Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tough Year
Bengals won 3 games with Browning (with a back up QB)

You really aren't suppose win more than that.. ideally it's a spot start here and there.

Bengals with a healthy Burrow win at least 11 games this season....

See you all back on the wagon next year.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
We had a shot at Flacco but MB said y’all chose Browning and you have to live with it. MB was never concerned with making the playoffs after Burrow went down. He conceded the season and everyone should have taken note.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Rudolph and Flacco look very good. They probably bring them back.

I think the Browns already signed Flacco for next year on a 1 year deal.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: With the expected turnover and questions at QB (ability to stay healthy) moving forward. The window has been slammed shut. We can’t compete in the AFCN. Nowhere close to competing with the other teams. And look to have the worst coaching staff of the 4.

It’s not even close to slammed shut when you have a healthy Burrow. They need to retool in some positions and change some of their identity and they are right back in it.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:45 PM)Bengalion Wrote: There's always a next year. At least we made it look fun for a while. Hope Burrow's fully healthy at the start of the next training camp, also I'm willing to create a D-line out of the scratch (keep Trey and replace everyone else).

Get Sweat from UT, and pray DJ Reader gets back to form.

With the expected turnover this season, there's not much else we can do.
Reply/Quote
Life in football begins and ends in the trenches. Unfortunately this is where we are the weakest. Keep trying to solidify the lines.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:49 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I mean you aren't going to see me disagreeing. 

With all of that said with a healthy Burrow I still could of seen us back in the AFC Championship game this year. 

The end of the year always sucks but this team has spirit and the ability to regroup in 2024. There is still a lot of hope for the future it's not the 90's or the Marvin tenure. 

Nope Ravens dominated the AFC, and Tua played well this year , more explosive than us with Burrow it would have been tough road back to AFC championship 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:43 PM)jj22 Wrote: With the expected turnover and questions at QB (ability to stay healthy) moving forward. The window has been slammed shut. We can’t compete in the AFCN. Nowhere close to competing with the other teams. And look to have the worst coaching staff of the 4.

I can’t imagine living this way.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:53 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: It’s not even close to slammed shut when you have a healthy Burrow. They need to retool in some positions and change some of their identity and they are right back in it.

Yep. This team won 8 games. You don’t need to blow it all up, you just re-tool.

Reply/Quote
Some teams can overcome injuries and still make the playoffs. Very few can even win a Super Bowl, even with the starting QB knocked out for season.

This team is not one of them. They all had to be healthy for a Super Bowl run imo.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:47 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I found this year entertaining given the setbacks. We hung around late in the season. Looking forward to next year.

Entertainment is the name of the game, and there was definitely a stretch there where they were fun to watch.  Meh, we could still finish above .500 and there were many, many seasons over the decades where they never even got close to that mark.  Here's to better days ahead Cheers
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:55 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Nope Ravens dominated the AFC, and Tua played well this year , more explosive than us with Burrow it would have been tough road back to AFC championship 

Are you just trying to be contrarian?

Miami hasn't beat a good team all season and will lose the division next week vs. Buffalo.

Bengals absolutely had a chance against any team this season including the Ravens.  

It's okay to be upset on how the season went but don't be dramatic. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can’t imagine living this way.

Reality is tough but you’d be stronger to live in it. 

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: We had a shot at Flacco but MB said y’all chose Browning and you have to live with it. MB was never concerned with making the playoffs after Burrow went down. He conceded the season and everyone should have taken note.
Dude, Flacco wasn't a sure thing. When he was signed, most Browns fans were laughing at the signing. No one saw this coming. Flacco did next to nothing since the Ravens released him, after the SB win he has turned into a mediocre QB. Browning knows this offense, Zac has coached him up for a while, there was no reason to believe that Flacco was a better option than Browning. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:58 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Some teams can overcome injuries and still make the playoffs. Very few can even win a Super Bowl, even with the starting QB knocked out for season.

This team is not one of them. They all had to be healthy for a Super Bowl run imo.

So we are like Ravens, Dolphins, Steelers then , they have no SB runs with backup QBs
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:00 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Dude, Flacco wasn't a sure thing. When he was signed, most Browns fans were laughing at the signing. No one saw this coming. Flacco did next to nothing since the Ravens released him, after the SB win he has turned into a mediocre QB. Browning knows this offense, Zac has coached him up for a while, there was no reason to believe that Flacco was a better option than Browning. 

Now might not be the best time to argue that. Coaches and GM’s should know more than fans. 

Browning had never even started a reg season. Flacco was a SB MVP and had dominated the playoffs. 

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:00 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Dude, Flacco wasn't a sure thing. When he was signed, most Browns fans were laughing at the signing. No one saw this coming. Flacco did next to nothing since the Ravens released him, after the SB win he has turned into a mediocre QB. Browning knows this offense, Zac has coached him up for a while, there was no reason to believe that Flacco was a better option than Browning. 

Bengals management wouldn't even bring him in for a look.  That speaks volumes. Jake Browning doesn't know what to do when he has a free Blitzer staring him right in the face.  With this team, I think we could have done something with a Flacco or a Carson Wentz
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:45 PM)Bengalion Wrote: There's always a next year. At least we made it look fun for a while. Hope Burrow's fully healthy at the start of the next training camp, also I'm willing to create a D-line out of the scratch (keep Trey and replace everyone else).
A fourth place schedule patriots titans acc west nfc east and a last place south nfc team
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Reality is tough but you’d be stronger to live in it. 

The reality is we have a franchise QB who is 27 years old. It’s beyond ridiculous to talk about the “window being slammed shut” already.

And before you go crying about him being inury prone, I’ll just point out so is the guy in Baltimore, and he’s about to win MVP and the #1 seed.

Reply/Quote

I get being harsh the moment the season ends, but if the Bengals made the Super Bowl and AFC title game the last two years, they can definitely do it again next year or the year after or the year after and so on. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote