Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Hill please!!!!!
(11-24-2015, 08:58 PM)BengalRed Wrote: He's a cancer? Do you think he's going to infect the veterans on this team? Whit, Peko, Andy, Hall? This team is full of high character guys who aren't going to let a second year kid influence them. My guess is that he has already had a good butt whippin or two from some of these guys.

Did you see how hard is was for them to pull him away? Acted like somebody slapped his mom over not being able to dance. Hill needs to grow the **** up.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 09:01 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Did you see how hard is was for them to pull him away? Acted like somebody slapped his mom over not being able to dance. Hill needs to grow the **** up.

So he showed a little spunk. Sometimes that's not a bad thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 08:37 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Oh, Fred definitely goes both ways. I know from personal experience.

Both?

Hell, I am more like a 4-way.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 09:01 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Did you see how hard is was for them to pull him away? Acted like somebody slapped his mom over not being able to dance. Hill needs to grow the **** up.

Advice directly from the voice of mature behavior.

LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 09:06 PM)BengalRed Wrote: So he showed a little spunk. Sometimes that's not a bad thing.

It is when you're losing and you can potentially cause a flag all the meanwhile averaging measley yards per carry.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we can trade him for Carlos Hyde.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Hill is an excellent #2 RB, which is what he is at this point. Gio Bernard is our guy.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 09:32 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Hill is an excellent #2 RB, which is what he is at this point.  Gio Bernard is our guy.

Exactly. Freaken Gio is the bomb. Hill? #2 at best.

Reply/Quote
It seems I'm in the minority, but I love both our backs. That said, there are reasons Hill continues to get plenty of carries (more than Gio) despite Gio's success. Gio is clearly best suited in a time share. He was a disappointment as the clear cut starter last year. Any time he's split carries (with Hill or BJGE) he was far more effective. 

Also, the coaches (unlike the pro-Gio, anti-Hill crowd) realize that a RB who does what Hill did last year clearly has talent. Like it or not, Hill is going to have a significant role for the forseeable future. Even if it's only to keep Gio fresh while he endures through this slump.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:25 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It seems I'm in the minority, but I love both our backs. That said, there are reasons Hill continues to get plenty of carries (more than Gio) despite Gio's success. Gio is clearly best suited in a time share. He was a disappointment as the clear cut starter last year. Any time he's split carries (with Hill or BJGE) he was far more effective. 

Also, the coaches (unlike the pro-Gio, anti-Hill crowd) realize that a RB who does what Hill did last year clearly has talent. Like it or not, Hill is going to have a significant role for the forseeable future. Even if it's only to keep Gio fresh while he endures through this slump.

I love the one two punch of both our backs also. I just hope we can keep the two together for years to come. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:30 AM)GodFather Wrote: I love the one two punch of both our backs also. I just hope we can keep the two together for years to come. 

Agree. You have a big slasher with speed to break a long one, then you have Gio who is one of the biggest "x-factors" in the league. He could burn you for 80+ rushing or receiving in any given week.

I didn't give up on Gio last year and I'm not giving up on Hill now. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:45 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agree. You have a big slasher with speed to break a long one, then you have Gio who is one of the biggest "x-factors" in the league. He could burn you for 80+ rushing or receiving in any given week.

Hill altered people's expectations for him. After we saw what he could do over the last 9 games of last season many of us were convinced that we had the next Corey Dillon. Naturally we were predicting that he'd be one of the top backs in the league. Now we're watching Hill struggle to carry the ball four yards. I believe that he's going through the same sophomore slump that Gio went through last year, but at least Hill is competent goal line back for us. I'm just hoping that we fix whatever his issues are this year and that we see the old Hill next year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:25 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It seems I'm in the minority, but I love both our backs. That said, there are reasons Hill continues to get plenty of carries (more than Gio) despite Gio's success. Gio is clearly best suited in a time share. He was a disappointment as the clear cut starter last year. Any time he's split carries (with Hill or BJGE) he was far more effective. 

(11-25-2015, 01:30 AM)GodFather Wrote: I love the one two punch of both our backs also. I just hope we can keep the two together for years to come. 

(11-25-2015, 01:45 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agree. You have a big slasher with speed to break a long one, then you have Gio who is one of the biggest "x-factors" in the league. He could burn you for 80+ rushing or receiving in any given week.

I am with you guys, love the one two punch and completely agree.

Gio got injured and was not the same guy last year. I think this was more than anything but the
sophomore slump seems to be happening with Hill. Like i have been saying, watch out when both
of these backs are playing to their potential.
Reply/Quote
I blame Hill's mediocre season on me.  Used him for my Avatar and now I've jinxed him.  Of course I kept him in my Fantasy league too.

Don't trade him, just blame me for jinxing him.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 12:30 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There are no facepalm meme's that would do this thread justice.

[Image: 2471.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote