Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Tony Reali Responded To My Tweet About Burrow For MVP!
On Around The Horn, they were talking about whether Hurts or Mahomes should get the MVP, so I Tweeted him saying “what about Burrow,” saying that he’s putting up MVP numbers while leading us to a likely playoff birth behind a horrible line, so Tony made a poll that included Burrow with the first two!

He only has 9% right now, so EVERYONE GO VOTE!
Reply/Quote
I thought Reali got run over by a reindeer. Btw, our line is not horrible. Pedestrian, at times, but not horrible. Horrible was the line play in the Tenn. game last season.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
What is it that we’re supposed to be voting on?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hurt is the best candidate for MVP at this time, then a mix of Burrow, Allen and Mahomes
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Hurt is the best candidate for MVP at this time, then a mix of Burrow, Allen and Mahomes

Hurst is on the best team and because of how they vote he is most likely but....

Put Mahomes, Allen or Burrow on the Eagles  they are likely better.

Are the Bengals, Chiefs, or Buffalo better with Hurts?

The MVP is not the most valuable player anymore, it is the QB with the best team record.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:18 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Hurst is on the best team and because of how they vote he is most likely but....

Put Mahomes, Allen or Burrow on the Eagles  they are likely better.

Are the Bengals, Chiefs, or Buffalo better with Hurts?

The MVP is not the most valuable player anymore, it is the QB with the best team record.

I don't necessarily agree with this and think you are underestimating Hurts. Jalen has a notably higher passer rating than Burrow and has also added nearly 700 yards and 10 TDs on the ground (on pace for 900 yards and 13 TDs). Jalen has certainly been one of the top QBs in the league is every bit deserving of the MVP, should he win it. Now, whether or not he sustains this play is a different story, but he has been fantastic. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 08:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: On Around The Horn, they were talking about whether Hurts or Mahomes should get the MVP, so I Tweeted him saying “what about Burrow,” saying that he’s putting up MVP numbers while leading us to a likely playoff birth behind a horrible line, so Tony made a poll that included Burrow with the first two!

Our o line is not horrible
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't necessarily agree with this and think you are underestimating Hurts. Jalen has a notably higher passer rating than Burrow and has also added nearly 700 yards and 10 TDs on the ground (on pace for 900 yards and 13 TDs). Jalen has certainly been one of the top QBs in the league is every bit deserving of the MVP, should he win it. Now, whether or not he sustains this play is a different story, but he has been fantastic. 

Tua also had a higher passer rating than burrow a couple weeks ago. Doesnt mean much
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:28 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Tua also had a higher passer rating than burrow a couple weeks ago. Doesnt mean much

Tua was also having a historical stretch of efficiency while he was doing it. If you’re saying QB performance doesn’t mean much, I’m not sure that’s worth continuing the conversation. If that’s not what you’re saying, then clarification is needed because that’s really what passer rating is - a measure of QB performance.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:25 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Our o line is not horrible

This has us 28th in pass blocking win rate, which is pretty bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I don't necessarily agree with this and think you are underestimating Hurts. Jalen has a notably higher passer rating than Burrow and has also added nearly 700 yards and 10 TDs on the ground (on pace for 900 yards and 13 TDs). Jalen has certainly been one of the top QBs in the league is every bit deserving of the MVP, should he win it. Now, whether or not he sustains this play is a different story, but he has been fantastic. 

If Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen are on the Eagles isnt their record just as good or even better?

If Hurst is on the Chiefs or Eagles are they nearly as good?

The Eagles have the #2 defense and the #1 offensive line.  If the Eagles lost Jalen I do not think it would be nearly as devastating as the Chiefs/Bills losing Mahomes/Allen or us losing Burrow.

Im not knocking Hurts at all, he is having an excellent season, but if this were a true most valuable player award (for a winning team) I'm not sure he is as crucial as these other 3 are to their teams...?  If he does continue his solid play, as you stated, there would be no argument if he won the award.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 08:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: On Around The Horn, they were talking about whether Hurts or Mahomes should get the MVP, so I Tweeted him saying “what about Burrow,” saying that he’s putting up MVP numbers while leading us to a likely playoff birth behind a horrible line, so Tony made a poll that included Burrow with the first two!

Didn't you bet that Burrow would be MVP? Seems to be some skin in the game.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 02:19 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Didn't you bet that Burrow would be MVP? Seems to be some skin in the game.

lol yes but I hadn't even thought about that when I Tweeted that.

I can't find my bet slip anyways, so I don't think I'll be able to cash in if he wins, so that really didn't play a role in it.
Reply/Quote
Our OL definitely started the season horrible but in the past 5 games we have only allowed 7 total sacks. That is certainly not horrible. Below average pass blocking and solid run blocking is how I would classify them right now. Also, I don't care what PFF and ESPN says I trust my eyes and they are giving Joe much more time than he has ever had.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:57 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: This has us 28th in pass blocking win rate, which is pretty bad.

You have to look pretty far down this list to find Burrow. Just sayin.

Reply/Quote
I don’t see him passing Hurts. Depending on how the rest of the season plays out and if he balls out, he may come in second, but Hurts’ is playing really well, even with a pretty stacked team, he will get it.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 07:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
You have to look pretty far down this list to find Burrow. Just sayin.

Idk how to take this. 1 if he’s only been “hit” 35 times, that seems good, but if those hits, he was only not sacked 1 time. That just seems odd.
Reply/Quote
Agreed.  Hurts is legit.  At least this season.

He's every bit as good as Allen maybe better at the moment and I trust him more.

Pat is pat and there may never be another QB quite as special.  I'm going to get hate for saying it but it's true. 

Burrow is the best pure pocket passer out of all of them and has underrated athleticism (is that even a word?).

For a career I'd take burrow any day.  I don't think hurts will stand the test of time but in the moment he's earned the MVP if things continue the way they are but burrow I think has a brighter future
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 09:31 AM)motoarch Wrote: Agreed.  Hurts is legit.  At least this season.

He's every bit as good as Allen maybe better at the moment and I trust him more.

Pat is pat and there may never be another QB quite as special.  I'm going to get hate for saying it but it's true. 

Burrow is the best pure pocket passer out of all of them and has underrated athleticism (is that even a word?).

For a career I'd take burrow any day.  I don't think hurts will stand the test of time but in the moment he's earned the MVP if things continue the way they are but burrow I think has a brighter future

You have to take individual QB stats, then look at team wins, factor out which QB is the most important to their team. Then when it is all added up, you have to deduct 25% of the points from Mahomes for bringing his bratty brother and skanky wife to the stadium with him.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 08:12 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I don’t see him passing Hurts. Depending on how the rest of the season plays out and if he balls out, he may come in second, but Hurts’ is playing really well, even with a pretty stacked team, he will get it.

Hurts is having a great year, unless he just flops, i think it's his.

What's wild to me, is back when we were drafting, i did a lot of mocks trading back, loading up on picks and selecting Hurts later in the draft knowing that he needed some time to develop. 

But couldn't be happier with the way it's worked out :)
Reply/Quote