Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes limping at practice
(08-26-2021, 12:23 AM)Tony Wrote: Cut him now.. I'm sick of all this Injury shit. Everyone gets 1, then it's time to go...

Lmao glad you’re not in charge. What a terrible take.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 12:41 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Lmao glad you’re not in charge. What a terrible take.

Dudes on year 2 and hasn't played in 1 real game yet and injured again.. What good is he??
Reply/Quote
This will be interesting to see who takes his place: Phillips or Apple. Phillips has always flashed talent, but is still very inconsistent.

Hope Waynes gets back quickly, but the sad truth is these hamstrings have a way of hanging around for a while. Good thing they aren't rolling out Sims.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 08:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This will be interesting to see who takes his place:  Phillips or Apple.  Phillips has always flashed talent, but is still very inconsistent.  

Hope Waynes gets back quickly, but the sad truth is these hamstrings have a way of hanging around for a while.  Good thing they aren't rolling out Sims.

My understanding, from talking to PT's, is that hamstring injuries are mostly caused be not working the front and back of the legs equally. I realize elite athletes put a lot of stress on their thighs, but geeze we sure seem to get more than our share of these things. 
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 08:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: My understanding, from talking to PT's, is that hamstring injuries are mostly caused be not working the front and back of the legs equally. I realize elite athletes put a lot of stress on their thighs, but geeze we sure seem to get more than our share of these things. 

I remember Houshmanzadeh had a lot of hammy problems early on, but did hot yoga and other things to strengthen them and add flexibility.  He swore by it.  If I was a WR coach, or DB coach, I would be all over that.  
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 04:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Time to put him down.

LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 09:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember Houshmanzadeh had a lot of hammy problems early on, but did hot yoga and other things to strengthen them and add flexibility.  He swore by it.  If I was a WR coach, or DB coach, I would be all over that.  

This totally!    Housh had serious and unremitting hammy problems.   He took responsibility for his own healing and found a regimen that got the job done.  From the time he undertook the very intense yoga routine he only had a couple of minor flares with his hamstrings the rest of his career.  He preached the value of the routine (1-2 hours a day I think).  I don't think a single person ever took him up on his challenge (per his report).

And he's the only guy I know that had consistent hammy issues that ever solved the mystery.

And you're right SHEacerX!   His coaches and trainers, from Taylor on down SHOULD be all over that.

I'd hold him out till he is able to really get the thing healed.   And it's a long haul in my experience - both personal and watching the world of foot ball injuries.

Hope he gets it done!!!!  He's part of a pretty darn good defense!
Reply/Quote
I agree with the yoga. And I've noticed watching NFL players stretch pre-game, their routines leave little to be desired. They appear in most cases to be going through the motions. (Not just the Bengals either) Yoga will really stretch you out.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I second the yoga for injury prevention sentiment. I would also say acupuncture helps speed up recovery as well. I had an ankle issue bothering me for a couple months. After I went in for one acupuncture treatment it cleared up and hasn’t bothered me since. Yoga helps with flexibility and strength. It’s helped me a lot with my knee having had surgery on my acl in high school. Lots of reports from players like housh, James Harrison, Aaron Rodgers, etc backing yoga and acupuncture. Should be part of the routine for injury prevention.
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 01:41 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah I second the yoga for injury prevention sentiment. I would also say acupuncture helps speed up recovery as well. I had an ankle issue bothering me for a couple months. After I went in for one acupuncture treatment it cleared up and hasn’t bothered me since. Yoga helps with flexibility and strength. It’s helped me a lot with my knee having had surgery on my acl in high school. Lots of reports from players like housh, James Harrison, Aaron Rodgers, etc backing yoga and acupuncture. Should be part of the routine for injury prevention.

Speaking of James Harrison, everyone see where he is now acting in the Series "Heels"?
Reply/Quote
as expected, Waynes is not practicing today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-26-2021, 04:42 PM)pally Wrote:

Well I guess that's good news. Better to have 2 minor tweaks than one with a huge issue.... right? 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 08:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Well I guess that's good news. Better to have 2 minor tweaks than one with a huge issue.... right? 

Maybe.

I generally believe that most sports injuries are due to bad luck more than a problem with the individual players body or his training methods.  But when they same guys has problems with the same muscle in both legs it seems like it is more than just bad luck.

So it will be a "good" thing if it causes him to correct the problem BEFORE he has a "big" issue.

By the time an athlete reaches the level of the NFL it seems he would be exposed to and aware of much more information of training than anyone here.
Reply/Quote
Weather could be playing a role, isn’t it extremely hot out there at practice? Not sure he’s dealt with that before. Not an excuse, just an observation. I don’t know how hot Minneapolis typically is during TC.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 10:59 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Weather could be playing a role, isn’t it extremely hot out there at practice? Not sure he’s dealt with that before. Not an excuse, just an observation. I don’t know how hot Minneapolis typically is during TC.

One would think cold weather would exacerbate muscle pulls, while warm weather would help them stretch, like hot yoga. 
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2021, 11:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: One would think cold weather would exacerbate muscle pulls, while warm weather would help them stretch, like hot yoga. 

I think that’s generally true, but aren’t there more soft tissue injuries in blistering heat? Maybe I’ve had this backwards all this time.

And Minny isn’t cold this time of year lol, just not as hot as it’s been lately during a typical year.
Reply/Quote
Just did some quick google research, you’re right, more common in the cold. The heat is only an issue if you don’t stay hydrated… maybe Waynes needs a few more water breaks.
Reply/Quote

Overpaid and never available. Great combo…

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 09:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Overpaid and never available. Great combo…

Yeah this contract just hasn’t worked out. I remember thinking when we signed him that it was risky. We had already locked up reader. And we already had WJ3, who was due an extension. Made more sense to make similar signings to the ones they did this year and extend WJ3. The main reason I thought it was risky was that Zim let him walk.
Reply/Quote