Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading McCarron will require...
I apologize that I can't detect satire on this board anymore. Please tell me anyone considering dealing Andy is doing so to troll. The guy deserves a metal for getting thru last year, let alone performing well.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 11:05 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: I know I am going out on a limb here, but if AJ McCarron is not traded during the draft, like Fred is saying, He will be OUR QB as in Starter very soon.

Only if Andy is hurt.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 03:30 PM)Burma Wrote: I was listening to the Chris Spielman (sp?) Show on fox sports and he mentioned this exact scenario. He said, paraphrasing here, that if the Bengals don't make the playoffs again or go 1 and done he would not be surprised to see the Bengals shopping Dalton during the draft next year and going with AJ.

This is what is going on.

It would be great for everyone if Andy was traded to Texans for two 1s  and maybe a 2.

we are in re-build mode for at least this year.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, let's dump a guy that went to the playoffs five straight years and holds several franchise records for a guy who has started all of four games, and didn't particularly shine in any of them.

Seems legit.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Andy is & will be the starting QB for the foreseeable future. And he should be.......
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I reported it was a first round pick after the 2015 season. It never changed. And I wrote the story about McCarron being "at peace" with it, because he has to be. The Bengals hold all the leverage. There's no reason for them to ask for anything less. And no, the team isn't going to look at AJ to compete with Andy at any point. AJ is considered a very good backup quarterback they feel good about should Andy get hurt.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 09:27 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Yeah, I reported it was a first round pick after the 2015 season. It never changed. And I wrote the story about McCarron being "at peace" with it, because he has to be. The Bengals hold all the leverage. There's no reason for them to ask for anything less. And no, the team isn't going to look at AJ to compete with Andy at any point. AJ is considered a very good backup quarterback they feel good about should Andy get hurt.

At any point? this is including next season, not this one but next season even if Andy is struggling?  Is AJ not starting caliber?  If this is the case then why wouldn't we trade him for 2nd or 3rd? (Please note Andy has my full support), it seems as though there are so many positions we could trade AJ for to help improve the team if this is the case.  Also, is this honestly fair for AJ McCarron, the guy has a beautiful college career and can play ball... are the Bengal's squashing a mans career? 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 09:39 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: At any point? this is including next season, not this one but next season even if Andy is struggling?  Is AJ not starting caliber?  If this is the case then why wouldn't we trade him for 2nd or 3rd? (Please note Andy has my full support), it seems as though there are so many positions we could trade AJ for to help improve the team if this is the case.  Also, is this honestly fair for AJ McCarron, the guy has a beautiful college career and can play ball... are the Bengal's squashing a mans career? 

Generally players don't get drafted unless they have a beautiful college career. Sure McCarron had a better one than normal, but he also had a lot more NFL-level talent around him than normal.

Fact is...
A team was willing to give 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks, and 2 3rd round picks for Jared Goff rather than give 1 1st round pick for McCarron.
A team was willing to give 2 1st round picks, 1 2nd round pick, and 1 4th round pick for Carson Wentz rather than give 1 1st round pick for McCarron.
Teams were willing to give 1 1st round and 1 2nd round pick for Sam Bradford rather than give 1 1st round pick for McCarron.
The Browns were (reportedly) willing to give a 1st round pick for Jimmy G and haven't made the same offer for McCarron.

All of that happened after the 2015 season ended, so teams had tape on McCarron. If teams thought the Bengals were squashing his career, someone would have gone after him. Not all college superstars become pro superstars. It's just the way it is.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2017, 06:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: We'll see how desperate the Texans are feeling when pick 25 rolls around and an already crappy QB draft has the top picked off of it by teams already reaching earlier in the round.

Honestly, I don't want to trade him to the Texans.  With a solid QB, this team could be lethal.  I hope he gets a shot at starting for Cleveland for the #33 pick....and if they want a sweetener, add their 3rd round pick next year.  That is still going to be a pretty high selection.

Then I would immediately sign Austin Davis...if he is under contract somewhere, I would offer a pick for him (like a 5th rounder).

I like that kid a lot.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 09:27 PM)jowczarski Wrote: Yeah, I reported it was a first round pick after the 2015 season. It never changed. And I wrote the story about McCarron being "at peace" with it, because he has to be. The Bengals hold all the leverage. There's no reason for them to ask for anything less. And no, the team isn't going to look at AJ to compete with Andy at any point. AJ is considered a very good backup quarterback they feel good about should Andy get hurt.

Sure there is a reason for them to ask for something less...if the market dictated that no one would offer a #1.

You would know this late tomorrow evening, and teams would know if they got their QB or not so they may be willing to make an offer.

I love having AJM as a backup, but I would rather have a pick that turns in to a player that immediately contributes....TJ Watt.  Zach Cunningham.  Curtis Samuel (if they don't get Ross).  Those are players that improve our starting roster and make us a better team on gameday.  What difference does it make if you have a good insurance policy on a team that can't win in the postseason?  More talent on the starting roster = better team and more wins.  
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 10:46 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Honestly, I don't want to trade him to the Texans.  With a solid QB, this team could be lethal.  I hope he gets a shot at starting for Cleveland for the #33 pick....and if they want a sweetener, add their 3rd round pick next year.  That is still going to be a pretty high selection.

Then I would immediately sign Austin Davis...if he is under contract somewhere, I would offer a pick for him (like a 5th rounder).

I like that kid a lot.

Completely get this. Don't want McCarron on the Texans either.

Damn those Texans. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2017, 01:43 AM)magikod Wrote: I'd rather give him to the Texans (higher pick + not in our division) but either 1 would work in my book. Get value for him now before its 2 late.

I don't know man, the Texans already have our number.

I don't know how much better AJM could make the Browns.

The Texans like SHRacer said could be lethal with AJM at the helm.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 01:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely get this. Don't want McCarron on the Texans either.

Damn those Texans. Whatever

This couldn't be a better situation.  He could still go to Cleveland, but for the #25 pick in Rd 1!!!!  I like Watson but he won't be NFL ready right away...he is a great guy and athlete, but an NFL offense will take him a while to acclimate to and he may have the same issue AJM did after his senior year (dead arm).
Reply/Quote
I don't think macaroni is all that great, so I could care less where he goes. Would be fine with him ending up in CLE. They're going to be pretty good soon with all these high picks. Don't need them having a great QB in addition.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:21 PM)SHRacerX Wrote:
This couldn't be a better situation.  He could still go to Cleveland, but for the #25 pick in Rd 1!!!!  
I like Watson but he won't be NFL ready right away...he is a great guy and athlete, but an NFL offense will take him a while to acclimate to and he may have the same issue AJM did after his senior year (dead arm).

Very interested in what's going to happen there as well.
Reply/Quote
AJM is going nowhere.
Reply/Quote
If I am the browns and Bengals I would consider making a move. The Browns have 2 first next season and 2 2nds next season so giving up a 2nd and third this year isn't that bad while also considering they  already drafted three players in the first round this year.
Also the Bengals have to be realistic no team his going to give up a first round pick for him this season or next season and if he plays bad (if Andy is hurt )then all of his value goes away( I know it also could skyrocket but it is a considerable risk). Also if he leaves in two years we get a 3rd RD comp in 3 years and that's only if a team thinks he is worth the max.  So a 2nd Rd pick or even a 3rd Rd pick is better value.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Bears gave up an awful lot for what they got...Really curious why AJM didn't garner that kind of interest...at least multiple picks.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 03:04 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: The Bears gave up an awful lot for what they got...Really curious why AJM didn't garner that kind of interest...at least multiple picks.

I bet there is interest in him but I think the Bengals are just to stubborn to listen to anyone to make a deal.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote