Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
CB FA signing imminent?
Reply/Quote
About time.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Damn, Irwin must be expensive.

FWIW, they did Waynes no favors by keeping him this long.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn, Irwin must be expensive.

True. The timing is kinda odd.
Reply/Quote
Bye
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
It creates a hole. I hope this savings was not needed to sign Collins and we can go get another FA or 2. But definitely a move we needed to make. I have no ill will towards him, a player does not get injured seriously on purpose.

I hope he goes back to the NFC and never is in a position to haunt us.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Hopefully this means another significant FA signing is coming soon. A CB, one of our own guys (Spain, Reiff, Ogunjobi, etc). 

At the moment, we'd almost have to take a CB at #31. Rd 2 at the latest. 
Reply/Quote

Hilarious

True, but we must have our Corner in here to replace Waynes now.

Kind of have to have this so we don't leave a hole. Hope it is Gilmore.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It creates a hole. I hope this savings was not needed to sign Collins and we can go get another FA or 2. But definitely a move we needed to make. I have no ill will towards him, a player does not get injured seriously on purpose.

We still had room guessing Collins at $10 mil and Apple at $4 mil. Not much (under $2 mil), but not over. 

I hope this means we are not commited to Thomas, Irwin, Taylor/Morgan as the WR reserves. We could upgrade that depth. 
Reply/Quote
Spain is still in town. Hopefully this move is followed by giving him a 1-2 year deal as starting LG/depth if Carman or Smith take a big step forward.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:51 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: True. The timing is kinda odd.

I am guessing we are wrapping up a deal with a new CB (or other expensive free agent) right now.

The ONLY reason I can see that we held onto Waynes was waiting to sign his replacement.
Reply/Quote
He barely played. So I don’t necessarily think he’s someone the Bengals will need to replace ASAP.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Whelp...there goes the comment i made in the other thread
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

I'm sure most teams knew Trae Waynes was an imminent cap casualty. If they were interested they just have to contact his agent and find out for sure.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

He didn’t do us any favors either.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 04:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It creates a hole. I hope this savings was not needed to sign Collins and we can go get another FA or 2. But definitely a move we needed to make. I have no ill will towards him, a player does not get injured seriously on purpose.

The hole created is very small since he never made an impact here. But yes, any FA that at least can take the field would be a huge upgrade over Wayne"s. We paid this dude to take a 2yr vacation in Cincinnati. 

Reply/Quote

Waynes did the Bengals zero favors for the last few years. Id say they owed him nothing in terms of how they handled him.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 05:01 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm sure most teams knew Trae Waynes was an imminent cap casualty. If they were interested they just have to contact his agent and find out for sure.

it is also possible the Bengals were trying to work out a restructure behind the scenes

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
T's and P's to basballguy
Reply/Quote