Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tony Romo
(01-24-2023, 04:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: Pity the Bengals can't get their own special announcing team for home games - say Dave Lapham and Kay Adams...

How about Kay comes to your house and does play by play while drinking beers with you????
That is the one Im waiting for!!
Reply/Quote
Maybe romo is trying too hard to live up to the $. He’s talking much these days
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Will take Romo any day of the week and twice on Sunday over this dude..

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQ2UKi3YaKiPkZK2dadSZ...Q&usqp=CAU]
Reply/Quote
Yeah it seems like a dislike of Romo and Nantz as a combination is quite in vogue. Honestly, probably my favourite duo in the NFL right now. I personally loved the enthusiasm you could hear in Romo's voice when we were driving in OT in KC last year. He was literally saying what I was thinking as we got closer, 'my god the Bengals are going to the Super Bowl'.

It's all subjective but I don't mind them. I would say their calls for the Buffalo game weren't on point, but I really thought they nailed the AFCCG last year personally.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 08:23 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Yeah it seems like a dislike of Romo and Nantz as a combination is quite in vogue. Honestly, probably my favourite duo in the NFL right now. I personally loved the enthusiasm you could hear in Romo's voice when we were driving in OT in KC last year. He was literally saying what I was thinking as we got closer, 'my god the Bengals are going to the Super Bowl'.

It's all subjective but I don't mind them. I would say their calls for the Buffalo game weren't on point, but I really thought they nailed the AFCCG last year personally.

According to the Ravens game a couple weeks ago, this is Sam Hubbard's account posting here.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 08:24 PM)basballguy Wrote: According to the Ravens game a couple weeks ago, this is Sam Hubbard's account posting here.  

I would be looking forward to work tomorrow a lot more if I had Sam Hubbard's bank balance, and his ability to play in the NFL.

.... Or maybe I am looking forward to work tomorrow...  Ninja Sam
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 08:03 PM)bengalfan47 Wrote: How about Kay comes to your house and does play by play while drinking beers with you????

I wouldn’t see a single snap of a game if Kay were at my house….
Reply/Quote
Romo was amazing his 1st year.

He’s letting his bias’s come through now that he’s comfortable and he’s been training in CBS’s system for 3 years now so he’s more cookie cutter. The double whammy he’s getting is he isn’t as fresh as year 1 and he’s starting to get comfortable with the players he feels are the best so some games will just be meat riding fests for certain players until it’s blatantly obvious another player is balling out.

I feel like DJ Reader’s name should’ve been called more against the Bills but becaus Romo was so obviously a Josh Allen fan he was making excuses instead of calling it like it was and saying Allen wasn’t that good. He wasn’t bad but he wasn’t that good either
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 08:55 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I wouldn’t see a single snap of a game if Kay were at my house….

Lol
Word!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 06:08 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: Joe Buck & Aikman are the best hands down. Michaels & Collinsworth was right there with them, but they divorced. 

Buck should never have been on television and only has his job because of his father.

Aikman has the talking part downpat (though he does sound bored half the time), but his analysis (the main part of his job) sucks: he doesn't break down even half of the stuff that Romo, Trent Green or Collinsworth do.

They are effectively middling.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 07:12 PM)motoarch Wrote: But is he?

https://twitter.com/Gridiron/status/1358724376053633025?s=20&t=f078i-tq3iP2BRohmjcXuQ

Harlan is not a colour guy.

If we're going play by play, I can go on even more about that lol, but not tonight.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 04:45 PM)Joelist Wrote: Pity the Bengals can't get their own special announcing team for home games - say Dave Lapham and Kay Adams...

(01-24-2023, 08:03 PM)bengalfan47 Wrote: How about Kay comes to your house and does play by play while drinking beers with you????

You guys are creepy.

And Kay isn't a PbP person, she's a show host.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 04:41 PM)lacesout87 Wrote: When I first heard him call a game, I, like the rest of America, loved his play breakdowns and his ability to damn near tell exactly what was going to be run before it happened. Then when I started to hear him call Bengals games, it all went downhill. His ability to gush over anything and anyone not-Bengals drove me to the point where anything he says just annoys the crap out of me.

I don't know how many times during the Bills game I said out loud that Romo needs to take off his Josh Allen kneepads and shut the eff up - now we get to experience it back-to-back weekends, this time with Mahomes.

I've never tuned into Hoard and Lapham for a game, is it worth it? I love Lap, but just hearing his grunts in the background of mic'd up videos makes me question if I could listen to him for 3 hours.

I started a new tradition last year because I could no longer "enjoy" the Gameday Thread. I will get out for a ride for at least 1/4 of the game and listen to Laps/Hoard on the Radio. Lap's "grunts" can get annoying. often times he'll say like "got it, got it" in the background and then hoard calls it incomplete. But I will say his commentary makes up for it. He's a huge homer, but he's fair and often gives the other teams credit.

WTS Gresham should have punched him in the eye
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 11:34 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Buck should never have been on television and only has his job because of his father.

Aikman has the talking part downpat (though he does sound bored half the time), but his analysis (the main part of his job) sucks: he doesn't break down even half of the stuff that Romo, Trent Green or Collinsworth do.

They are effectively middling.

Joe Buck is absolutely the worst. I swear he doesn't even know the name of the city he is in half the time.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 04:41 PM)lacesout87 Wrote: I've never tuned into Hoard and Lapham for a game, is it worth it? I love Lap, but just hearing his grunts in the background of mic'd up videos makes me question if I could listen to him for 3 hours.

Hoard and Lapham come off as such a bizarre duo that it almost seems like a comedy skit more than reality.  You have this spindly play-by-play guy with his nerdy voice trying to explain what is going on while this former player bellows and grunts in reaction to what is happening on the field and you're trying to gauge what is happening based upon the tone of Lap's grunts because you can't hear the actual play-by-play.  Just listening to them without having a visual cue is pretty difficult at times.

Burrow back to pass
*OAAAOUUUUGHH!!!!!!* (I think this means he avoided some sort of pressure)
Takes a deep shot!
*AAAARHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!* (I think that is a good grunt?)
...and the ball is........
OOOOOOOOOOOGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
.....end zone for the touchdown!
WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Good on Lap for still having that fire, but the guy reminds me of when they bring a celebrity fan in who isn't accustomed to the whole play by play process who gets wrapped up in fandom and starts screaming GO GO GO etc. during the broadcast around a live mic.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 11:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You guys are creepy.

Here's an insight to American Dudes.

We don't care about her PbP skills
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 04:43 PM)basballguy Wrote: (This is not directed at any individual person on this board)

The Tony Romo hate i've seen on the internet the past week is absolutely absurd.  Dude is hands down the best color commentator we've had as NFL fans in at least a decade.  He's turned up the fanboi attitude a ton this year but he's still above and beyond better than the other options.

You want Tiki Barber or Jay Feely?...good luck with that.  Give me Romo.

what a surprise, of course YOU think Romo is good

shocker
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 12:01 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow back to pass
*OAAAOUUUUGHH!!!!!!* (I think this means he avoided some sort of pressure)
Takes a deep shot!
*AAAARHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!* (I think that is a good grunt?)
...and the ball is........
OOOOOOOOOOOGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

LOL this got a laugh out of me
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 12:11 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: what a surprise, of course YOU think Romo is good

shocker

try harder
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 11:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You guys are creepy.

I'm not the one who said she should be at my house. And I think she would be an interesting PbP. 
Reply/Quote