Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Your First Rounder For Foles?
(02-05-2018, 01:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d give up a 1st + for Wentz. Sure, having a great coach/system helps a ton, but that dude is special. He’ll probably be taking over as one of the elite QBs in a couple years when the Ben’s, Brady’s, Brees’ retire.

I said the Browns should call and offer the 1,4,33,35 for Wentz. They wouldn't do it, but it would be worth asking if you are the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:05 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: No I wouldn't do it.  Foles had the benefit of a good OL, great play calling, and an established running game.  He'd have none of that here.

Agree that these things need fixed before anything else. 

It is how Eagles did it. 

and as Shake would hate to say

Philly Philly ! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Behind this o-line unless it changes and an iffy o-coordinator until proven otherwise, no.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Foles isn't going anywhere next year. Wentz injured his ACL in December... the chances he is back and ready to go at the start of the season are slim and none....
Reply/Quote
If I were the Bengals? No.

If I were the Browns, I would offer pick #33 for Foles. He's worth a few wins a year to them as is. Add in new skill position draft picks at #1 & #4 plus free agency and the Browns would be looking very strong for a long time. I think Foles would be cheaper than Cousins and a better over all player.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:14 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Behind this o-line unless it changes and an iffy o-coordinator until proven otherwise, no.

Right,

Unless or until Mike and Marvin change the way they run the team you could bring in Joe Montana in his prime and little will change.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right,

Unless or until Mike and Marvin change the way they run the team you could bring in Joe Montana in his prime and little will change.

Exactly 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The real question is what do they want for Pederson? Not taking anything away from Foles, who played great (although Brady was even better), but Pederson was honestly the MVP of that game. He out coached Darth Hoodie!

Speaking of the "hoodie". When that thing was cutoff it kind of had a Rocky vibe but that one he was wearing looked like it was manufactured like that and was cheesy as hell!!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The real question is what do they want for Pederson? Not taking anything away from Foles, who played great (although Brady was even better), but Pederson was honestly the MVP of that game. He out coached Darth Hoodie!

THIS is the trade I would want.  I'd give them the NO Saints offer for a coach like that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I understand alot of responses on here that it doesn't matter with Foles because no matter who we bring in we still have the Marvin and Mike show. And I AGREE 100% with you. It will continue to be a shit show with them and nothing will change that.... BUT you are the GM and have to do something. Thats YOUR job. So ya cant use that for an excuse. Your doing your part to get this team somewhere and you have a say with the drafting/FA. So do you keep a QB like Dalton knowing what your getting?

No way Dalton leads a SB victory the way Foles did. He just isn't that good..no matter how good the OL is.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:24 PM)Au165 Wrote: Jesus, no. This reminds me of the Matt Cassel or Matt Flynn where a good system makes a QB look better than he is. We all assumed Carson Wentz was really good, but then Foles comes in and does it to which now has me thinking they both may be decent but Pederson may actually be the magic making that thing go. I think the Bills end up doing it because they are ready to win now, but I wouldn't want to do it here.

The gist I got from conversation from announcers and post game reporters is that they went to the run pass option well a lot more with Foles than Wentz.  Foles looked like shit the last two games of the regular season until they made the change during the bye going into the playoffs from what I heard.  I think Wentz is more suited to the pro style offense than Foles.....who also played well in the spread under Chip Kelly.

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 02:39 PM)GodFather Wrote: I understand alot of responses on here that it doesn't matter with Foles because no matter who we bring in we still have the Marvin and Mike show. And I AGREE 100% with you. It will continue to be a shit show with them and nothing will change that.... BUT you are the GM and have to do something. Thats YOUR job. So ya cant use that for an excuse. Your doing your part to get this team somewhere and you have a say with the drafting/FA. So do you keep a QB like Dalton knowing what your getting?

No way Dalton leads a SB victory the way Foles did. He just isn't that good..no matter how good the OL is.

In that hypothetical situation, I'd ask for Wentz.  Foles is not worth a 1st at all.

It's 1991, do you trade a 1st and a 4th for Jeff Hostetler?

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:19 PM)GodFather Wrote: If you were the GM in Cincy, would you trade your first rounder for Foles? He only has 7 million on his contract for this upcoming year and you can get draft picks in a trade with Dalton and the jury is still out on what value you get out of AJ.

Would you do it? Would you go after Foles?

For a first rounder?  Hell no.  Andy Dalton if given a decent line and running attack would have carved of that embarrassment of a defense to shreds too.  That was bad defense on both parts, historically bad. He did do what the coaches planned and played good, but that coaching was on point. That is what has separated us from the promise land.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 02:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: In that hypothetical situation, I'd ask for Wentz.  Foles is not worth a 1st at all.

It's 1991, do you trade a 1st and a 4th for Jeff Hostetler?

no way Boomer was our QB.
Reply/Quote
Folks can sell short Foles' performance all they want but the dude was dropping dimes. I don't think he had an open WR all night.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 02:47 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: For a first rounder?  Hell no.  Andy Dalton if given a decent line and running attack would have carved of that embarrassment of a defense to shreds too.  That was bad defense on both parts, historically bad. He did do what the coaches planned and played good, but that coaching was on point. That is what has separated us from the promise land.

Yeah no, Im gonna call bullshit on that.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 03:07 PM)GodFather Wrote: Yeah no, Im gonna call bullshit on that.

Ok , call it. Andy Dalton is notorious for being good against bad defenses. So you dont think the 2015 Dalton could have thrown for 300 against this team? So what you are saying is that Foles is Better than Andy Dalton?
Reply/Quote
Nick had a magical run. He has also had fits and spurts of being good in the past.

BUT

He also has a coach that plays to his strengths

AND

He has a offensive line to protect him.

As we know the Bengals have neither of those things.

That said, after considering the Bengals recent #1 choices I wouldn't have a problem kicking the can.

But they won't do that.

Reply/Quote
This whole conversation (not just on the board, but on reddit and on Twitter) just blows my mind. Foles had a great postseason. Can't take it away from him. Dalton is 0-4. That will always be there until it isn't. But over the balance over their careers, it's not even a debate.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Dalton should be running a hurry up offense. Every time they go fast he succeeds. Been saying this for 3 years now.

Screw the huddle. Bring what Sam created back home.

Reply/Quote