Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade deadline tomorrow
I know when it comes to trading the bengals are always very active in making moves to improve the team they have shown that every year when we have a glaring weakness and need help. Aside from that, is there any chance in hell we make a trade for an OT? Furthermore, isn't mccarron an UFA after this yr or could he walk and sign with any team of his choosing? I know they will let hill walk as the best we would get is a 6th or 7th round pick. I guess I don't understand why you keep him in a year where we are 1-2 losses away from being out of the playoffs again. On the other hand, with the addition of an OT we could still have an outside shot of making the playoffs assuming ross contributes and Malone builds on yesterday's performance. It would also give dalton more time to actually complete a pass. I know it's highly unlikely we do anything but someone would give us a player that could help now rather than another draft pick. I just don't get resigning a guy that's never going to get a shot here. I know with driskel hurt it makes it tough to part ways with him, but the cowboys went out and signed our former excellent choke artist mike nugent. Surely, we could find someone out of football that could replace dalton if he were to be hurt as our season would be over anyway in the event that happened
Reply/Quote
It hasn't been determined if McCarron will be a free agent or not. There will be a ruling after the season.

But...they won't trade him because they get a Comp pick if he leaves as a free agent. And if they traded him, they'd likely have to spend $2-3 million on a backup QB.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 03:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It hasn't been determined if McCarron will be a free agent or not. There will be a ruling after the season.

But...they won't trade him because they get a Comp pick if he leaves as a free agent. And if they traded him, they'd likely have to spend $2-3 million on a backup QB.

I maybe wrong, but even if AJ wins and gets the rookie year counted, he will be an UFA and not a free agent meaning the team could put a second round tender and match for example if the team chooses to do so versus being unrestricted.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Buffalo is dangling Cordy Glenn. Glenn is under control through 2020 and is in the prime of his career. I'd be willing to part with a 2nd or 3rd rounder to get him. Or package some young player with a mid-round pick. Heck, I'd potentially even consider Core with the 2nd rounder if that's what it took.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 03:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I maybe wrong, but even if AJ wins and gets the rookie year counted, he will be an UFA and not a free agent meaning the team could put a second round tender and match for example if the team chooses to do so versus being unrestricted.

RFA, is what you mean...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 03:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I maybe wrong, but even if AJ wins and gets the rookie year counted, he will be an UFA and not a free agent meaning the team could put a second round tender and match for example if the team chooses to do so versus being unrestricted.

If his rookie year of 2014 is counted, then he'll be unrestricted. You can only be a RFA after year 3.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 03:50 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Buffalo is dangling Cordy Glenn. Glenn is under control through 2020 and is in the prime of his career. I'd be willing to part with a 2nd or 3rd rounder to get him. Or package some young player with a mid-round pick. Heck, I'd potentially even consider Core with the 2nd rounder if that's what it took.

It probably wouldn't even take much to get him. It's a salary dump. They want his contract off the books. 

It'd be a great get for us. The contract has an easy out after 2018, in case we have any regrets. He has base salaries of $9 million this year (we're $12.5 million under cap right now) and 9.25 million next year. After that, his base salary drops to $7 million, which could be a bargain. 

Makes too much sense to happen, when we have an extreme need and we're still in the playoff hunt (for now).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Marvin on the possibility of trading for a lineman:

Reply/Quote
Trade deadline moves are for GMs who don't own the team.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 05:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It probably wouldn't even take much to get him. It's a salary dump. They want his contract off the books. 

It'd be a great get for us. The contract has an easy out after 2018, in case we have any regrets. He has base salaries of $9 million this year (we're $12.5 million under cap right now) and 9.25 million next year. After that, his base salary drops to $7 million, which could be a bargain. 

Makes too much sense to happen, when we have an extreme need and we're still in the playoff hunt (for now).

If this team wanted to make a splash, and a serious run at success, they would already have been on the phone to both Buffalo and San Francisco, getting deals done for Glenn and Staley.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wow. That quote from Marvin isn't what I expected. He actually sounded open to the idea if one were available.

I expected him to act repulsed by the idea and to fully support the 53 guys they have. He didn't.

Still don't see it happening though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 06:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If this team wanted to make a splash, and a serious run at success, they would already have been on the phone to both Buffalo and San Francisco, getting deals done for Glenn and Staley.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 06:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Marvin on the possibility of trading for a lineman:

Unbelievable!.....Actually, for this organization...about right.
Reply/Quote
We won't do anything but slowly slide into purgatory.

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 06:26 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Unbelievable!.....Actually, for this organization...about right.

Puts me in mind of a parent, attempting to discourage a teenager from learning to drive.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 06:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Puts me in mind of a parent, attempting to discourage a teenager from learning to drive.

Yep. He basically just said his putrid offensive line is "not his worries." and he doesn't know what they could do to make it better....prefaced by saying they are too lazy to do what is needed to potentially go for a trade. Hey Marvin..Google the names Cordy Glenn, Duane Brown, Joe Staley. There ya go. How are we smarter than the whole Bengals Organization?!
Reply/Quote
Can we trade Marvin away ? maybe get a 7th ? , if not I'm willing to give him away for free.
Reply/Quote
Look Marv/Duke/Mike/Katie.

You're about dead last in the NFL rushing...  and that's after picking a high round RB.

Your QB doesn't have time to make enough plays to contend.

I'd be walking the streets looking for some kind of upgrade to Bodine for crap's sake.

He flat out sucks and that is not being harsh.

We know you're probably not get anyone's starting O-linemen...  but damn it, there have got to be some backup players out there that would be an upgrade to ours.

I really have a hard time watching(or caring about)this team who is run by people that don't improve the very thing that has been below average for some time.

They just let it get worse instead.

The motto for the season should have been "It Is What It Is".  Classic yet fresh.  50 years in the making!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
TRADE JUST IN : Mike Brown liked what he saw in Wes Ferrell movie Semi-Pro and made the same deal. Mike Brown just traded a player for a washer. The player has a lot of upsides and will be missed, but Mike Brown says now he doesn't have to go out and buy the equipment guy a new washer and says the washer is like money in the bank.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2017, 06:06 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Marvin on the possibility of trading for a lineman:

This man is an idiot
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote