Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Today's the Day
We get to see what I consider our best Oline.

Hart, XSF, Hopkins, Spain, Williams. Let's hope this group can stay together the rest of the year and develop a chemistry.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At least until Sewell & Thuney get here next year.
Reply/Quote
and that is assuming that XSF gets the start

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 02:07 PM)pally Wrote: and that is assuming that XSF gets the start

Redmond, Johnson, and Finney are inactive. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 02:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Redmond, Johnson, and Finney are inactive. 

But Michael Jordan is not...line up could be a repeat of last week with Jordan at LG and Spain at RG.  XSF didn't practice with the first string this week...he was on the scout team

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Well this didn’t age well.

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Wow. Simply wow. I blame Turner as well for this piss poor technique.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

lol...that’s so bad. It almost looks edited for increased shittiness.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
It’s going to take years to reverse the damage Taylor, Turner, and Lou have done.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:00 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: lol...that’s so bad. It almost looks edited for increased shittiness.

There was one of Billy Price that was even worse against Tennessee.

Reply/Quote

Strange, according to multiple on this Board along with PFF Hart was having a decent year, yet we see things like this nearly weekly.

Its a miracle Joe did what he did behind these guys. Let's hope they take this a little more seriously in the off-season this time around.
Reply/Quote
I actually thought the previous offensive line coach was starting to build something (or at least teaching better technique). At the time, Turner seemed like a lateral move, but he's def. been a huge downgrade.
Reply/Quote

Soooo... Didn't get to watch any of the game. My wife had a flat and drove the rubber off the rim,had to deal with that.

But I'm guessing hart wasn't one of the players ejected as it looks like he barely touched anyone today?
Reply/Quote
Turn off the tv and enjoy the rest of your year. It’s suck for Sewell and pray for change after these last games.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:06 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Strange, according to multiple on this Board along with PFF Hart was having a decent year, yet we see things like this nearly weekly.

Its a miracle Joe did what he did behind these guys. Let's hope they take this a little more seriously in the off-season this time around.
This just shows pff grades are a joke. Thing I saw:
A. Hart is just awful forget pffs grades for him.
B. Jordan makes Hart look like a Hof'er
C. Zac is a clown. After the fight why put Thomas back out there the next play. Zac is clueless.
D. Flores should have knocked Zac out.
Reply/Quote
Spain is not a RG.  Usually if you're going to shift an OL's position, don't you have them practice there during camp?  I'd have thought about playing Finney at RG and kept Spain at LG where he's clearly the best option.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 08:29 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Spain is not a RG.  Usually if you're going to shift an OL's position, don't you have them practice there during camp?  I'd have thought about playing Finney at RG and kept Spain at LG where he's clearly the best option.
But then where would the obvious 1st ballot HOFer Michael Jordan play??

You're not suggesting he stands on the sidelines??

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:08 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I actually thought the previous offensive line coach was starting to build something (or at least teaching better technique). At the time, Turner seemed like a lateral move, but he's def. been a huge downgrade.

From what I recall, Pollack chose to leave.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/1/15/18184263/bengals-rumors-coach-frank-pollack-out

It was a strong rumor already that Zac Taylor was expected to be the hire after the Rams' season finished, so one has to wonder if he left because of Taylor or if it was just because he wasn't working with Marvin.

Either way, many of us considered the move from Pollack to Turner to be a negative. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote