Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracking Pro Days & Meetings
Pro Days have started.

Schedule: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2024-nfl-pro-day-schedule/

Bengals had people at Illinois Pro Day on March 8th (Tip Reimann was mentioned) and Dan Pticher was at South Carolina's pro day today.

Here is a list of combine meetings from thr guys over at Bengals & Brews.

I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Georgia is tommorrow March 13th. I'm wondering if a Bengals OL coach will be there.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 06:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Georgia is tommorrow March 13th. I'm wondering if a Bengals OL coach will be there.

I'm wondering if they send Casey and use him to scout OL along with Bowers.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 12:26 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'm wondering if they send Casey and use him to scout OL along with Bowers.

Maybe for OL but we're not taking Bowers even if he's there that's what Malik Wright said today.
Reply/Quote
How about Jackson Powers-Johnson for Center and then slide Karras to Guard?
Reply/Quote
Bowers and Mims are not participating holding separate workouts on April 10th.

Bengals have more than a couple coaches at the Georgia pro day though. OC, RB, DL, DB coaches in attendance.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:23 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: How about Jackson Powers-Johnson for Center and then slide Karras to Guard?

I didn't see anything about Oregon but I'm sure they had someone there. As for JPJ he would likely start at Guard while he learns the protection calls from Karras. 

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:36 AM)Synric Wrote: I didn't see anything about Oregon but I'm sure they had someone there. As for JPJ he would likely start at Guard while he learns the protection calls from Karras. 

I didn't realize he was considered a prospect that could slide over to guard. When I read about him, JPJ sounds more NFL ready than someone like Sims. If the Bengals draft someone at pick 18 for the OL, I want it being a guy who can immediately start and experience success.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are bringing in Iowa TE Erick All for a top 30 visit. He is from the Cincy area. Highly recruited extensive injury history and not much production.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 04:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Bengals are bringing in Iowa TE Erick All for a top 30 visit. He is from the Cincy area. Highly recruited extensive injury history and not much production.

Erick and Tory in the 6th sounds good. Taylor will be 26 at start of season, but P is a position age doesn't matter much. Maybe Isaac Guerendo will get attention in round 5
Reply/Quote
Bengals are brining in Clemson DE Xavier Thomas for a top 30 visit and they met with Georgia WR Rosemy- Jacksaint at his pro day.

Will Shipley's pro day numbers. 

Height: 5111
Weight:206
Forty: 4.39. (I guess that was the slow watch too.)
Vert: 38.5
Broad: 10'2
3cone: 6.81
Shutte: 4.11

Reply/Quote
Bengals RB Coach Justin Hill was at Clemson's pro day (Will Shipley testing above). Bengals WR Coach Troy Walters was at Arizona's pro day.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:34 AM)Synric Wrote: Bowers and Mims are not participating holding separate workouts on April 10th.

Bengals have more than a couple coaches at the Georgia pro day though. OC, RB, DL, DB coaches in attendance.

I'm not nearly as high on Mims as most. IMO too many Red Flags. Most have him just above Guyton, but I'd take Guyton. That guy is doing all the pre-draft stuff
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 12:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not nearly as high on Mims as most. IMO too many Red Flags. Most have him just above Guyton, but I'd take Guyton. That guy is doing all the pre-draft stuff

Same.  Similar upside, but way less of an injury risk.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 10:06 AM)Synric Wrote: Bengals WR Coach Troy Walters was at Arizona's pro day.

Walters put Arizona WR Jacob Cowing through WR drills. 

Edit: Bengals are at UCLA's pro day.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 12:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not nearly as high on Mims as most. IMO too many Red Flags. Most have him just above Guyton, but I'd take Guyton. That guy is doing all the pre-draft stuff

Difference between the two is even though Mims has played less his tape is better than Guyton's. Mims really is a natural tackle you can easily see him being the best in this draft class. The craziest thing about Amarius Mims is not that he has missed a bunch of time because of injury its that he had an ankle sprain in his only chance as a college starter lol. Dude had to wait behind really good tackles at Georgia.

Amarius Mims is going to come down to all the stuff we don't get to see like practice tape meetings etc.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 03:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Difference between the two is even though Mims has played less his tape is better than Guyton's. Mims really is a natural tackle you can easily see him being the best in this draft class. The craziest thing about Amarius Mims is not that he has missed a bunch of time because of injury its that he had an ankle sprain in his only chance as a college starter lol. Dude had to wait behind really good tackles at Georgia.

Amarius Mims is going to come down to all the stuff we don't get to see like practice tape meetings etc.

I wouldn't take either, Mims with a gun to my head.

Mims is just SO green at higher competition, he could either be the next Ogden or he could be Ogbuehi.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 02:57 PM)Synric Wrote: Walters put Arizona WR Jacob Cowing through WR drills. 

Edit: Bengals are at UCLA's pro day.

From what I read the Bengals were impressed with Cowing. He's small but definitely an exciting player. I mentioned him last year but he decided to stay in school,smart decision it seems.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:34 AM)Synric Wrote: Bowers and Mims are not participating holding separate workouts on April 10th.

Sending coaches to Pro Days and having them put players through drills is nice, but even better would be having a team of actual scouts that went and spent time anonymously at respective schools.  Actually watch practice (if allowable) talk to people on campus likely to know the player, stay and watch the game in person, observe his sideline demeanor after negative situations, etc.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 07:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sending coaches to Pro Days and having them put players through drills is nice, but even better would be having a team of actual scouts that went and spent time anonymously at respective schools.  Actually watch practice (if allowable) talk to people on campus likely to know the player, stay and watch the game in person, observe his sideline demeanor after negative situations, etc.

Size of the scouting department has never bothered me. It's about having good scouts which is what's in question now. Bengals miss some of their former coaches that did alot of scouting and were good like the Hayes brothers and Paul Alexander. 

Reply/Quote