Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trades you would make?
(10-24-2018, 10:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The idea of the Bengals trading FOR a player who is demanding a trade is making my head spin. 

Speaking of the Cards......reckon ol Mikey could coax Arians out of retirement......maybe spring for Qdoba or Jersey Mike's instead of dinner at Wendy's to get him on board?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We could use offensiveline, tightend, cornerbacks or linebackers. Their are players to be had for reasonable prices
Reply/Quote
Lots of players we could get that could help this team...

Chance Warmack G Eagles, Hassan Reddick LB Cards, Andre Smith OT/OG Cards, Patrick Peterson would be awesome but...

Doubt any of this will happen, we usually don't trade for players midseason no matter what is going on.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lots of players we could get that could help this team...

Chance Warmack G Eagles, Hassan Reddick LB Cards, Andre Smith OT/OG Cards, Patrick Peterson would be awesome but...

Doubt any of this will happen, we usually don't trade for players midseason no matter what is going on.

Gabe Jackson (RG Oakland)  should be traded for immediately.  
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 03:27 PM)BlueBengal Wrote: Gabe Jackson (RG Oakland)  should be traded for immediately.  

You think we could get him for a mid to late round pick?

That is the only way i could see it happening or trading for Warmack.

Maybe Burfict and a late round pick for Gabe? I would do it.

I know i used to always be against trading away Burfict but as of late.... Mellow
Reply/Quote
PFF speculated that Gabe Jackson could be had for a 4th round pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 03:41 PM)BlueBengal Wrote: PFF speculated that Gabe Jackson could be had for a 4th round pick.

Sounds great to me, i would do it immediately. :andy:
Reply/Quote
I saw earlier where Fansided suggested that the Bengals offer a 7th round pick to the 49ers for LB Elijah Lee. Lee was drafted by the Vikings in 2017 and landed on the PS. 49ers signed Lee to their roster and he started 14 games, and then 5 more this year, until Ruben Foster came back from suspension.

The writers at Fansided suggested that Lee might have the coverage skills at LB, that the Bengals are seriously lacking.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lots of players we could get that could help this team...

Yeah I doubt anything will happen. Part of me thinks that the Bengals are content with who they have to make a run at the playoffs. Or they feel that they won't get as good as a deal now as opposed to just waiting until the offseason.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 04:08 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah I doubt anything will happen. Part of me thinks that the Bengals are content with who they have to make a run at the playoffs. Or they feel that they won't get as good as a deal now as opposed to just waiting until the offseason.

I'm not ruling out that the Bengals still might make a move or two, just not the blockbuster, headline news sort of moves that many are hoping for.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 04:08 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah I doubt anything will happen. Part of me thinks that the Bengals are content with who they have to make a run at the playoffs. Or they feel that they won't get as good as a deal now as opposed to just waiting until the offseason.

Just the way it has always been, but gotta say this year we made a lot of moves that we haven't done in the past.

We will see. Right before the bye would be the perfect time to bring in a few guys to get them acclimated.

Hard to ignore the shitty play from our LB's lately and the right side of our OL namely Redmond.
Reply/Quote

This is where the Bengals drastically need to change their idea of playing in the AFCN. Years past the AFCN was a ground and pound division. Not so much anymore and we still look for Lbs that fit mold. Look at Shazier, before he hurt himself, he was only 230 lbs and fast. He was very effective in the running and passing game. Maybe we don't need the 250+ LBs anymore, i guess is what I'm trying to say. These guys are not adapt to covering guys.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 04:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not ruling out that the Bengals still might make a move or two, just not the blockbuster, headline news sort of moves that many are hoping for.

I think the more 'realistic' move they will make if they do make one is to sign someone off the street or off another team's practice squad.

I know they have made moves in the last 14 months that were a bit uncharacteristic for them. But it's not like they did a complete 180 in how they do things either. Oh well, guess time will tell.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Jared Cook would not be blockbuster. Neither would Deone Bucannon. But both would be enormously impactful.
Reply/Quote
Marvins philosophy or mikes is try to improve without making changes.
Reply/Quote
Trade Ross for a 12 pack of Corona Premium
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 06:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Jared Cook would not be blockbuster. Neither would Deone Bucannon. But both would be enormously impactful.

Jared Cook would be a good target only issue is you'd only get him for half a season with no guarantee he would resign. What could you really give up for him a 6th rounder?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
"There'll be no talk of trades during the season around here fellas."

~Son of Paul.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Trade Ross for about 2-3 linebackers.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 07:28 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm doubting the amount of improvement bringing in McCoy would yield.

Totally down for getting Big Dre on the cheap.

players I would sit.Bobby Hart,Dre Kirkpatrick cut him,Hardy Nickerson,Nick Vigil,Shawn Williams,Tez the rb from florida,John Ross would not see the field this year and I would cut him first chance I got. I would give Westerman a chance to play in place of bust bobby hart.

Marvin has too many favorites he plays and have all of noticed that the new draftees are on the practice squad and should be playing,this is a terrible team they have assembled and will not be able to keep up with the top teams.The saints are going to embarrass the Bengals,the ravens are going to win and so will the steelers,and Carlos Dunlap is not that great,he makes a play once in a while. Cool Sad
Reply/Quote