Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes limping at practice
(08-29-2021, 11:32 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah this contract just hasn’t worked out. I remember thinking when we signed him that it was risky. We had already locked up reader. And we already had WJ3, who was due an extension. Made more sense to make similar signings to the ones they did this year and extend WJ3. The main reason I thought it was risky was that Zim let him walk.

I mean, Zimmer let Rhodes walk, too, and he was great last year. Waynes just got way too much money here. Plain and simple.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, Zimmer let Rhodes walk, too, and he was great last year. Waynes just got way too much money here. Plain and simple.

Yeah they really flipped the script from signing our own to signing anyone and everyone else, quick. They did resign Mixon, but they just continue to let guys walk. Reader was a solid signing, despite him getting injured. But they really should have given this money to wj3. And now they are botching this Jessie Bates extension.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited about the team. But the organization seems like they haven’t learned from the Whit debacle yet. If you hit on a draft pick, you sign them. It’s not rocket science.

That said, Hendrickson over Lawson was a smart move as he couldn’t stay on the field for us. But WJ3 could for the most part, and played well. Wayne’s getting hurt repeatedly is karma. Ogbuehi flopping was stupidity.

I will say I have liked a lot of their signings over the past couple years. But this is a high profile one where they screwed up in my opinion. No need to let WJ3 walk. He was better than Wayne’s anyway.
Reply/Quote
Who's are other starting outside CB if Wayne's can't go ? I haven't seen Eli Apple play in the pre-season and he's sucked most of his career and the team seems to not really like Darius Phillips.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:29 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Who's are other starting outside CB if Wayne's can't go ? I haven't seen Eli Apple play in the pre-season and he's sucked most of his career and the team seems to not really like Darius Phillips.

Apple is going to start. That’s why he didn’t play yesterday.

Reply/Quote
Let's not get all nostalgic for WJIII, dude struggled in zone his entire time here. He only excels in man coverage. And, he's not exactly a tackling machine as demonstrated here..... he couldn't have put in less effort if he was in a coma. Say what you want, but Waynes would have blasted him.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, Zimmer let Rhodes walk, too, and he was great last year. Waynes just got way too much money here. Plain and simple.

IF, and this is a big IF, Waynes played 16 games last season like he was playing here this season, his contract would be right in line.  However, his recent injury history is very alarming.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Apple is going to start. That’s why he didn’t play yesterday.

I bet Darius Phillips was pissed at Antonio Phillips for his awful play yesterday.  People probably thought it was him.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: IF, and this is a big IF, Waynes played 16 games last season like he was playing here this season, his contract would be right in line.  However, his recent injury history is very alarming.  

So they said a month, right? So he'll miss two games. Not ready to give up on him yet.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2021, 11:45 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Yeah they really flipped the script from signing our own to signing anyone and everyone else, quick. They did resign Mixon, but they just continue to let guys walk. Reader was a solid signing, despite him getting injured. But they really should have given this money to wj3. And now they are botching this Jessie Bates extension.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m excited about the team. But the organization seems like they haven’t learned from the Whit debacle yet. If you hit on a draft pick, you sign them. It’s not rocket science.

That said, Hendrickson over Lawson was a smart move as he couldn’t stay on the field for us. But WJ3 could for the most part, and played well. Wayne’s getting hurt repeatedly is karma. Ogbuehi flopping was stupidity.

I will say I have liked a lot of their signings over the past couple years. But this is a high profile one where they screwed up in my opinion. No need to let WJ3 walk. He was better than Wayne’s anyway.

Right now, Owuzie is playing better than WJIII and we got him AND Hilton for the price of WJIII.  Waynes had already signed so it wasn't really a matter of him vs. WJIII.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 11:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Right now, Owuzie is playing better than WJIII and we got him AND Hilton for the price of WJIII.  Waynes had already signed so it wasn't really a matter of him vs. WJIII.  

We also got a good year out of Alexander. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:59 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: IF, and this is a big IF, Waynes played 16 games last season like he was playing here this season, his contract would be right in line.  However, his recent injury history is very alarming.  

I have to disagree. Unless he took a major step forward he was never going to be worth top CB1 money.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 11:00 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I bet Darius Phillips was pissed at Antonio Phillips for his awful play yesterday.  People probably thought it was him.  

I did for a second lol.

But it sounds like Apple was always going to be the next man up anyway…

Reply/Quote

Lol, just cut Wayne's. Should have brought back Mackenzie.
Reply/Quote
Didnt you just create the same thread a few days ago. Mackenzie is a slot and waynes is an outside corner so it doesnt even make sense. Somebody should just close this down.
Reply/Quote
Who's Wayne and what are we cutting on him? His arm? His leg? A toenail?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:34 PM)Trademark Wrote:
Lol, just cut Wayne's. Should have brought back Mackenzie.

So we should cut him because he will miss 1 or 2 games? 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:36 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Didnt you just create the same thread a few days ago.  Mackenzie is a slot and waynes is an outside corner so it doesnt even make sense.  Somebody should just close this down.

We'd only have 3 active threads if all the dumbass threads of people complaining about the same thing over and over and over again got closed down. 
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 12:36 PM)mikey6866 Wrote: Didnt you just create the same thread a few days ago. Mackenzie is a slot and waynes is an outside corner so it doesnt even make sense. Somebody should just close this down.

You're right and I created a thread about him limping but this is the official update on how much time he's expected to miss
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 11:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So they said a month, right? So he'll miss two games. Not ready to give up on him yet.

Absolutely!  I didn't mean to imply that I was giving up on him, but that his compensation is right in line for a veteran starting CB in the league that possesses his traits.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 11:04 AM)Sled21 Wrote: We also got a good year out of Alexander. 

True dat, and I liked Alexander, but Hilton brings a toughness and blitz package that Alexander didn't have.  
Reply/Quote