Carl Lawson, DE

Takk McKinley, Edge

DeDe Westbrook, WR

Budda Baker, S

Dion Dawkins, OT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nobody is listing Adam Bisnowaty the OT from pitt?

Dude is a mauler and the perfect replacement for Whit.

"It seems likely that Bisnowaty will need to move inside to guard where he should excel. The strength of his game is run blocking and hand usage. His strengths as a pass protector would also be more noticeable.

Bisnowaty does a good job keeping a wide base which allows him to absorb contact and anchor. At guard, he’d be able to keep pressure out of the face of his quarterback.
It’s important to note that Bisnowaty isn’t a major liability working at tackle. He could carve out a career in the NFL on the outside, but he would perform at a higher level inside. The fact that he can hold up playing tackle helps his draft stock due to the versatility.
There is still time for him to improve his technique and show more upside protecting the edge. This would make it easier for NFL teams to project him as an offensive tackle."
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 03:22 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Nobody is listing Adam Bisnowaty the OT from pitt?

Dude is a mauler and the perfect replacement for Whit.

"It seems likely that Bisnowaty will need to move inside to guard where he should excel. The strength of his game is run blocking and hand usage. His strengths as a pass protector would also be more noticeable.

Bisnowaty does a good job keeping a wide base which allows him to absorb contact and anchor. At guard, he’d be able to keep pressure out of the face of his quarterback.
It’s important to note that Bisnowaty isn’t a major liability working at tackle. He could carve out a career in the NFL on the outside, but he would perform at a higher level inside. The fact that he can hold up playing tackle helps his draft stock due to the versatility.
There is still time for him to improve his technique and show more upside protecting the edge. This would make it easier for NFL teams to project him as an offensive tackle."

Good one.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2017, 11:18 AM)dr1441 Wrote: With us picking in the top 10, there is going to be someone with some serious talent fall to us in the 2nd round. With that being said, what are some of the late first/2nd round guys that you guys like? Name your top 5 in order you would like to see in stripes next season. I realize that this will all be dependent on which way we go in the 1st round but this draft is pretty deep for the 1st 3 rounds or so. Here would be my top 5 guys I would like to see in stripes that we can target in the 2nd round:

1. Tim Williams, DE/OLB/ Pass Rusher- Alabama
[Image: hi-res-afb773fd40d11590a3ec8b25cbcace11_...h=433&q=85]
Tim Williams is a top 5 talent but has some off field issues. We took Carlos Dunlap in a similar fashion in the 2nd round a few years back. Williams will need to answer the off the field issues but between the hash marks, he is one of the best pass rushers, if not the best pass rusher in this draft. 

2. Raekwon McMillion, LB- Ohio State 
[Image: 67889_h.jpg?itok=0EeKgdYw]
McMillion is one of the most instinctual linebackers in this draft. He is always around the ball. He may have to come off the field on some passing downs or in nickel defense but after watching years of malaluga and now Dansby get destroyed in the passing game, McMillion is a clear upgrade over both of them. I would like Rueben Foster at 9 but if we don't take a LB in the 1st, McMillion should be our guy if still on the board. 

3. TJ Watt, LB/DE/Pass Rusher- Wisconsin 
[Image: 615526898.0.jpeg]
TJ Watt is an absolute havoc wrecker on a passing game. He has a very first quick step and has nice bend along the edge. Would be more of a situational pass rusher while someone like Margus Hunt or Michael Johnson played the run downs until he adds a little bulk. 

4. JuJu-Smith Schuster, WR- USC 
[Image: C1TmmLWVEAAh8T3.jpg]
JuJu would instantly become a fan favorite for all of the times they would play juju on that beat when he makes a great catch or first down but besides that, the dude can go up and get a football. He is a big play WR and that is exactly what this offense needs. As good of a year that Brandon Lafell had, he isn't the answer for the #2 or #3 WR opposite AJ and Boyd. 

5. Desmond King, CB- Iowa 
[Image: p10DOM-Fball-692x360.jpg]
Desmond King isn't going to go to the combine and wow you with his underwear on, but the kid is a very good cornerback. Think Casey Hayward as a comparison. He has phenomenal ball skills when the ball is in the air and almost turns himself into a WR when playing the ball. He isn't going to blaze a 4.3 or 4.4 40 but if you select king, our nickel CB position is in very good hands for years to come. And now with Pacman getting in trouble, and hopefully his release, we are going to have to go CB at sometime in this draft. a WJIII, Dre k, Dennard, King secondary could form into something really nice over the next few years. 

So let me hear some of the guys you are thinking we should target in the 2nd round. 

If King is there in the second round, I can all but guarantee you the Bengals would sprint to the podium and take him. I don't see any way he slips that far, but he is kind of flying under the radar right now.  I doubt that happens after the combine.  

Schuster got absolutely shut down against Bama, the only time he faced NFL talent at CB.  He played in the defense-optional PAC-12.  I want nothing to do with him.  
Reply/Quote
Guys who I think will be around in the early 2nd

Alvin Kamara
TJ Watt
Marlon Humphrey
Jabril Peppers (shocker of the draft): a guy without a true position and poor ball skills
Evan Pocic
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I'm beginning to like Caleb Brantley DT if he last that long. Some have him as a first rounder, others have him going later.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 11:14 AM)McC Wrote: Doesn't matter who the top C is.  We ain't drafting one.  We might take on in the late rounds for depth.  But Bodine's replacement?  Not happening.

I don't think they would release him, under contract, and go with a draft pick.  However, it is Bodine's last year of his contract and it would make sense grooming a replacement or at the very least, bringing in competition who could provide depth if he can't beat him out ( Hilarious :paul:  Hilarious)

I bet they wish they had drafted a Guard last year (higher) because of the position they are now in with Zeitler.  
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2017, 04:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whoa, don't like hitting women even if they are biotches.

Mixon will fall a ways cause of that i am sure.

I think that was why i took Hill off my list at the time and was surprised by the pick.

Don't know how any man could punch a pregnant gal, that is crazy shit, especially in the stomach. Sick

I thought Hill slugged a guy, just a cheap shot, outside some sporting event and it was on film?  Heard nothing about the pregnant girlfriend...wow.

Mixon didn't just hit a woman, he broke four bones in her face...in public.  He's completely off my board.  We don't need any more dumbasses, and we need to release one right now (jones).  
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2017, 07:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought Hill slugged a guy, just a cheap shot, outside some sporting event and it was on film?  Heard nothing about the pregnant girlfriend...wow.

Mixon didn't just hit a woman, he broke four bones in her face...in public.  He's completely off my board.  We don't need any more dumbasses, and we need to release one right now (jones).  

Fight or flight. She pushed and then slapped Mixon. When you get hit in the face by a stranger your reactions often times are not entirely voluntary.

Bla bla bla you arent supposed to hit a lady. A drunk and disorderly person calling you racial slurs and initiating violent physical contact is not acting lady like. 

For sure hope he is not off our board because of this. Makes me want to ensure we do plenty of digging on his background though.

I dont care who you are, if a intoxicated stranger begins verbally and physically assaulting you I dont expect you to do your best Jesus impression. 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 05:00 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Fight or flight. She pushed and then slapped Mixon. When you get hit in the face by a stranger your reactions often times are not entirely voluntary.

Bla bla bla you arent supposed to hit a lady. A drunk and disorderly person calling you racial slurs and initiating violent physical contact is not acting lady like. 

For sure hope he is not off our board because of this. Makes me want to ensure we do plenty of digging on his background though.

I dont care who you are, if a intoxicated stranger begins verbally and physically assaulting you I dont expect you to do your best Jesus impression. 

Not what I saw in that video at all.  Fight or flight my ass.  And if a woman begins "verbally and physically assaulting" me, I would not resort to hitting her.  Sorry if you think that makes me look as though I am trying to be like Jesus.  That is simply one rule you don't ever break.  Ever.  
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 10:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not what I saw in that video at all.  Fight or flight my ass.  And if a woman begins "verbally and physically assaulting" me, I would not resort to hitting her.  Sorry if you think that makes me look as though I am trying to be like Jesus.  That is simply one rule you don't ever break.  Ever.  

Fight or flight is a natural reaction to a threatening situation. A stranger pushing and then slapping you is a threatening situation. 

What part didnt you see?

She waves him over. Moves towards him and pushes him shortly after he was turning to leave and hits him in the face. 

Women are now allowed to serve in the infantry. Women in the UFC would kick the shit out of most men. This isnt the 1950s anymore where every woman is a dainty little helpless flower. 

The woman involved in this has a criminal record and started the violence on this night. She is not some innocent victim of violence.

I dont care who you are. If someone begins phyically assaulting you then you have the right to defend yourself.  

Could it have been handled better ? Yes. But in the heat of the moment he didnt do anything abnormal. 
Reply/Quote
What about Cooper Kupp? I would love to get this kid in the 2nd, 3rd would be even better.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 07:35 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Fight or flight is a natural reaction to a threatening situation. A stranger pushing and then slapping you is a threatening situation. 

What part didnt you see?

She waves him over. Moves towards him and pushes him shortly after he was turning to leave and hits him in the face. 

Women are now allowed to serve in the infantry. Women in the UFC would kick the shit out of most men. This isnt the 1950s anymore where every woman is a dainty little helpless flower. 

The woman involved in this has a criminal record and started the violence on this night. She is not some innocent victim of violence.

I dont care who you are. If someone begins phyically assaulting you then you have the right to defend yourself.  

Could it have been handled better ? Yes. But in the heat of the moment he didnt do anything abnormal. 

Good Lord, are you completely ignorant?  I'm done with this conversation.  
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 09:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good Lord, are you completely ignorant?  I'm done with this conversation.  

I forgot, this is bizarro world and defending yourself is abnormal. He got hit and hit back. He didn't beat her. This wasn't somebody he knew. 

Ignorance is demonizing a person because they wouldn't stand their and just accept someone assaulting them.  
Reply/Quote
1. Jarrad Davis, LB. Florida
2. John Ross, WR. Washington
3. Budda Baker, S. Washington
4. Obi Melifonwu, S. UConn
5. Ethan Pocic, C/OG. LSU
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 01:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I forgot, this is bizarro world and defending yourself is abnormal. He got hit and hit back. He didn't beat her. This wasn't somebody he knew. 

Ignorance is demonizing a person because they wouldn't stand their and just accept someone assaulting them.  

Uh, what he did would be totally fine, if he were 7 and she 10, and towered over him by a foot... 

As it stands, the dude is a freakin' loser.  He had the world in his hand.  Free scholarship to a fine education, pretty much a free ticket to millions as an athlete.  However, he fails the character test.  He had an opportunity to walk away from a weaker aggressor, of the opposite sex.  Yet, he chose to show that he was "Kong!", and proceed to knock her ass out. 

Now, if that is how this man is going to behave, when he is faced with a little stress that he didn't ask for.  How in the heck do you think any professional sports franchise is going to feel about putting large amounts of money into this immature child's hands???

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2017, 10:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uh, what he did would be totally fine, if he were 7 and she 10, and towered over him by a foot... 

As it stands, the dude is a freakin' loser.  He had the world in his hand.  Free scholarship to a fine education, pretty much a free ticket to millions as an athlete.  However, he fails the character test.  He had an opportunity to walk away from a weaker aggressor, of the opposite sex.  Yet, he chose to show that he was "Kong!", and proceed to knock her ass out. 

Now, if that is how this man is going to behave, when he is faced with a little stress that he didn't ask for.  How in the heck do you think any professional sports franchise is going to feel about putting large amounts of money into this immature child's hands???

I initially wrote him off. Didn't even want to watch the video. Finally watched it and watched his police interview. 

Bad decision. And he paid. Suspended and nationally embarrassed. Only special idiots like Pacman don't learn from being nationally embarrassed. 

Because some drunk person verbally and physically assaulted him and he escalated force to subdue the threat I refuse to label him as a bad character. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 12:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: If King is there in the second round, I can all but guarantee you the Bengals would sprint to the podium and take him. I don't see any way he slips that far, but he is kind of flying under the radar right now.  I doubt that happens after the combine.  

Schuster got absolutely shut down against Bama, the only time he faced NFL talent at CB.  He played in the defense-optional PAC-12.  I want nothing to do with him.  

Everyone on that team got shut down when Max Browne was playing QB.

Go back and look at last year's games or look at the games with Darnold at QB - he had a nice game against Penn State.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2017, 01:46 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Everyone on that team got shut down when Max Browne was playing QB.

Go back and look at last year's games or look at the games with Darnold at QB - he had a nice game against Penn State.

He couldn't get separation against Bama because his QB wasn't any good?  He may have improved his route running or something like that as the season wore on, but he doesn't seem to have the short-space quickness needed to be a top tier WR.  
Reply/Quote