Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Much TE?
Funny im posting this after bitching about our TEs all yr but what is the strategy here with our 5 TEs?
I cant imagine they want to put one of the drafted rookies on the Practice squad and risk another team plucking them?
I think they like keeping 3 on gameday roster so that leaves 2 for PS....maybe Tanner and (?)
Possibly All goes on IR initially?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 10:31 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Funny im posting this after bitching about our TEs all yr but what is the strategy here with our 5 TEs?
I cant imagine they want to put one of the drafted rookies on the Practice squad and risk another team plucking them?
I think they like keeping 3 on gameday roster so that leaves 2 for PS....maybe Tanner and (?)

All could end up going to PUP/IR initially, but he has to be kept on the final roster before he can be moved.
I know some have tossed out the idea of Bengals going just 3 RBs and Sample essentially moves to H-Back, but I don't think that happens.
I think if the Bengals can find a way to keep all the other 4 TEs while putting All on PUP/IR with designation to return, they will do that.
Otherwise, it will be McLachlan vs Hudson for final spot, and the loser being cut to then hopefully put on PS.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 10:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: All could end up going to PUP/IR initially, but he has to be kept on the final roster before he can be moved.
I know some have tossed out the idea of Bengals going just 3 RBs and Sample essentially moves to H-Back, but I don't think that happens.
I think if the Bengals can find a way to keep all the other 4 TEs while putting All on PUP/IR with designation to return, they will do that.
Otherwise, it will be McLachlan vs Hudson for final spot, and the loser being cut to then hopefully put on PS.

I think that would be an excellent idea if they did do that.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 10:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: All could end up going to PUP/IR initially, but he has to be kept on the final roster before he can be moved.

I thought the NFL changed that this year. Teams can put 2 on short term IR and will not be a part of the 53.

This may be another reason Bengals chose All.

NFL owners approve tweaking of injured reserve rules, designating players to return (usatoday.com)
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 11:20 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I thought the NFL changed that this year. Teams can put 2 on short term IR and will not be a part of the 53.

This may be another reason Bengals chose All.

NFL owners approve tweaking of injured reserve rules, designating players to return (usatoday.com)

Ahh I didn't see any post about rule changes to this stuff. If they did, great.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 10:37 AM)ochocincos Wrote: All could end up going to PUP/IR initially, *****

That name is going to be so confusing.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 11:21 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ahh I didn't see any post about rule changes to this stuff. If they did, great.
What changed?

Teams are now allowed to use up to two designations to return from injured reserve before final roster cutdowns.

Previously, for a player to be eligible to return from injured reserve at some point during the season after a minimum of four games, he has to have been on the 53-man roster following final cutdowns for at least one day. If placed on injured reserve before that, his season would be over.

This year, they will still be able to use up to eight designations, but they can save a pair of roster spots if there are players with serious but shorter-term injuries.

The other part that changed was that the eight-designation limit only applies to the regular season. Teams that reach the postseason will have unlimited designations, provided the player has been on injured reserve at least four games.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 10:31 AM)kalibengal Wrote: Funny im posting this after bitching about our TEs all yr but what is the strategy here with our 5 TEs?

I think they defitniely keep 4 TEs.

I may be the only one, but I thing Hudson's spot is not secure.

Reply/Quote
[Image: 4xsygz.jpg]

YOU GET A TE! YOU GET A TE! YOU GET A TE!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 11:26 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: What changed?

Teams are now allowed to use up to two designations to return from injured reserve before final roster cutdowns.

Previously, for a player to be eligible to return from injured reserve at some point during the season after a minimum of four games, he has to have been on the 53-man roster following final cutdowns for at least one day. If placed on injured reserve before that, his season would be over.

This year, they will still be able to use up to eight designations, but they can save a pair of roster spots if there are players with serious but shorter-term injuries.

The other part that changed was that the eight-designation limit only applies to the regular season. Teams that reach the postseason will have unlimited designations, provided the player has been on injured reserve at least four games.

That's what changed: you no longer need to pass-thru to 53 man before placing on IR.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 11:36 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I think they defitniely keep 4 TEs.

I may be the only one, but I thing Hudson's spot is not secure.

Gesicki does everything Hudson can, except better, and can do things Hudson can't do.  

Hudson also doesn't really play ST's(only 10% last year), and our reserve TE's usually play 40-70% of them.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 12:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: Gesicki does everything Hudson can, except better, and can do things Hudson can't do.  

Hudson also doesn't really play ST's(only 10% last year), and our reserve TE's usually play 40-70% of them.

What Hudson already has going for him is Burrow's trust. I suspect we will see the draftee's headed to the PS
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What Hudson already has going for him is Burrow's trust. I suspect we will see the draftee's headed to the PS

And we would lose those draft picks instantly.  I do not think this happens at all.  Burrow will trust Gesiki, who does exactly what Hudson does, only better.  I'd bet Hudson is not the highest on the TE totem pole for Casey.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2024, 12:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: What Hudson already has going for him is Burrow's trust. I suspect we will see the draftee's headed to the PS

If the Bengals valued Joe's trust in TE's, we wouldn't be going into this year with his 4th different starting TE in 5 years.  If they don't value it for the TE1, I doubt they care too much about the TE4.
Reply/Quote
The free agent TE market wasn’t the best this year. Hell Irv Smith found a job. We got Gesicki and didnt have to break the bank.

Hudson was a free agent and I don’t remember any teams beating down his door to sign him. And we got him back on a cheap one year deal. He is 29 and has always been a fringe of the roster talent. I don’t think our horrible situation at TE last year changed that.
Reply/Quote
Hudson the odd man out unless All spends the year on IR
Reply/Quote
I can see McLachlan being TE3 over Hudson.
Reply/Quote

Well 1 could double as a FB...  We might run more 2 TE sets    And you always bring more to camp than you keep

And the new Kick off rules might favor larger bodies over the faster guys now
Reply/Quote
"Too Much Cars?"

The Cars:
[Image: Abandoned%20Cars.jpg]

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Really like what I saw of Drew Sample at H-Back last year. I think that is where he gets listed as a H-Back/FB.

We will keep 4 TE's and Gesicki can be listed as a WR if we need to. Like others said, Erick All will probably be on IR/PUP
early in the season. McLachlan is a great pick for our backup and could push Hudson off the roster, that is how high I am
on this guy. Nice problems to have at TE.
Reply/Quote