Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Camp Padded Practice
(08-20-2020, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When Vigil won his starting spot our LB corps included 

Vincent Rey...7 years 37 NFL starts
Kevin minter...2nd round pick with 37 NFL starts
Vontaze Burfict...Pro Bowler with 56 NFL starts

Bynes is winning a starting position in a LB corps that has a combined 9 NFL starts.

BTW Pratt was taken at 72 while Logan was taken at 65.  No real difference.

Your math is off. Evans has started 9 games. That’s actually 18 with Pratt’s 9. Point is I think we all hope our LB group is in better shape than it was the last couple years. And good on Bynes for keeping the kids waiting if he takes a spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When Vigil won his starting spot our LB corps included 

Vincent Rey...7 years 37 NFL starts
Kevin minter...2nd round pick with 37 NFL starts
Vontaze Burfict...Pro Bowler with 56 NFL starts

Bynes is winning a starting position in a LB corps that has a combined 9 NFL starts.

BTW Pratt was taken at 72 while Logan was taken at 65.  No real difference.

Vinney Rey and Minter were both Middle Linebackers if I remember right. Burfict, when available, was a Will or Middle Linebacker. Vigil started as SAM...... unless I am misremembering.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 02:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Well yea, but it's not like Bynes has a lot of established competition for starting. Prolly gonna be him and Pratt as starters with Wilson coming in on 3rd down.

Pratt----Bynes----Logan (not sure where they're lining up, TBH).

ADG first off the bench, Bailey is next and if we keep a 6th, Evans.

That's how I've got 'em now.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Pratt----Bynes----Logan (not sure where they're lining up, TBH).

Me too.... unless Evans really ramps it up this year and moves up a couple of spots. He supposedly put on a lot of muscle this off season
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 04:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Me too.... unless Evans really ramps it up this year and moves up a couple of spots. He supposedly put on a lot of muscle this off season

He did; went from looking plump to completely ripped and (somewhat) chiseled.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 04:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He did; went from looking plump to completely ripped and (somewhat) chiseled.

If he's not as ripped as Burrow, then it doesn't matter. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 03:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Pratt----Bynes----Logan (not sure where they're lining up, TBH).

I think Calitro beats out Evans if they keep 6.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 05:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Calitro beats out Evans if they keep 6.

Pfft...is he swol like Evans??

Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 04:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: He did; went from looking plump to completely ripped and (somewhat) chiseled.

You have to wonder how you can go through an NFL offseason workout program and look like that (3 years in)? I mean I can see if it's a big olineman or dlineman, but no reason to be so soft at that position with access to trainers and an NFL weight room etc. Our trainers were fine with that? Seems like they would have been on him, and other LB's would have been competing to get "swole" to keep him better motivated/focused. We may not have had good leadership in the room (Burfict, who I am a fan of, wasn't the one to care about being in shape during the offseason). Maybe that rubbed off on the lb room. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 05:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think Calitro beats out Evans if they keep 6.

This. Don't sleep on Calitro.

Is Evans really regaining Bengals fans support enough to make the roster (not that we have a say, but as far as fans considering it)? I though we had long wrote him off and replaced him with the newcomers. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 06:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: This. Don't sleep on Calitro.

Is Evans really regaining Bengals fans support enough to make the roster (not that we have a say, but as far as fans considering it)? I though we had long wrote him off and replaced him with the newcomers. 

Not me.   He may be chiseled, but I've never liked the way he played.  He doesn't seem to have the instincts.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 06:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: You have to wonder how you can go through an NFL offseason workout program and look like that (3 years in)? I mean I can see if it's a big olineman or dlineman, but no reason to be so soft at that position with access to trainers and an NFL weight room etc. Our trainers were fine with that? Seems like they would have been on him, and other LB's would have been competing to get "swole" to keep him better motivated/focused. We may not have had good leadership in the room (Burfict, who I am a fan of, wasn't the one to care about being in shape during the offseason). Maybe that rubbed off on the lb room. 

Evan Mathis underwent a similar transformation.

It's weird.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 07:01 PM)3wt Wrote: Not me.   He may be chiseled, but I've never liked the way he played.  He doesn't seem to have the instincts.

Me neither. I just think the fact he has game experience and the new guys don't get a pre season gives him a slight edge, all other things being equal. 
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2020, 07:01 PM)3wt Wrote: Not me.   He may be chiseled, but I've never liked the way he played.  He doesn't seem to have the instincts.

Same, Evans should of shown something by now. I see the same thing, he is not instinctual which is what we need in our LB's.

That is what I like about all the Linebackers we brought in the last few years, they are instinctual and smart. Pratt, Wilson, ADG, 
Bailey, Bynes and yes Calitro should beat out Evans.
Reply/Quote