Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trade candidates thread!
Here's a couple that I would keep an eye on. Feel free to add player's but please be semi realistic!

Milton Williams 3T Eagles- the Bengals reportedly loved him coming out of college in the 21 NFL draft season.

Cordell Paterson RB/WR/KR Atlanta Falcons- they have a stacked RB room. He could be a nice backup for us!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Seems like we should be scouting teams with logjams at TE. Give up a 7th before someone has to be cut. Granson from the Colts could be an option, hope his blocking has improved.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/TE
Reply/Quote
(07-13-2023, 11:51 PM)phil413 Wrote: Seems like we should be scouting teams with logjams at TE. Give up a 7th before someone has to be cut.  Granson from the Colts could be an option, hope his blocking has improved.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/TE

Transparently, I said, "WHO?!" after reading this.

But before responding, I did a bit of research.

What I liked:
- Seems like a decent receiver in spot opportunties
- Reports that he's a willing blocker even if not the best at it
- Did put up 31 rec for 302 yards in 13 games (4 starts) for Colts last year

What I didn't like:
- Quite small for a TE, built more like a FB (6'1.5", 242 lb)
- While his height and weight are about the same as Delanie Walker, he has shorter arms
- Not overly shifty on film/videos I just watched

While I'd be cool with him competing for TE3 duties with Asiasi, does he give enough optimism to think he could be an average-or-better guy if needing to fill in for Irv Smith? Is he good enough to get TE2 duties from Sample? Sample's already shown in the past he can be a 300-400 yard guy if needing to fill in.

I honestly wouldn't be too excited to see him added, as I would want someone who could be a good TE2 that could fill in adequately if Irv Smith underperforms and/or gets hurt.

I'd rather try to get OJ Howard from the Raiders, who is 3rd on the depth chart now that they drafted Mayer.
He's more of a prototypical athletic freak, has ideal size, has the requisite experience as both a blocker and receiver, and much more proven production in the NFL while still being under 30 years old. On top of that, Howard's contract is extremely friendly low.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nice thread. I like the Milton Williams, Cordarrell Patterson, OJ Howard thoughts as far as guys we could trade for.

I am with Ocho, no thanks on Granson. Would rather have a TE that is built like a TE than a FB.
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 02:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Transparently, I said, "WHO?!" after reading this.

What I liked:

What I didn't like:
- While his height and weight are about the same as Delanie Walker, he has shorter arms

While I'd be cool with him competing for TE3 duties with Asiasi, does he give enough optimism to think he could be an average-or-better guy if needing to fill in for Irv Smith? Is he good enough to get TE2 duties from Sample? Sample's already shown in the past he can be a 300-400 yard guy if needing to fill in.

I honestly wouldn't be too excited to see him added, as I would want someone who could be a good TE2 that could fill in adequately if Irv Smith underperforms and/or gets hurt.

I'd rather try to get OJ Howard from the Raiders, who is 3rd on the depth chart now that they drafted Mayer.
He's more of a prototypical athletic freak, has ideal size, has the requisite experience as both a blocker and receiver, and much more proven production in the NFL while still being under 30 years old. On top of that, Howard's contract is extremely friendly low.

He's the best #4 around the league (with Mallory likely being #3) that had production and gets open despite the size.  There are better TEs, but I don't see many that may cap casualties either.  With as deep as the class was, there will be some bets on the market though.  
Reply/Quote
Bumb
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 02:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Transparently, I said, "WHO?!" after reading this.

What I liked:

What I didn't like:

OJ Howard is a free agent having already been released by the Raiders.  We have plenty of blocking TEs what we need is a back up receiving TE.  Howard does not fit that bill

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-colts-set-tuesday-deadline-for-jonathan-taylor-trade

If only we had more money to spend lol
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 07:02 PM)pally Wrote: OJ Howard is a free agent having already been released by the Raiders.  We have plenty of blocking TEs what we need is a back up receiving TE.  Howard does not fit that bill

Why does Howard not fit the bill as a receiving TE?
He was definitely a receiving TE when he was at TB.

Who is someone that you confidently would say offers more receiving ability than Howard as a realistic backup?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2023, 07:02 PM)pally Wrote: OJ Howard is a free agent having already been released by the Raiders.  We have plenty of blocking TEs what we need is a back up receiving TE.  Howard does not fit that bill

Why would the Bengals want a TE that was not a good blocker?  I, for one, feel like TEs should be complete players, equally capable of blocking as well as receiving.  Having players that only excel at one aspect or the other is kind of a tip off to the opposing defense as to what to expect or not expect when that player is in the game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals have some guys we could offer to help our weaknesses. I think back when we traded Price for Hill.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 10:50 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the Bengals have some guys we could offer to help our weaknesses. I think back when we traded Price for Hill.

we have made some good player for player trades in the past...   

and we have some deep positions
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2023, 10:50 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think the Bengals have some guys we could offer to help our weaknesses. I think back when we traded Price for Hill.

Would be nice to have another trade like that or when we got Reggie Nelson from the Jags.

We have had some good trades in the past that is for sure and Price for BJ Hill was a great trade for us.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2023, 04:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be nice to have another trade like that or when we got Reggie Nelson from the Jags.

We have had some good trades in the past that is for sure and Price for BJ Hill was a great trade for us.

That's an understatement!
J24

Reply/Quote
I’m ngl i was in love with OJ Howard in the draft and never lost that love even after he fizzled out on multiple teams. He would be great insurance for Irv but Hudson is that guy already so i don’t see why we’d look at OJ. Hudson is a DAWG
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2023, 08:31 AM)Housh Wrote: I’m ngl i was in love with OJ Howard in the draft and never lost that love even after he fizzled out on multiple teams. He would be great insurance for Irv but Hudson is that guy already so i don’t see why we’d look at OJ. Hudson is a DAWG

Why?
Because Howard can block and has the more preferred size.
And as much as I liked what I saw from Hudson in the preseason as a receiver, Howard has the better resume to indicate he'd be a safer player.

It's definitely possible he isn't signed because either A) he wants too much $$, or B) he doesn't wanna be on a PS, but if neither of those is true, I'd definitely want him over Gentry.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
TEs
Hunter Henry
Zack Ertz
Mike Gesicki

DTs
Denico Autry
Andrew Billings
J24

Reply/Quote
Chase Claypool is a knucklehead but how low are they selling him for?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 01:18 AM)phil413 Wrote: Chase Claypool is a knucklehead but how low are they selling him for?

I imagine a swap of a 6th RD pick for a 7th + Claypool would work.
J24

Reply/Quote
Sounds like Denver may be heading to Garage sale mode, how about either Evans or Treveon and 6/7 rounder to get Samaje back? Sure would help with our 3rd down production/protection.
Reply/Quote