Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Training Camp: News, Notes & Updates
(08-14-2019, 11:47 PM)HuDey Wrote: They could just go ahead and replace Core and Malone with Tate and Morgan and I would consider it an upgrade.

Core for sure, I'm still clinging to hope for Malone but it's now or never for him as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 10:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I imagine they are or will be monitoring other cuts and grab an OT or two.  At least I hope that is the plan.  With Perkins gone, they only have Evans, Dugas and Smith.  Smith is okay but I don't feel comfortable with the other two.  

Don't forget Sutherland, who played for Turner at TAMU.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2019, 10:32 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I imagine they are or will be monitoring other cuts and grab an OT or two.  At least I hope that is the plan.  With Perkins gone, they only have Evans, Dugas and Smith.  Smith is okay but I don't feel comfortable with the other two.  

They are counting on Jerry being able to play OT.  He has done it before.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 09:14 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Don't forget Sutherland, who played for Turner at TAMU.

I thought Sutherland was a guard...

(08-15-2019, 09:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: They are counting on Jerry being able to play OT.  He has done it before.

Makes sense since MJ is getting reps at LG.  But I still think they bring in someone else on cut-down day.   Smith is okay at RT.  If Glenn goes down, pretty thing at LT.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 05:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought Sutherland was a guard...

Makes sense since MJ is getting reps at LG.  But I still think they bring in someone else on cut-down day.   Smith is okay at RT.  If Glenn goes down, pretty thing at LT.  

Thought I read at some point Sutherland was being considered for OT depth. He did play some RT at TAMU.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 05:08 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I thought Sutherland was a guard...

they were talking about MJ being able to slide out to OT...  And Hopkins ability to play all 5 spots in a pinch
Reply/Quote
Right now Tate and Willis and Morgan are out playing
Core and Malone.
Tate and Willis are catching everything throwing
Their way.
Core and Malone simply arent showing any improvementime
From 2018
Reply/Quote
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/8/16/20808889/bengals-injury-news-nfl-john-ross-aj-green-rodney-anderson-carl-lawson

Not sure how much insider information these guys actually have but perhaps it sheds a little light on the injury updates.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 05:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/8/16/20808889/bengals-injury-news-nfl-john-ross-aj-green-rodney-anderson-carl-lawson

Not sure how much insider information these guys actually have but perhaps it sheds a little light on the injury updates.

Sounds like we might finally see Ross again this week. Doubt he plays on Thursday, though I definitely think he needs to get some work in with AD.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 07:53 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Sounds like we might finally see Ross again this week. Doubt he plays on Thursday, though I definitely think he needs to get some work in with AD.

As much Ross and AD need some time to work, it is not uncommon.

Beckham will get no work with Mayfield

Brown little to none with Carr

My point is it is common. 

But I too hope Ross gets back on the practice field, that is where they work on routes and timing
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 08:30 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: As much Ross and AD need some time to work, it is not uncommon.

Beckham will get no work with Mayfield

Brown little to none with Carr

My point is it is common. 

But I too hope Ross gets back on the practice field, that is where they work on routes and timing

Did you really just compare Ross’ situation with two of the best WRs in the league?

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 05:12 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Right  now Tate and Willis and Morgan are out playing
Core and Malone.
Tate and Willis are catching everything throwing
Their way.
Core and Malone simply arent showing any improvementime
From 2018

I'm not saying people shouldn't be replaced but to say there is no improvement isn't true or you aren't really watching.

Malone flat out beat his man to death and was under-thrown by Andy. 

Core actually has made the most improvement of the two as he has been making catches and getting away from the drop issues he was having. 

Once again, I am not saying Tate and Willis haven't outplayed them but to say there is no improvement is wrong.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Who is this Ross guy everyone here keeps referencing? An UDFA?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 11:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you really just compare Ross’ situation with two of the best WRs in the league?

FWIW I didn't really interpret his post that way, I think he's just giving two of the most well known players as an example.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Says the guy who thinks a 4th round rookie QB is better than a 9 year veteran QB with a winning record after 2 preseason games. 

Marvin had a winning record too, did most here consider him a good coach?

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Says the guy who thinks a 4th round rookie QB is better than a 9 year veteran QB with a winning record after 2 preseason games. 

Aw, go easy on the guy, I think it's kind of cute how a guy who named himself after Peter Warrick (who was a mediocre NFL player AT BEST IF YOU'RE BEING REALLY REALLY KIND despite being picked 4th overall) can talk down to us about how mediocre Andy Dalton is (a former legit MVP candidate who has lead the Bengals to their most successful sustained stretch in team history as a 2nd round pick).

Clearly if this guy thinks Ryan Finley is the future, we should all bow before him. Dude's got an eye for talent.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:39 PM)NKURyan Wrote: FWIW I didn't really interpret his post that way, I think he's just giving two of the most well known players as an example.

But they were terrible examples. Those guys obviously are world class, and don’t need every last rep like Ross does.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Marvin had a winning record too, did most here consider him a good coach?

Actually... yeah, I think so.

Doesn't mean he didn't wear out his welcome after 16 years. You can want a guy can and still think he's good at his job.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:45 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Actually... yeah, I think so.

Doesn't mean he didn't wear out his welcome after 16 years. You can want a guy can and still think he's good at his job.

Really? Cause I remember a lot of “Mediocre Merv” and blaming him for all our prime time and playoff woes.

So my point is Marvin got it every bit as bad as Dalton, if not worse. Despite a winning record.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 12:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Marvin had a winning record too, did most here consider him a good coach?

Yes. Most considered him a good coach whose time was up. Marvin did what he could and turned us from the worst team in the 90s to a playoff team. He couldn't get us any higher, but he was a good coach. He wasn't perfect and he should have left/been fired sooner, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he was a good coach.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote