Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trae Waynes limping at practice
(08-30-2021, 11:20 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I have to disagree. Unless he took a major step forward he was never going to be worth top CB1 money.

Well, I guess it is hard to say what the step was from since I never really watched him in Minnesota, but I like his tackling and speed.  He looked really good at camp thus far.  Hope the hammy doesn't linger.  We need him. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 11:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I did for a second lol.

But it sounds like Apple was always going to be the next man up anyway…

Good stuff.  We may never know what it is with Phillips, but it seems that for every two good plays he makes, he has a clunker that can lead to a score.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 01:17 PM)Trademark Wrote: You're right and I created a thread about him limping but this is the official update on how much time he's expected to miss

Then make an official update to your first thread….
Reply/Quote
Do I think Waynes is (severely) overpaid and not a good CB1? Yes.
However, he was pretty durable before coming over to the Bengals, missing just 6 games in 5 years with MIN.

With the dead cap he would have, there's not a reason to cut him this year, as you're basically paying for him anyway.
But next year there will be about $11 mill in cap savings, so he needs to find a way to get and stay healthy and then produce to justify playing in the final year of his contract next year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Do I think Waynes is (severely) overpaid and not a good CB1? Yes.
However, he was pretty durable before coming over to the Bengals, missing just 6 games in 5 years with MIN.

With the dead cap he would have, there's not a reason to cut him this year, as you're basically paying for him anyway.
But next year there will be about $11 mill in cap savings, so he needs to find a way to get and stay healthy and then produce to justify playing in the final year of his contract next year.

unless he can comeback and put together a healthy 8 or 9 games and put up good to great numbers, I let him go. 
Draft  some CB talent in next yrs draft. 
Reply/Quote
Ok so he will be placed on IR in December it sounds like.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 04:44 PM)kalibengal Wrote: unless he can comeback and put together a healthy 8 or 9 games and put up good to great numbers, I let him go. 
Draft  some CB talent in next yrs draft. 

I think that might be the best strategy next year even if Waynes is kept in 2022.
Best-case would be the OL finally gels and we see good play from at least one of Ogunjobi or Hill at DT, thereby reducing the need for those two positions.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This guy just took us to the cleaners because he’s going to find another way to get injured before he comes back.
Reply/Quote
This might not be the worst thing in the world. With Ricardo Allen around and able to play CB as well as Eli Applie there is a little more depth then previous years at the CB position. And for Apple, you can usually get a few good weeks a year out of him, so if he can come out strong early might be okay till Trae returns.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
he is working out on the rehab field today

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-25-2021, 04:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Time to put him down.

(08-26-2021, 12:41 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote:
(08-26-2021, 12:23 AM)Tony Wrote: Cut him now.. I'm sick of all this Injury shit.  Everyone gets 1, then it's time to go...

Lmao glad you’re not in charge. What a terrible take.

Confused

Reply/Quote