Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade?
Apparently Gio didn’t dress for practice and trade rumors are swirling. Given that Houston cut Forman and had looked at Riddick could they be open? Our new line coach is obviously comfortable with his own player he coached in college and he is going to know the pass blocking schemes.

The question is Houston needs offensive line help like us so we won’t get help there. Not sure what kind of pick we would get, 3rd? 4th? Is that worth it? Are they trying to free up money for Mixon?

3 way deal in the works with Gruden in DC and Trent Williams?

Maybe nothing, just speculating. We’ll see.
Reply/Quote
Fan site trade rumors and legit trade rumors are different things. Trades in the NFL are so rare...

A 3 way trade to land Trent Williams? Highly unlikely.

Plus, Mixon gets banged up. Our offensive line looks to be below average to bad. Do you want 2 rookies playing behind it?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 11:13 PM)yang Wrote: Apparently Gio didn’t dress for practice and trade rumors are swirling.  Given that Houston cut Forman and had looked at Riddick could they be open?   Our new line coach is obviously comfortable with his own player he coached in college and he is going to know the pass blocking schemes.  

The question is Houston needs offensive line help like us so we won’t get help there.  Not sure what kind of pick we would get, 3rd?  4th?  Is that worth it?   Are they trying to free up money for Mixon?

Maybe nothing, just speculating.  We’ll see.

If it's not an OLinemen who is an upgrade to what we have, and that seems unlikely, like you said, hold onto Gio.  He could be a real nice weapon for us. 

If they take a draft choice which obviously won't help this year and give up a guy who could help win this year, I'm not sure I like the sound of that.  If Trayveon Williams comes in and kills it in the preseason running and catching the ball, that might be different.  But how likely is that? 

Has anyone heard of him looking good in camp?  I've really heard nothing either way.

Size-wise, he is practically a carbon copy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'd hate to see Gio go. He's one of the good guys.

Even so, I think the 2 new backs are going to make the team if they make it through camp healthy. Williams was extremely productive in the best conference in college football. Rodney Anderson, by all accounts is a pretty special player when healthy. Of course, both are unknown commodities until they see real action, but I certainly don't feel that the cupboard is bare with them here in Gio's absence.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 11:48 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd hate to see Gio go.  He's one of the good guys.  

Even so, I think the 2 new backs are going to make the team if they make it through camp healthy.  Williams was extremely productive in the best conference in college football.  Rodney Anderson, by all accounts is a pretty special player when healthy.  Of course, both are unknown commodities until they see real action, but I certainly don't feel that the cupboard is bare with them here in Gio's absence.

Sure wouldn't mind having a couple preseason games to get a look at what Williams can do.

Anderson can be red shirted on IR. And yes, is special. He's got the feet, the number one asset of a RB. And he's got hands like a WR and he's got the body control.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
With Anderson's injury history, I am not sure I would let Gio go. Anderson may start the season on PUP.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd be very ok with trading Gio, not because I don't like the guy, but trading him before he just leaves as an unneeded FA seems like an aggressive and forward-thinking sort of move a more successful franchise might make.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 12:33 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd be very ok with trading Gio, not because I don't like the guy, but trading him before he just leaves as an unneeded FA seems like an aggressive and forward-thinking sort of move a more successful franchise might make.

Agree 100%.

Gio is a nice player to have.  I'd really like to see what he could do under a new offensive gameplan.  Maybe Zac will use him and Mixon at the same time.  Who knows.  He's the type of player that always seems to be able to get the job done when he's healthy.

That said, this team has major holes right now.  It has, arguably, more than one on the offensive line.  With Green out, the WR depth is extremely shaky.  If we could flip Gio and get something useable at either spot, then I'd be for it.  I'd be willing to roll with Mixon and Trayveon in September if it meant getting a WR or good OL.  
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 11:34 PM)McC Wrote: If it's not an OLinemen who is an upgrade to what we have, and that seems unlikely, like you said, hold onto Gio.  He could be a real nice weapon for us. 

If they take a draft choice which obviously won't help this year and give up a guy who could help win this year, I'm not sure I like the sound of that.  If Trayveon Williams comes in and kills it in the preseason running and catching the ball, that might be different.  But how likely is that? 

Has anyone heard of him looking good in camp?  I've really heard nothing either way.

Size-wise, he is practically a carbon copy.

"However, the Bengals did draft two running backs in Trayveon Williams and Rodney Anderson. Anderson is still recovering from injury,  but reports are that Williams has looked impressive during training camp."

https://stripehype.com/2019/08/02/trade-rumors-beginning-to-surround-bengals-rb-gio-bernard/

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 01:58 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: "However, the Bengals did draft two running backs in Trayveon Williams and Rodney Anderson. Anderson is still recovering from injury,  but reports are that Williams has looked impressive during training camp."

https://stripehype.com/2019/08/02/trade-rumors-beginning-to-surround-bengals-rb-gio-bernard/

And there is last years interesting conversion player in Quinton Flowers who is now a HB. I'm eager to see if the new offensive minded coaching staff find a way to use a guy with the athletic ability of Flowers.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If we trade Gio, I'd actually like to bring in Foreman as a bruiser of the bench. I think Williams can fill Gio's role but I'd like to have another look with Foreman.
Reply/Quote
There is definitely something going on here.  Gio isn't listed as injured, but didn't practice on Family Day?  And, his agent is in Cincinnati?

My take:  I love Gio the person.  Great character guy, and I think he could flourish in this offense.  However, there are not going to be enough balls to go around and I am hearing glowing reports on Williams, especially in the things that give a coach pause about a RB (blitz pick up, etc).  I am unsure of Anderson's ability for week 1, but Flowers could be the #3 RB to start the season.

The trade would have to be for a third round pick at the minimum and, really, I wouldn't do it for less than a 2nd.  A player trade?  As Au said, I really doubt it would be for offensive line help, and it seems that the Bengals are grooming Pratt and Evans to take over for Brown on the nickel LB packages.  The depth beyond them is very thin, though, so maybe there is a lower-tier LB with some experience that could be added and make the draft pick a 3rd rounder.

The nice thing here is that it would seem the Bengals hold all the cards.  Someone really wants Gio, but they aren't going to give him away just to save money...it will have to be a really good deal for them to pull the trigger.  What's really strange is the not-practicing, agent in town, thing.  Maybe they already have a deal in principal and are pending a physical on both ends?

What if there is a deal in place with San Diego who can't seem to get Gio since they can't seem to sign Gordon?  
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 03:04 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And there is last years interesting conversion player in Quinton Flowers who is now a HB. I'm eager to see if the new offensive minded coaching staff find a way to use a guy with the athletic ability of Flowers.

BRING BACK THE WILDCAT!  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Realistically, what do you get for Gio? I don't think we're going to love the return.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 10:01 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Realistically, what do you get for Gio? I don't think we're going to love the return.

all depends on the demand.
Reply/Quote
I don't see Gio going anywhere. We're going run heavy this year and we'll roll with 4 RBs....
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 11:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't see Gio going anywhere. We're going run heavy this year and we'll roll with 4 RBs....

Maybe...but if Mixon doesn't get a boadload of touches we're going to start to whine.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 10:18 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: all depends on the demand.

He rushed for 211 yards last year @ 3.8 ypc.

Do you think we should ask for 3 1st Round picks or 4?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2019, 11:13 PM)yang Wrote: Apparently Gio didn’t dress for practice and trade rumors are swirling.  Given that Houston cut Forman and had looked at Riddick could they be open?   Our new line coach is obviously comfortable with his own player he coached in college and he is going to know the pass blocking schemes.  

The question is Houston needs offensive line help like us so we won’t get help there.  Not sure what kind of pick we would get, 3rd?  4th?  Is that worth it?   Are they trying to free up money for Mixon?

Maybe nothing, just speculating.  We’ll see.

Good News: Riddick is a Bronco now.

So both Houston and Atlanta have a need for a quality back.

Triple Trade?
Jets get Clowney (Texans)
Bengals get Darron Lee (Jets)
Texans get Gio (Bengals)

Jets might have to toss in a high pick for Clowney as well and Texans a midling pick for Gio.

Crazy haha but crazier things have happened in the NFL haven't they??

Then we use that extra pick and another one and trade for Trent??? nah.. lol too much for MB to handle.
Reply/Quote
Gio is on the rehab field today so he must have been injured at some point last week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote