Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trade Your First Rounder For Foles?
(02-05-2018, 03:55 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Ok , call it. Andy Dalton is notorious for being good against bad defenses. So you dont think the 2015 Dalton could have thrown for 300 against this team? So what you are saying is that Foles is Better than Andy Dalton?

Philly doesn't have a bad defense, I dont know where your getting that from. And also remind me how well has Andy done in ALL of his post season games?

Your fighting a losing battle...numbers dont back up your heart...or sense for that matter.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 04:05 PM)jowczarski Wrote: This whole conversation (not just on the board, but on reddit and on Twitter) just blows my mind. Foles had a great postseason. Can't take it away from him. Dalton is 0-4. That will always be there until it isn't. But over the balance over their careers, it's not even a debate.

your right Foles wins hands down, Foles career qbr 87.4 jumping from team to team and system to system. Dalton 88.7 qbr same team systems and having his whole career to throw to Green.

The playoffs are no contest.
Reply/Quote
No, I would stick with Dalton.
Dalton/Foles, doesn't matter which one, neither can play Left Tackle, we need that pick to find one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 04:05 PM)jowczarski Wrote: This whole conversation (not just on the board, but on reddit and on Twitter) just blows my mind. Foles had a great postseason. Can't take it away from him. Dalton is 0-4. That will always be there until it isn't. But over the balance over their careers, it's not even a debate.

You're clearly new to the Bengals' fan base. EVERYTHING is a debate. There were people who were as anti-Palmer as those who are anti-Dalton is now. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:19 PM)GodFather Wrote: If you were the GM in Cincy, would you trade your first rounder for Foles? He only has 7 million on his contract for this upcoming year and you can get draft picks in a trade with Dalton and the jury is still out on what value you get out of AJ.

Would you do it? Would you go after Foles?

Foles looked better than Andy for sure, but we need way to much to be trading draft picks away and the difference between foles and Dalton are not big enough to warrant it either.

The eagles offense is pretty stacked and obviously coached very well.. put Andy in that system and you would get a similar result too...
Reply/Quote

Now there's rep.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 05:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No, I would stick with Dalton.
Dalton/Foles, doesn't matter which one, neither can play Left Tackle, we need that pick to find one.

At this point pretty much. Until the o-line is actually good, which who knows could be years from now, it really doesnt matter who our qb is. Then to only have 1 receiver doesnt help either as I would rather have Torrey Smith over LaFell anyday. Maybe Ross will be good, who knows.

Otherwise if all things on the Bengals O were pretty equal to the Eagles, I would roll with Foles myself since he has actually shown he can win in the playoffs and super bowl while playing at a high level. Not a knock on Andy tho, it is what it is right now.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:35 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I wouldn't. Foles played great, but Philly also can run the ball.  We get a rushing attack going, our Offense should go nuts.

Not to take anything away from Foles, or any of the Eagles' skill position players, but their OL played their asses off.  The perfect combination of scheme and execution had running lanes open, long after most teams make adjustments and shut that shit down.

Their coaching staff really had that team ready for whatever the Patriots were going to throw at them.

Edit: As to the question that the OP presented? No, I don't trade my 1st round pick for Foles. I fix what's wrong with the OL, and allow Andy to look like the next "miracle" superstar.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
No I would not replacing our good to very good QB for another one is not a good move. How about we actually impove the players around him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yes absolutely. We have all the pieces to be a great offense minus a few offensive lineman which we could go for aggressively in free agency.

However, this will never happen because it would require Mike Brown to do stuff he doesn’t ever do. People can say it’s a system that Foles was in but that kid was on fire on the biggest of all stages. Imagine have Foles and doing a run pass option offense here.

With a quick rejuvenation of our defense I’d actually be hopeful for the future. I already know with Andy what we have and I’m ready to move on.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: A good bengals GM tries to get us back to 2015 form with Dalton and crew... not start by replacing the leader of the team

This?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 07:00 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Yes absolutely.  We have all the pieces to be a great offense minus a few offensive lineman  which we could go for aggressively in free agency.

However, this will never happen because it would require Mike Brown to do stuff he doesn’t ever do.  People can say it’s a system that Foles was in but that kid was on fire on the biggest of all stages.  Imagine have Foles and doing a run pass option offense here.  

With a quick rejuvenation of our defense I’d actually be hopeful for the future.  I already know with Andy what we have and I’m ready to move on.

Yeah, what we have with Andy is a crappy O-line and 1 WR the last 2 season. Before that he was doing pretty good. You do know that the last 2 games we actually ran some RPOs and had success with it. 
Reply/Quote
Note the Eagles actually CHANGED THEIR OFFENSE to fit Foles skillset. They also already had an effective Offensive Line. Look what happened when Lazor finally won the internal fight and was allowed to overrule Piano Man over OL blocking schemes. PPG shot up to 28.5, rush YPG shot up to 144, everything looked better.

Are we set? No! We need a new LT and a new C more than we need a new QB or new WR or new TE. This has historically under Mikey been the issue with the franchise - they don't understand you build champions from the lines out and build the lines from the inside out.
Reply/Quote
No........................
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 01:45 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Speaking of the "hoodie". When that thing was cutoff it kind of had a Rocky vibe but that one he was wearing looked like it was manufactured like that and was cheesy as hell!!

Come on man you know the Hoodie with his cut off sleeves is GQ. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If we don't fix our offensive line, anyone playing quarterback for us, should get a new pair of track shoes for every game.
Reply/Quote
(02-05-2018, 12:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: how about asking his teammates instead of pulling fiction out your ass?

Yep, such a great leader he's lead us to zero playoffs wins  .  He's the QB , most important position in sports  .  Meanwhile Foles lead his team to the Superbowl  . 
Reply/Quote
Foles is not available, period. But, if we are destined to have this debate, the debate should not be is Foles better than Dalton (he's not), the debate should be can Foles survive behind our oline like Dalton does without being put on IR.....
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 09:37 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Foles is not available, period. But, if we are destined to have this debate, the debate should not be is Foles better than Dalton (he's not), the debate should be can Foles survive behind our oline like Dalton does without being put on IR.....

Considering the Eagles only gave up 4 less sacks than the Bengals this season I think he’d be fine...

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 10:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Considering the Eagles only gave up 4 less sacks than the Bengals this season I think he’d be fine...

.....but he only played 5 games behind it, and they switched up schemes going into the playoffs, something it took our staff 12 weeks to friggin figure out. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote