Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade the # 1 pick with Miami?
(12-09-2019, 03:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Maybe they'd be interested in Andy Dalton...?

As I said I think they go Teddy B because of his age and him being a local kid. That said if they traded for a Dalton or a Newton I wouldn't be surprised. I think there are going to be a lot of QB options this off season and so there will be some deals for buyers.
Reply/Quote
Sure.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 02:55 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: If Miami came calling and offered their top 5 pick and both picks in the twenties I would do it.

Would you?

I bet some wouldn’t

What would it take for you to trade the # 1 pick?

Nah, we pretty much got the first pick wrapped up, use it on Burrow.

This guy has what it takes to maybe take us to the next level. Great pocket awareness, smart, accurate, big arm etc.

You just don't pass on this type of player when we desperately need a QB that plays well in big games.

Take care of the O-line in FA and LB, draft Burrow and then go BPA.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nah, we pretty much got the first pick wrapped up, use it on Burrow.

This guy has what it takes to maybe take us to the next level. Great pocket awareness, smart, accurate, big arm etc.

You just don't pass on this type of player when we desperately need a QB that plays well in big games.

Take care of the O-line in FA and LB, draft Burrow and then go BPA.

He doesn't have a big arm though (although not bad).
Not sure Burrow is the guy everyone wants him to be or were just falling for him because we're so desperate for a QB.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2019, 07:12 PM)J24 Wrote: He doesn't have a big arm though (although not bad).
Not sure Burrow is the guy everyone wants him to be or were just falling for him because we're so desperate for a QB.

It’s hardly only Bengals fans hyping this kid up. I’d say he’s the most touted QB prospect since Luck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 11:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s hardly only Bengals fans hyping this kid up. I’d say he’s the most touted QB prospect since Luck.

That's complete BS. Lawrence gets way more love than Burrow ever has and most NFL draft people would rather take a healthy Tua over Burrow.  Burrow is a good prospect definitely worth a top pick but he isn't the prospect Pick was. 
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 01:00 PM)J24 Wrote: That's complete BS. Lawrence gets way more love than Burrow ever has and most NFL draft people would rather take a healthy Tua over Burrow.  Burrow is a good prospect definitely worth a top pick but he isn't the prospect Pick was. 

Other than national championships name one thing Tua or Lawrence have accomplished over Burrow?

And he’ll probably have the title to add to his resume soon enough...

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 01:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Other than national championships name one thing Tua or Lawrence have accomplished over Burrow?

And he’ll probably have the title to add to his resume soon enough...

Talent- both Tua and Lawrence have been blue chip prospects before the ever arrived on campus.

Consistency- both Lawrence and Tua were good last season. Burrow wasn't and is having a breakout season that some people are attributing to his offensive coordinator more so than him.

3.) I like Burrow would take him 1 overall but he doesn't look like an all time prospect to me maybe that will change maybe it won't. If some team is willing to give me a Hershel Walker deal I would have to consider it.

Also I wouldn't be too confident in him winning the championship it very rarely works out that way for Heisman winners.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 02:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Talent- both Tua and Lawrence have been blue chip prospects before the ever arrived on campus.

Consistency- both Lawrence and Tua were good last season. Burrow wasn't and is having a breakout season that some people are attributing to his offensive coordinator more so than him.

3.) I like Burrow would take him 1 overall but he doesn't look like an all time prospect to me maybe that will change maybe it won't. If some team is willing to give me a Hershel Walker deal I would have to consider it.

Also I wouldn't be too confident in him winning the championship it very rarely works out that way for Heisman winners.

Who said anything about all time? I said he’s the most exciting QB prospect since Luck. Go look at the link Synric posted in the Burrow thread. He’s the best QB in the PFF era.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 02:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who said anything about all time? I said he’s the most exciting QB prospect since Luck. Go look at the link Synric posted in the Burrow thread. He’s the best QB in the PFF era.

Yes I've read it he is an impressive prospect and it doesn't dispute anything I said.
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 02:17 PM)J24 Wrote: Talent- both Tua and Lawrence have been blue chip prospects before the ever arrived on campus.

Clemson and Alabama have proven offensive schemes with NFL caliber players too...I would say players and scheme are more in favorable to Trevor Lawrence and Tua Tagovailoa than Joe Burrow.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2019, 02:55 PM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: If Miami came calling and offered their top 5 pick and both picks in the twenties I would do it.

Would you?

I bet some wouldn’t

What would it take for you to trade the # 1 pick?

If I knew I could get Andrew Thomas with that top 5 pick then yea I’d do it. Then go linebacker isaiah Simmons and Tua in the first or Jordan love but then the rest of the draft is wide open maybe go best guard available or corner in two Man U could do a lot of damage.
Reply/Quote
I can’t believe people actually want to risk taking Tua...

All we hear about is how all we ever do is draft injured players with our top picks.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 05:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can’t believe people actually want to risk taking Tua...

All we hear about is how all we ever do is draft injured players with our top picks.

I’d take a chance on tua late in the first I’d rather have Jordan love tho.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 04:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Clemson and Alabama have proven offensive schemes with NFL caliber players too...I would say players and scheme are more in favorable to Trevor Lawrence and Tua Tagovailoa than Joe Burrow.

How does that change that they have been more consistent than Burrow? Also Burrow has a great supporting cast and really has benefited from a coaching change at offensive coordinator? The difference between the talent of LSU vs Oklahoma, Clemson,  Ohio St,  Alabama isn't that big either.
Anyways Burrow had an all time great season but that won't be the only thing he will be judged on.
J24

Reply/Quote

I'm going to call BS on that.  Burrow was plenty good last year, he showed plenty of greatness, on a team that was taking it's first steps from a smash mouth I-formation offense, into what has developed into something rather prolific this season.

It took Jalen Hurts getting injured, in order for Tua to get his shot.  This year, Tua met the same fate.

Lawrence had that storybook Freshman season, but plenty were questioning weather all of the hype was merited or not, at multiple points this season.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 05:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I can’t believe people actually want to risk taking Tua...

If he is healthy and a generational player then why not? 
J24

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2019, 06:00 PM)J24 Wrote: If he is healthy and a generational player then why not? 

Because he’s had hip surgery (which is some scary shit for anyone let alone a football player) before he ever even got to the NFL. Just not worth the risk, imo. Especially with our history of drafting injury cases.

Reply/Quote
But first, who has absolute command of Cincinnati's picks in the draft?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I hope people know even before Tua Tagovailoa's injury he was having a very pedestrian season in 2019.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote