Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes-first major injury of camp
According to Tom Pelissero, Waynes has a pectoral injury. He is getting a 2nd opinion but looks like he could lose up to two months which includes at least a month of the regular season.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This one is a blow. People are about to lose their you know what on me, but it may make sense to grab Dre on a vet minimum contract. With about a month until the first game getting someone back in here who is familiar makes sense, and honestly he is probably one of the ebst available corners left. It doesn't mean he has to start, in fact I'd give Phillis and Alexander every chance to, however you'll want that depth on the outside if things go really bad injury wise.
Reply/Quote
How the#%$ do you injure a pec during walk throughs????Bang Head
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 08:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How the#%$ do you injure a pec during walk throughs????Bang Head

Could have injured it lifting ala Billy Price

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 08:16 AM)pally Wrote: Could have injured it lifting ala Billy Price

Most likely. Soft tissue injuries are going to be prevalent this year with the weird offseason. Last time we didn't have an offseason the amount of torn Achilles were astronomical compared to other years,
Reply/Quote
Let's see, wasn't it Waynes who a couple of weeks ago was complaining because he wasn't signed and said he couldn't push himself????4

So now that he's signed, I guess he's pushing it....
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 08:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How the#%$ do you injure a pec during walk throughs????Bang Head

Maybe he injured it working out in the weight room.  With all the CB's they brought in it might not be that big of a deal.  You have a point though.  Injured pec in no contact walk throughs.
Reply/Quote
Wasn't Jonah Williams injury last year a pec issue? We know how that went and he was out for the year
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Every ***** year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 08:43 AM)corpjet Wrote: Wasn't Jonah Williams injury last year a pec issue?  We know how that went and he was out for the year

Yes, but the major difference is what they are being asked to do on each play. I tore my pec and labrum in my shoulder in college as a wrestler and while I didn't get full strength back for a year, years really, I was able to compete 6-8 weeks later without surgery. I was able to make it through but still struggled with heavy pushing motions, so while Waynes probably won't be fully recovered if it is a tear, he should be able to play. In comparison though Jonah was going to have to perform pushing motions on every single play against guys running full speed at him.

Edit: Actually, it was Labrum it seems...I knew it was one fo the injuries I had. Either way Waynes should be able to get back.
Reply/Quote
It's possible CB might be a rising need in next year's draft.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 08:43 AM)corpjet Wrote: Wasn't Jonah Williams injury last year a pec issue?  We know how that went and he was out for the year

Shoulder injury

Reply/Quote

That was Billy Price
Reply/Quote
Never fails with this team and my expectations are slowly fading already. Every year it’s the same story, injuries.....
Reply/Quote
Well if that is the major injury from camp, I'm good with it.....
Reply/Quote
Hope Trae Waynes has a speedy recover and back on the field in mid October for Colts or Browns.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 08:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Let's see, wasn't it Waynes who a couple of weeks ago was complaining because he wasn't signed and said he couldn't push himself????4

So now that he's signed, I guess he's pushing it....

Or he was already injured????
Reply/Quote

His was a labrum that required surgery.  The dreaded "Bama killed him" injury.  He will be a force this year, and it was all a part of the recipe to a 2-14 season that allowed us to get Joe Burrow.  
Reply/Quote
This is your chance, Darius Phillips. Take the job and never look back. I actually think what you did in a very small sample size last year should have had more people talking about you competing for a starting role. Well, here it is. If you go out and play an entire season like you did at the end of last year, you will be making at least $10 million a season.

Not that I wanted to see Waynes injured. It is a huge loss and the position is now paper thin in terms of starting talent.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2020, 09:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Or he was already injured????

That's what I'm thinking...
Reply/Quote