Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tom Pelissero: Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd said Bengals have 'the bes
That sound you hear? The hype train!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma/tom-pelissero-cincinnati-bengals-wide-receiver-tyler-boyd-said-bengals-have-the-best-offense-in-the-nfl/vi-AAC39dl
Reply/Quote
Love the confidence, get this guy signed. He sure sounds like he really wants to be here for years to come, do it.

With Green, Boyd, a healthy Eifert, Joe Mixon and hopefully a muchly improve Ross to go with a muchly improved O-line. It is possible, we already had most of the skill players here. With Taylor, Callahan, Jonah, Sample, Miller all added could look like night and day from last season.
Reply/Quote
I just hope that the offensive line plays much better than last year. I have no clue if they will.
Reply/Quote
Look at me starting a bunch of positive threads.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 01:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just hope that the offensive line plays much better than last year. I have no clue if they will.

The o-line doesn't have to be perfect when you have the best offense in the league.  Honestly, I'm a big fan of this type of confidence and swagger...it's way different than the bs-hype the Browns are selling.

All we need now is for Dalton and AJ to say they are Montana and Rice reincarnated and we will be well on the way to being the dream team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not all that worried about the offense...now can the defensive front seven step up this year?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 01:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The o-line doesn't have to be perfect when you have the best offense in the league.  Honestly, I'm a big fan of this type of confidence and swagger...it's way different than the bs-hype the Browns are selling.

All we need now is for Dalton and AJ to say they are Montana and Rice reincarnated and we will be well on the way to being the dream team.

PFF ranked the Steelers 1, Rams 6, Saints 8, Chiefs 13.

I do think you need a Top 15 line.

The Bottom half of the offensive line rankings were generally bad offenses.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 01:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: PFF ranked the Steelers 1, Rams 6, Saints 8, Chiefs 13.

I know, I'm just having a bit o' fun with the narrative.  This stuff is the essence of fandom.  Our team's hype is real, it's confidence and we will use it to inspire us to win...meanwhile in Cleveland they are full of self-congratulatory bs and they are going to choke on their cockiness and flop.

It's just funny how you hear people loving the humble quietness the Bengals have while the Steelers and Browns and Ravens are running at the mouth and then one of our main players makes a boast like this and we love his confidence.  Fandom...it's a hell of a drug!
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 01:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I know, I'm just having a bit o' fun with the narrative.  This stuff is the essence of fandom.  Our team's hype is real, it's confidence and we will use it to inspire us to win...meanwhile in Cleveland they are full of self-congratulatory bs and they are going to choke on their cockiness and flop.

It's just funny how you hear people loving the humble quietness the Bengals have while the Steelers and Browns and Ravens are running at the mouth and then one of our main players makes a boast like this and we love his confidence.  Fandom...it's a hell of a drug!

I really see no reason our line couldn't improve to 18th or 20th best. From where it was at...that's big.
Reply/Quote
I just hope the team can stay healthy this season. Washington, Atlanta, and the Bengals were decimated by injuries last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 01:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: PFF ranked the Steelers 1, Rams 6, Saints 8, Chiefs 13.

From what Lap's seen in practice, he thinks the scheme will help the OL.  The DL and the LB's are being forced to guess a lot and that slows them up and makes them easier to block.  Glenn and Miller are apparently drawing unsolicited rave reviews from the other players.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 01:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I just hope that the offensive line plays much better than last year. I have no clue if they will.

They added the best offensive lineman in the draft, so it's a start in the right direction.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: From what Lap's seen in practice, he thinks the scheme will help the OL.  The DL and the LB's are being forced to guess a lot and that slows them up and makes them easier to block.  Glenn and Miller are apparently drawing unsolicited rave reviews from the other players.

If Jonah and Price end up living up to their draft stock this year along with Miller and Glenn being solid at the OG spots, this OL can compensate for Hart.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 12:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: From what Lap's seen in practice, he thinks the scheme will help the OL.  The DL and the LB's are being forced to guess a lot and that slows them up and makes them easier to block.  Glenn and Miller are apparently drawing unsolicited rave reviews from the other players.

Great news, sounds like Turner got his man in Miller. Maybe some are correct about Boling maybe not starting, especially if Hart plays as well as Turner thinks he might. Still would keep Boling as a super backup for depth with his versatility.

Heard anything about Price?

(05-30-2019, 01:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They added the best offensive lineman in the draft, so it's a start in the right direction.

Damn rights.

(05-30-2019, 01:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Jonah and Price end up living up to their draft stock this year along with Miller and Glenn being solid at the OG spots, this OL can compensate for Hart.

Yes they can, i just hope Hart will improve.

I think if he gets better in pass protection we might be light years ahead of last years O-line.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 01:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news, sounds like Turner got his man in Miller. Maybe some are correct about Boling maybe not starting, especially if Hart plays as well as Turner thinks he might. Still would keep Boling as a super backup for depth with his versatility.

Heard anything about Price?

Damn rights.

Yes they can, i just hope Hart will improve.

I think if he gets better in pass protection we might be light years ahead of last years O-line.

It helps that Hart can be assisted by a TE too. I'm guessing Sample was picked specifically to help inline block but also be a receiving threat on short routes to keep defenses guessing.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 01:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It helps that Hart can be assisted by a TE too. I'm guessing Sample was picked specifically to help inline block but also be a receiving threat on short routes to keep defenses guessing.

This is what i am thinking as well. I think we see lots of Sample as a rookie regardless if Eifert is healthy or not.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 01:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: They added the best offensive lineman in the draft, so it's a start in the right direction.

It is. The other 4 guys are the question marks. I guess you have to start somewhere though.
Reply/Quote
I take this as a guy that is excited to be playing football and likes where he is at!
Reply/Quote
You can definitely argue we have the best skill group especially with a healthy Eifert but line needs work.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 01:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Jonah and Price end up living up to their draft stock this year along with Miller and Glenn being solid at the OG spots, this OL can compensate for Hart.

(05-30-2019, 01:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It helps that Hart can be assisted by a TE too. I'm guessing Sample was picked specifically to help inline block but also be a receiving threat on short routes to keep defenses guessing.

(05-30-2019, 01:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is what i am thinking as well. I think we see lots of Sample as a rookie regardless if Eifert is healthy or not.

Exactly!

Following are points that could alter the OL unit this year:
1) Healthy Glenn
2) Healthy and NFL adjusted Price
3) NFL readiness of Jonah
4) Sample blocking in-line to protect the RT
Reply/Quote