Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading McCarron will require...
(04-25-2017, 03:30 PM)Burma Wrote: I was listening to the Chris Spielman (sp?) Show on fox sports and he mentioned this exact scenario. He said, paraphrasing here, that if the Bengals don't make the playoffs again or go 1 and done he would not be surprised to see the Bengals shopping Dalton during the draft next year and going with AJ.

Except one has the most team friendly deal of any starting QB in the league while being above average, the other will need resigned and based on current deals will make more. Our staff has often pointed out the other issues that have caused our playoff woes rather than them being on Andy. I believe the FO is very happy with Dalton. The only way Dalton is not the QB here for the foreseeable future is injury, or a coaching change which all bets are off when that happens as they tend to want "their guy" but I don't think that would be McCaron either.
Reply/Quote
McCarron will be Restricted so the Bengals will tender him with a high-round pick and if they lose him they'll take the pick.

That's why they're requiring a kings bounty to trade him.

Hopefully they draft his replacement this year. I'd be ok with Kaaya in Round 3 if he's there.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 04:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: McCarron will be Restricted so the Bengals will tender him with a high-round pick and if they lose him they'll take the pick.

That's why they're requiring a kings bounty to trade him.

Hopefully they draft his replacement this year. I'd be ok with Kaaya in Round 3 if he's there.

It is yet to be determined if he will be an RFA or not. That battle will take place next year it seems.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 04:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: It is yet to be determined if he will be an RFA or not. That battle will take place next year it seems.

The situation is going to an arbitrator.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 03:30 PM)Burma Wrote: I was listening to the Chris Spielman (sp?) Show on fox sports and he mentioned this exact scenario. He said, paraphrasing here, that if the Bengals don't make the playoffs again or go 1 and done he would not be surprised to see the Bengals shopping Dalton during the draft next year and going with AJ.

I have been saying this and feeling this for a while...  I don't listen to Chris Spielman, but this has been something, I have been thinking for a while.  Andy must get us there if he does not there is a reason, they are keeping AJ around, I just don't see Mike Brown paying out this much money if we do not get to the playoffs and win with AD.  We have to realize AJ McCarron was drafted in the 5th Round!!!!!!  And the Bengals will take no less than a 1st round pick?????   If we are saying is a first rounder off of the limited playing time, then give me a break.  The Bengals know what they are doing and they have done it over and over, skimming by and watching out for the underlining of pockets.  Can't blame them it is a family BUSINESS for crying out loud.  However Andy doesn't get us there this year, and then we will see what Happens with AJ McCarron, could be the Starter like I said sooner than later. 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 11:05 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: I know I am going out on a limb here, but if AJ McCarron is not traded during the draft, like Fred is saying, He will be OUR QB as in Starter very soon.

That is going out on a string. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I doubt McCarron will start for any other reason than a Dalton injury.

Think about it...the Bengals would have to commit big money to him based off of limited opportunity. Then, they'd have to get rid of Dalton and accept the cap hit that comes with that.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 04:57 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I have been saying this and feeling this for a while...  I don't listen to Chris Spielman, but this has been something, I have been thinking for a while.  Andy must get us there if he does not there is a reason, they are keeping AJ around, I just don't see Mike Brown paying out this much money if we do not get to the playoffs and win with AD.  We have to realize AJ McCarron was drafted in the 5th Round!!!!!!  And the Bengals will take no less than a 1st round pick?????   If we are saying is a first rounder off of the limited playing time, then give me a break.  The Bengals know what they are doing and they have done it over and over, skimming by and watching out for the underlining of pockets.  Can't blame them it is a family BUSINESS for crying out loud.  However Andy doesn't get us there this year, and then we will see what Happens with AJ McCarron, could be the Starter like I said sooner than later. 

Ok, settle down

Andy will be the QB of this team for the foreseeable future (barring injury or a much needed coaching change). They view AJ as a backup and a backup only. If Dalton goes down, they see Mccarron as a solid replacement. One they're not going to let go for cheap (no surprise there). That's all there is to it.
Reply/Quote
We'll see how desperate the Texans are feeling when pick 25 rolls around and an already crappy QB draft has the top picked off of it by teams already reaching earlier in the round.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 04:57 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I have been saying this and feeling this for a while...  I don't listen to Chris Spielman, but this has been something, I have been thinking for a while.  Andy must get us there if he does not there is a reason, they are keeping AJ around, I just don't see Mike Brown paying out this much money if we do not get to the playoffs and win with AD.  We have to realize AJ McCarron was drafted in the 5th Round!!!!!!  And the Bengals will take no less than a 1st round pick?????   If we are saying is a first rounder off of the limited playing time, then give me a break.  The Bengals know what they are doing and they have done it over and over, skimming by and watching out for the underlining of pockets.  Can't blame them it is a family BUSINESS for crying out loud.  However Andy doesn't get us there this year, and then we will see what Happens with AJ McCarron, could be the Starter like I said sooner than later. 

You ARE the funniest poster!!!

Reply/Quote
Looking at the draft, the only team that could feasibly/reasonably give up their first round pick would the the Texans at 25. So unless the Bengals blink and take a high second rounder, I find it highly doubtful AJ gets moved.

As others have pointed out, this might change with the inevitable drafting of QBs way earlier than they should be, but if I'm a betting man I'm not getting my hopes up for anything.
Reply/Quote
This is basically like saying "no we are not trading McCarron".

No one would trade a 1st for him.

"Oh! But they did with Palmer!"

Palmer was a starter and led the Bengals to the playoffs.

"Bradford got a 1st rounder!"

Yeah because that team was competitive and again, Bradford has been a starter for years and is a better player.

McCarron isn't going anywhere. Teams will pick Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes. Cutler and Kaepernick are also free agents.

There's not many teams with QB needs. Sure. A weak QB class, but there's still potential in it.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:44 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: We got a lot for Palmer from Hue in 2011.

Who says we won't get something from Hue in 2017?

Trading isn't his strong suit.

I must have missed the part where Hue was the acting GM of the Browns and they were in the playoff hunt (in April, no less!)

Listen folks, we caught lighting in a bottle when we traded a retired QB for a 1st and a 2nd.  Basing the McCarron situation on this is like quitting your job so you can concentrate on winning the lottery.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 05:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is going out on a string. Hilarious

[Image: angif-go-out-on-a-limb-def.jpg]LOL, Something......  is up then why would we not shuttle a 5th rounder out for a 2nd or a 3rd?  I am just saying just saying...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 05:33 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Ok, settle down

Andy will be the QB of this team for the foreseeable future (barring injury or a much needed coaching change). They view AJ as a backup and a backup only. If Dalton goes down, they see Mccarron as a solid replacement. One they're not going to let go for cheap (no surprise there). That's all there is to it.

I hope we/you are right and we get in the playoffs and win with Andy this year but we will try to remember this post if we don't win and next season comes around see what is the status of AJ McCarron and Andy, if we don't get rid of him... 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 06:35 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You ARE the funniest poster!!!

HA!!  Good one! HAHA.. LMAO
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 07:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I must have missed the part where Hue was the acting GM of the Browns and they were in the playoff hunt (in April, no less!)

Listen folks, we caught lighting in a bottle when we traded a retired QB for a 1st and a 2nd.  Basing the McCarron situation on this is like quitting your job so you can concentrate on winning the lottery.

I mean it's the Browns it's not like they aren't known for making bad choices.
Reply/Quote
Browns give us 1st pick in the 2nd round for him?
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 08:02 PM)magikod Wrote: Browns give us 1st pick in the 2nd round for him?

To me sounds the most likely unless the Texans want the guy in the first like the poster said right before me.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 10:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: To me sounds the most likely unless the Texans want the guy in the first like the poster said right before me.

I'd rather give him to the Texans (higher pick + not in our division) but either 1 would work in my book. Get value for him now before its 2 late.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote