Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Trade AJ Green for first rounder
(12-28-2016, 09:29 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Ok, let's have some fun with this....

Would you trade AJ Green and Marvin + the Pats & Bengals swap 1st round picks this year for....

- Bill Belichick  and Michael Floyd?

I would say YES as long as Billy Boy signed a 5 year extension.

You wouldn't even have to throw Floyd in for me to take that deal.

We've got one of the best rosters in the AFC. We're a competent coach away from one of the team's best seasons. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:23 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Many here may disagree. I think the Bengals are officially in rebuild mode. I would like to see a trade of AJ Green for a first round pick where the Bengals can pick up some new talent. I think AJ is on the downslide in his career. He peaked the last few seasons. I'm also concerned about his hamstring. Those types of injuries haunt receivers and often resurface.

We gotta retool a few thing but we aren't in rebuild mode..  still have Dalton and green and eifert on offense.

Still have a lot of talent on defense.

AJ isn't the type you trade away because he hurt his hammy.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:23 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Many here may disagree. I think the Bengals are officially in rebuild mode. I would like to see a trade of AJ Green for a first round pick where the Bengals can pick up some new talent. I think AJ is on the downslide in his career. He peaked the last few seasons. I'm also concerned about his hamstring. Those types of injuries haunt receivers and often resurface.

AJ was having his best year before the hamstring tear.

I completely disagree, want to trade an Og for an AJ Green?

This is how bad it could be.

The draft is a crap shoot, no matter the round.

(12-25-2016, 11:27 AM)McC Wrote: This would be incredibly stupid.  Imagine going up against him.  He's a great player with a great attitude. Guys like hi don't come around very often.

Do not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Damn rights brother.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:02 PM)Housh Wrote: You gotta be ***** kidding me

Many here will disagree because this is some stupid shit

LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I completely disagree, want to trade an Og for an AJ Green?

This is how bad it could be.

The draft is a crap shoot, no matter the round.

This.

Some first round WRs taken since we drafted Green

A J Jenkins
Justin Blackmon
Cordarrelle Patterson
Tavon Austin
Phillip Dorsett
Breshad Perriman
Nelson Agholar
DeVante Parker
Kevin White
Reply/Quote
Smile 
(12-29-2016, 01:15 PM)Benton Wrote: You wouldn't even have to throw Floyd in for me to take that deal.

We've got one of the best rosters in the AFC. We're a competent coach away from one of the team's best seasons. 

I threw Floyd in to balance the deal because since AJ is the WR equivalent to Belichick and I figured Floyd was similar to Marvin. Hilarious  
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 04:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This.

First round WRs taken since we drafted Green

A J Jenkins
Justin Blackmon
Cordarrelle Patterson
Tavon Austin
Phillip Dorsett
Breshad Perriman
Nelson Agholar
DeVante Parker
Kevin White

Fred....

Those aren't the only receivers drafted in the first round since AJ Green. Either you think people are too stupid to realize that, you're trolling (again), or you're stupid yourself. Which is it?
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:40 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Are you aware of the Bengals recent history with 1st Round picks?

You could give the Bengals 3 1st Round picks in this draft and they likely won't find a player as impactful as Green.

This.   And it really applies to most teams.  You rarely find a player of Green's quality.  The road to Shanghai is littered with the number of high first round picks who did not pan out at all.

When you find a player of Green's caliber you thank your stars and build a team around him.  And for the most part we have.  We've just had an apparent failure with two high round tackles who have not panned out... which hopefully and prayerfully will resolve next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 04:59 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Fred....

Those aren't the only receivers drafted in the first round since AJ Green. Either you think people are too stupid to realize that, you're trolling (again), or you're stupid yourself. Which is it?

I never said they were the only ones drafted.

And I don't think anyone here is dumb enough to think that.

So both of your options are wrong, but just to make it clear I will edit the post.
Reply/Quote
I'd trade AJ for 5 first rounders or the entire Dallas offensive line. AJ is going to be on the decline very soon, and I don't see the bengals winning a superbowl very soon. They can't even win a playoff game. Let the man succeed elsewhere, sorry. We had our chances, the stars didn't align for even a playoff win. He may get lucky and win a playoff game here, but not a superbowl. Not with marvin lewis and J. Hlil on this roster. It only takes 1 player (Hill) to **** up the whole team (e.g. M. Nugent). AJ is becoming the next Calvin Johnson.

We haven't won a single playoff game. This team can't get it done. Mr. Glass plays half a season.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Browns traded Julio Jones to the Falcons for draft picks. They've yet to recover.

Julio would have rotted on the Browns.

What's happening with AJ on the Bengals? Wild success. Then again Julio hasn't won a superbowl either. Winning a playoff game isn't good enough.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 06:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Julio would have rotted on the Browns.

What's happening with AJ on the Bengals? Wild success. Then again Julio hasn't won a superbowl either. Winning a playoff game isn't good enough.

Imagine, Julio Jones and pre-drug spiral Josh Gordon, on the same offense.  Scary...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Now we are getting more information about the hamstring injury of AJ Green. He is untradeable at this point. Nobody wants a potential career ending injury on a wide receiver. That was my point. Now we get nothing for him.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 09:01 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Now we are getting more information about the hamstring injury of AJ Green. He is untradeable at this point. Nobody wants a potential career ending injury on a wide receiver. That was my point. Now we get nothing for him.

Potential career ending injury?  Histrionic much?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 06:33 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Julio would have rotted on the Browns.

I don't think he would have. He and AJ were about as much of a can't miss prospect as there have been at the position lately. Sad thing is, I dont think a single player drafted with those traded picks is still on the Browns.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote