Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trae Waynes released
(03-21-2022, 07:24 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Well Mr. Waynes, seems like you are all out of free money.

Dude absolutely stole money from this team. One of our biggest FA bust ever money wise.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 08:56 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: That could be true.  I remember at the time thinking Glenn was pulling some BS but you never know.  I suspected he might have serious concussion issues since he never played anymore football but you could be right, teams dont want players like that when they have shown a history of acting up.

I do think as great as A.B. is, he is done in the NFL.  I cant see anybody signing him with all that nonsense.

Forgot to put it in my post, but he was actually medically cleared when he refused to practice and got suspended for it. Not saying that the Bengals medical staff is a crack operation by any means, but it looks real bad after ending it with the first team for similar-ish sentiments. 

Yeah, I am not sure anyone is going to risk AB after he stripped in the endzone and walked out on a team in the middle of the game. Pretty sure that'll always be a nail in the career coffin. If he'll do it to Tom Brady and the defending Super Bowl Champs (at the time), he'll do it to anyone. It was also his second time, his first being forcing his way out of Oakland without every playing with them.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Irwin good move bringing him back he could be good given the chance at WR. Not sure if his special teams play is good enough to get him active on gamedays.
Reply/Quote
Hell of a way to "rip off" a team.. Sign a 3 year contract then immediately rip a few pectoral muscles just for effects and the next year make it hamstrings! I hate to bring it up, but there ARE easier methods of making money for a guy who was already an established player with several million already in the bank..  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:06 PM)pally Wrote: He tore his pectoral muscle in year one. That injury required surgery and is one that is a 9-10 month recovery.  Last season he badly pulled his hamstring and pulled it again when he did try to come back too soon.  CBs need to be able to run and jump.  He had 2 major injuries...not a bunch of ticky tacky ones.  There is nothing that said he was not trying to get healthy.

From Trae Waynes as an IG story

Cincy fam- Thank You for the ride.  I want to thank the city, the coaches, the fans, & most of all my teammates for an incredible 2 years!  It didn't go as planned for me personally,  but I'll never trade what we were able to accomplish as a team! THANK YOU!

Thanks I knew all that. But I think there’s more we don’t know. Not like the Bengals to wait this late and do him this way. Just not like them. Maybe waiting benefited him somehow. Just seems odd.
Reply/Quote
Who?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 06:27 PM)jeremydc Wrote: fk em. move on ser. dude basically schemed the franchise

He just lost 15 million dollars in salary.

I don't think you know what "schemed" means.  Players don't scheme up ways to lose $15 million.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2022, 11:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He just lost 15 million dollars in salary.

I don't think you know what "schemed" means.  Players don't scheme up ways to lose $15 million.

You are right ser

Reply/Quote
“ Trae Waynes made approximately $31M playing 243 snaps for the #Bengals.

It really was a disaster from the very start. Both sides move on in the most obvious major transaction in recent team history. “

Reply/Quote
Just an unfortunate one. Team can't help a dude getting injured, and neither can he. Like somebody said, nothing to say he wasn't trying to get healthy. We had high hopes for Waynes, but you never know how a guy will come back from injury either.

Hopefully this means we're locking in on a CB signing. I know that group played well for the most part last year, but we definitely need another guy in there.
Reply/Quote
This was not a surprise at all, even too Trae.

The writing was on the wall.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote