Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Tough Year
(12-31-2023, 10:03 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Bengals management wouldn't even bring him in for a look.  That speaks volumes. Jake Browning doesn't know what to do when he has a free Blitzer staring him right in the face.  With this team, I think we could have done something with a Flacco or a Carson Wentz

Right it was lazy and negligent to put the hopes of a sb ready team that was healthy at the time outside of QB in the hands of a qb that had no experience and they signed some friend of the fo that has done far less outside of Cinci to back him up. These weren’t moves to keep the championship run afloat. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Guys this isn't Andy Dalton or a Marvin Lewis led team.... I have full faith the Bengals will be a Super Bowl contender next year.

I'm 10 beers deep as well so I hope you guys aren't blaming your negativity on being hammered. That's just your personality at that point!

Who Effing Dey!
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:58 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Are you just trying to be contrarian?

Miami hasn't beat a good team all season and will lose the division next week vs. Buffalo.

Bengals absolutely had a chance against any team this season including the Ravens.  

It's okay to be upset on how the season went but don't be dramatic. 

0-2 against Ravens, ravens have been dominant when Lamar is healthy,  Dolphins beat Dallas have had alot of  injuries  on offense, they are a top 5 offense and top 10 defense,  I think your home bias is showing..we just never were consistent enough this year on offense
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 0-2 against Ravens, ravens have been dominant when Lamar is healthy,  Dolphins beat Dallas have had alot of  injuries  on offense, they are a top 5 offense and top 10 defense,  I think your home bias is showing..we just never were consistent enough this year on offense

Right doesn't have anything to do with Higgins, Burrow or Chase being hurt this year.  I'm far from a biased fan.

Dolphins beat zero good teams this year.

Dallas has basically the same issue and huge question mark at QB.

Cmon I'll give you Baltimore for arguments sake but I can see them dropping their 1st game after resting dudes for 2 straight weeks.

Bengals were in the thick of if it wasn't for injuries that's just the facts.

FYI Buffalo may win it all
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:04 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I get being harsh the moment the season ends, but if the Bengals made the Super Bowl and AFC title game the last two years, they can definitely do it again next year or the year after or the year after and so on. 

I see what happened when we lost Bell and Bates. 

Now I look at the players we are set to lose this offseason………

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:04 PM)Oswego28$ Wrote: A fourth place schedule patriots titans acc west nfc east and a last place south nfc team
NFC teams are:

1. A Dallas Cowboys team that have historically clapped as of late.

2. A Eagles team with a better OC.

3. A Redskins team that could be on the up.

4. A Giants team that could be on the up.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:10 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Bengals were in the thick of if it wasn't for injuries that's just the facts.

Is it tho because there was a lot of rumbling about the team not being up to standards outside of the SF game. 

People weren't feeling all that hot about this season even with Burrow starting.

Folks have forgot.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:12 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: NFC teams are:

1. A Dallas Cowboys team that have historically clapped as of late.

2. A Eagles team with a better OC.

3. A Redskins team that could be on the up.

4. A Giants team that could be on the up.

NFC is T R A S H

AFC has boat raced them this year.... yea sure things can change year to year. But please don't sell me that these teams are worth more than mid-level in the AFC.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:07 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Guys this isn't Andy Dalton or a Marvin Lewis led team.... I have full faith the Bengals will be a Super Bowl contender next year.

I'm 10 beers deep as well so I hope you guys aren't blaming your negativity on being hammered.  That's just your personality at that point!

Who Effing Dey!

I' thought our team fought hard but there was a brief moment I felt maybe we could play like past 2 years but no doubt Ravens dominated this year and Miami was way explosive, Burrow had zero games over 350 and 2 games with 3 tds just never showed we got rowing on offense 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Is it tho because there was a lot of rumbling about the team not being up to standards outside of the SF game. 

People were t feeling all that hot about this season even with Burrow starting.

All comes back to Burrow my guy... but if you want my opinion on SF I think they suck.

1-3 vs. the AFC North this season.  Purdy couldn't figure out our division.  The NFC appears to be lackluster with a lot of average or below average teams.

Question how many games was Burrow healthy for in the AFC North this season?   ZERO.  Don't tell me we don't win at least 2 games with a healthy Burrow that puts us in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I look for Black Monday to be Black and Blue Monday in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:11 PM)jj22 Wrote: I see what happened when we lost Bell and Bates. 

Now I look at the players we are set to lose this offseason………

I'm not saying someone go bet their life savings on the Bengals winning it all next year or anything lol. It is possible they make the right changes this offseason to help get over the hump finally. assuming the team stays relatively healthy too. 

But at the same time I get what you are saying. I don't fully trust this front office to make the moves that would help them get over the top. But I have hope unlike a few years ago.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Well we might win 2 more with Burrow. But then again we might not have. The 2023 Bengals were hard to trust. Did they dominate any game.

Reply/Quote
I'm fine with Zac Taylor but I would be calling for Pollack to lose his job.

No excuse Year after Year he has a crap O-Line. At some point you have to look at the coaching.

Other than that I'm fine with the coaching staff and let's reload.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:20 PM)jj22 Wrote: Well we might win 2 more with Burrow. But then again we might not have. The 2023 Bengals were hard to trust. Did they dominate any game.

Yes.... SF
Reply/Quote
Usually I'm the pessimist in the thread.... what a weird time to be alive.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:45 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Ravens will have a lot of turnover starting next year on defense...

Steelers and Browns still have QB issues.

Window is not shut. 

Completely disagree - Bengals regroup and win the AFC North next season - you forget they will have a 4th place schedule

They won’t win the division ever again so long as Taylor has anything to do with the offense and Lou is running the defense. Teams have figured out both coaches are frauds. Unable to counter adjustments. Neither the offense or defense had any sort of identity….at least not positive identity. This team has been wholly inconsistent under this coaching staff. It’s difficult to pinpoint any one problem and do anything meaningful about it.

That’s what you get when you have inexperienced staff in underserved positions with an owner with a history of blind loyalty.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:19 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I'm not saying someone go bet their life savings on the Bengals winning it all next year or anything lol. It is possible they make the right changes this offseason to help get over the hump finally. assuming the team stays relatively healthy too. 

But at the same time I get what you are saying. I don't fully trust this front office to make the moves that would help them get over the top. But I have hope unlike a few years ago.

We can’t be counted out with a healthy Burrow. But significant changes have to be made. I don’t think we can just say a healthy Burrow fixes everything. If the FO goes into the offseason with that mindset I think it’ll be a misjudgment of where they are especially as it relates to the division. 

0-6 in the division for a supposed championship caliber team and staff can’t be excused. If we could have competed in the division this season wouldn’t have felt so lost. It would feel like all we needed was health. I think too many around here are turning a blind eye to the division record. 

Reply/Quote
Cut the punter. Local high school kids could do better and not cost a 6th round pick.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 09:45 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Ravens will have a lot of turnover starting next year on defense...

Steelers and Browns still have QB issues.

Window is not shut. 

Completely disagree - Bengals regroup and win the AFC North next season - you forget they will have a 4th place schedule

There is very little if any advantage to the “4th place schedule”.  With the exception of three opponents, the schedule is predetermined. Six division games, four against all of AFC west, four against all of NFC east, AFC south 4th place (Titans), AFC east 4th place (Patriots), NFC south 4th place (Panthers).

I expect a better record next year, but not because of the schedule.
Reply/Quote