transgender even means if you equate it to wearing 'drag'.  Your opinion is not worth anyones time.  IMO, there is nothing worse than a person who is proud of their own ignorance.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-18-2016, 03:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Because you would fire them over due to your own bias?

No matter how good a worker they are?

Sounds dumb.

No they would be fired because we need to keep a professional look.   And sorry but some some dude in a dress is not the message we want to send.    We have too much interaction with people to risk having someone like this around.     
(05-18-2016, 03:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No they would be fired because we need to keep a professional look.   And sorry but some some dude in a dress is not the message we want to send.    We have too much interaction with people to risk having someone like this around.     

Be glad your 'customers' aren't reading your posts around here.
(05-18-2016, 03:14 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: You clearly don't know what transgender even means if you equate it to wearing 'drag'.  Your opinion is not worth anyones time.  IMO, there is nothing worse than a person who is proud of their own ignorance.  

I know exactly what it is .... It's a modern day cross dresser that they gave a new name so it sounded like an actual problem.   In the end it's a mental condition.  

If you dress like the opposite sex then you are a cross dresser.   
(05-18-2016, 03:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No they would be fired because we need to keep a professional look.   And sorry but some some dude in a dress is not the message we want to send.    We have too much interaction with people to risk having someone like this around.     

is the dress code that strict at the 7-11?
People suck
(05-18-2016, 12:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 2 things:

1) Can we stop using "phobia" to describe people that are bigoted or discriminate or outright hate others? While some may irrationally be afraid of (the definition of "phobia") homosexuals or trans people, I would not describe MOST of them as fearing them irrationally or not.  Do we call members of the KKK race-ophobes? Or blackophobes or whatever the equivalent term would be? No, we don't.

2) Why is it okay to belittle and denounce people with certain mental illnesses but not others? If it's okay to be critical of and demand change for homophobes, then why is it not okay to be critical and demand change for trans people or homosexuals?

The term homophobia has changed beyond the root meaning of "phobia". Even Websters defines it as including discrimination or hate.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/homophobia

As for point 2, I would not say that either has a mental illness. However, why is it ok to denounce hatred over denouncing being gay or being trans? The same reason why it's ok to denounce racism or hatred/discrimination against religions. It's behavior that most decent people would find unacceptable in society. We should work to accept others. Sure, that's just my view, but it's one I'll defend as morally superior to advocating for the denial of civil liberties to others.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

I wish I could play mad libs, too...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-18-2016, 03:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I know exactly what it is .... It's a modern day cross dresser that they gave a new name so it sounded like an actual problem.   In the end it's a mental condition.  

thank you for proving my point above.
(05-18-2016, 03:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I know exactly what it is .... It's a modern day cross dresser that they gave a new name so it sounded like an actual problem.   In the end it's a mental condition.  

i'll make sure to let every woman know in the office that them wearing pants makes them a cross dresser, because lucie said so
People suck

Right or wrong, that is the business world we live in today. Im sure there are very very rare exceptions depending on what industry it is, but a vast majority of businesses would agree with you.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

No more transphobia here. I am now gender fluid. No more showers with the old men at the gym. It feels more comfortable to shower with the women. And depending on which line is longer at the time will depend on what bathroom I will use when out in public.

Legitness. Don't hate on my gender fluidity. I have as much right as anyone else claiming this stuff. If you can't beat em join em. And the federal government has my back.
Btw...I one time watched a 75 year old man in a gym locker room walk up to a blow dryer and proceed to use it on his balls. I win in the uncomfortable category.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-18-2016, 04:57 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: No more transphobia here. I am now gender fluid. No more showers with the old men at the gym. It feels more comfortable to shower with the women. And depending on which line is longer at the time will depend on what bathroom I will use when out in public.

Legitness. Don't hate on my gender fluidity. I have as much right as anyone else claiming this stuff. If you can't beat em join em. And the federal government has my back.

You're right, we should just do away with any concept of freedom and tolerance a d-bag can exploit.
(05-18-2016, 11:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You're right, we should just do away with any concept of freedom and tolerance a d-bag can exploit.

Well it almost wouldn't be American if someone wasn't exploiting the loopholes.

Kind of like Citizens United and how 501 c 4s have billions of dollars paying to have politicians elected now. And the corporations who routinely rape the little man.

If people are crazy enough to say a person with a penis doesnt have to use the bathroom designed for males with that anatomy. Then people will be crazy enough to exploit the hell out of the LGBTQWTF gender bendy fluid situation.
(05-19-2016, 12:16 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If people are crazy enough to say a person with a penis doesnt have to use the bathroom designed for males with that anatomy. Then people will be crazy enough to exploit the hell out of the LGBTQWTF gender bendy fluid situation.

So the only thing law-abiding and respectful people should be free to do are things that criminals can't misuse?  Harsh.  
(05-18-2016, 11:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Btw...I one time watched a 75 year old man in a gym locker room walk up to a blow dryer and proceed to use it on his balls.  I win in the uncomfortable category.

Well, there's your problem..... Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-19-2016, 07:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well, there's your problem..... Mellow

Couldn't look away.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall