Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trades you would make?
I would fire Austin now and replace him with Haslett for the rest of the season. I know, i know.. but it doesn't get worse than terrible and we are terrible. Plus we don't have many options at this point.

I would release Burfict for conduct detrimental to the team (it's likely his headlines are a distraction/cancer), and for the fact he isn't the same guy anymore.  He will be banned soon anyway - and i would apply his money elsewhere next season.  This does not reflect my personal opinion of Burfict which will always be "Played in the wrong era, hard nosed, and sometimes dirty."

DreK is also gone next season if he doesn't take a serious pay cut with his money applied elsewhere.

Shawn Williams - gone

Draft LB, OL in every round if you have to since we don't do big time free agency. Even though i just freed up a big chunk of change for Mikey. Whatever

Dreaming now:
Mike Brown.. ahem "quits" (i'm trying to be nice here)
Marvin Lewis - gone

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:04 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I would fire Austin now and replace him with Haslett for the rest of the season. I know, i know.. but it doesn't get worse than terrible and we are terrible. Plus we don't have many options at this point.

I would release Burfict for conduct detrimental to the team (it's likely his headlines are a distraction/cancer), and for the fact he isn't the same guy anymore.  He will be banned soon anyway - and i would apply his money elsewhere next season.  This does not reflect my personal opinion of Burfict which will always be "Played in the wrong era, hard nosed, and sometimes dirty."

DreK is also gone next season if he doesn't take a serious pay cut with his money applied elsewhere.

Shawn Williams - gone

Draft LB, OL in every round if you have to since we don't do big time free agency. Even though i just freed up a big chunk of change for Mikey. Whatever

Dreaming now:
Mike Brown.. ahem "quits" (i'm trying to be nice here)
Marvin Lewis - gone

That's nice and all but what trade would you make? You know the point of this thread.  :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
John Ross and a third rounder for Peterson. DreK for a jar of pickled mountain oysters. Marvin Lewis for a Burger King assistant manager.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 10:17 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: That's nice and all but what trade would you make? You know the point of this thread.  :)

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4668754]

Reply/Quote
Patrick Peterson would really make sense, we don't get pressure on the qb and people in the secondary that's confident in their coverage ability...
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis for Sean McVay Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Patrick peterson for dre kirk and jon ross, a third rounder if they want more. Or id take a flyer on a linebacker
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 12:48 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Marvin Lewis for Sean McVay Cool

And we’ll throw in Teryl Austin!

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 12:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: Marvin Lewis for Sean McVay Cool

ThumbsUp  ....maybe he could bring Whit back with him!
Reply/Quote
Marvin for a jock strap to the steelers....let him be their DC, and let him make them flat and lethargic and teach "up-high, slide off" tackling.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 01:12 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And we’ll throw in Teryl Austin!

......and Haslett while we're at it! LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown for Robert Kraft?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Trade this entire Bengals defense and DC for an average NFL defense. I'd take just average maybe one that is only giving up 20 pts. a game. This defense looks confused and out of position way too many snaps, opposing Q'backs see this at the los and beat us regularly. It's strange as many here thought the defense was the least of our worries.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 07:40 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I would see what the Cards want for Haason Reddick.

Terrelle Pryor was cut by the jets. He has an injury that was supposed to make him miss a couple games. Cut Cody Core and let him learn the offense and hopefully be healthy after our bye

Core is primarily kept for ST. Pryor likely doesn't contribute (much) on ST, so that might not make sense.

As for the OP, I'd be looking for RG (Redmond has actually been worse than Hart and the Bengals refuse to try Westerman), RT, and/or LB. I think a boosted OL gives the offense more time and I think would help John Ross become a quality contributor (when healthy). I'm tired of seeing Hardy Nickerson out there at LB. He's abysmal.

Maybe another idea would be to trade for Jared Cook seeing as the Raiders are in a fire sale and Cook is in the last year of his contract.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 08:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yes, Jax was a legit contender because they proved during the regular season they could not only beat a team like Pittsburgh (who was also a contender), but trounce them (30-9). 

They also lost to the Titans by 21 points.
Reply/Quote
Everybody wanting to trade for Peterson, have you actually read why he wants traded? He doesn’t feel the team is committed to winning. You think he’s going to be happy here? Rofl
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 08:08 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’d look to AZ too, but I’d target Andre Smith for RT and Deon Bucannon for nickel LB

This.  
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 09:35 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Ross and a 3rd rounder to Jags for MLB Myles Jack.  Jags not so great at WR so maybe they would bite on a long shot.  Just thinking out loud.

I like that idea but maybe it would take Boyd instead of Ross.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 09:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Mike Brown for Robert Kraft?

Winner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Trades?
We are better of stripping some OL from other teams PS's.
We need to find help now at RT/RG.
The defense isn't the reason we have scored so few points lately.
Reply/Quote