Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 11:50 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Bring it!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 11:38 PM)Brimey Wrote: I'm not a Dalton hater, I see him for what he is though. All the stats have been inflated for QBs. It's not fair to compare stats like that.

And I'm not a defender of all things Dalton. In fact, Kenny Anderson is my all time favorite Bengal. That said, What Dalton has accomplished is overlooked because of the playoff deal. You (in general) cannot put that all on him. A lot of it is on Marvin, and most of it is on the whole team. Is Dalton the greatest Bengals QB right now, no, I didn't say that. I said when he's through, he will be. If they win the Super Bowl this year or in a couple of years, it won't even be a discussion.......
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 08:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And I'm not a defender of all things Dalton. In fact, Kenny Anderson is my all time favorite Bengal. That said, What Dalton has accomplished is overlooked because of the playoff deal. You (in general) cannot put that all on him. A lot of it is on Marvin, and most of it is on the whole team. Is Dalton the greatest Bengals QB right now, no, I didn't say that. I said when he's through, he will be. If they win the Super Bowl this year or in a couple of years, it won't even be a discussion.......

Agree 110%.  Kenny is also my all time favorite Bengal player.  But Dalton has achieved some good seasons, and his supporting cast has at times been...substandard.  Good post Sled.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Of course he’d jump right to the top of Bengals QB’s if he accomplishes something no one else has in winning a Super Bowl. Let’s see him win a single playoff game first though. Hell, let’s see him be anything but downright awful in a playoff game...

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 11:17 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Knew he'd get it figured out.  And he's still got preseason games to get better at it.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 11:17 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Everyone can take a deep breath now.

Reply/Quote

Now that is some sweet music to my ears

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 11:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Now that is some sweet music to my ears

I hear ya' buddy!   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 11:24 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Everyone can take a deep breath now.

No sigh of relief just yet but you gotta start stacking days somewhere.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They won playoff games, but neither of them took us to the playoffs 5 years in a row. So see, there's lots of ways to look at it.  Dalton has been here half the time of Boomer and Kenny, and has almost as many touchdowns with less interceptions, will pass Esiason in yardage this season, been to the playoffs more, and did it with a team that was completely torn apart and put back together with rookies after the Palmer debacle. By the time Dalton is done here, he will be #1 in every category.

Agree somewhat but it is impossible to compare fairly. 

He has been here more than half the time of both though playing in 109 games to Kenny's 192 and Boomer's 187.

Dalton has 3,556 passing attempts to Kenny's 4,475, and Boomer's 5,205 attempts. Believe this to be way more than half too.

Dalton passes on average 32 times a game, Boomer 27, and Kenny only 23 times which is basically 40% less throws per game than Dalton. 

Not to mention Kenny played when bounties were put on QB's heads and was not protected by rules at all. Rules have changed for WR's to make it easier as well.

Still am a Dalton fan and believe by careers end he will be the best. 

But it is so hard to judge. All one can really do is compare where they ranked against other QB's in each ones day according to their stats instead of comparing to each other.   

But am really hoping Dalton gets that SB or 2, 3, or 4 of them and leaves no doubt. Kenny is my favorite but hoping Dalton puts him in his shadow in next few years. 

P.S. Do not even think Dalton needs a SB win or even to play in one to surpass the others. But he does needs some playoff wins notched on his belt to become best. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Wait, that can't be right.  According to many around here, this guy is a bum, wasted 1st round pick, hopefully we can salvage something out of him at Guard...  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 12:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wait, that can't be right.  According to many around here, this guy is a bum, wasted 1st round pick, hopefully we can salvage something out of him at Guard...  Ninja

One member even thinks he's going to be only as good as Bodine was.  
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 12:39 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Is not as sweet of music to my ears. Yet that is.  

But will take it and know it is going to be a work in progress this year. 

Believe the season will hinge on their development as a unit though. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 12:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wait, that can't be right.  According to many around here, this guy is a bum, wasted 1st round pick, hopefully we can salvage something out of him at Guard...  Ninja

If only they had some way to coach them up before the season, say like a camp, where they could train, to play in the NFL and work on their weaknesses coming out of college...... Maybe even have some practice games that don't count.......
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 12:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If only they had some way to coach them up before the season, say like a camp, where they could train, to play in the NFL and work on their weaknesses coming out of college...... Maybe even have some practice games that don't count.......

You should be the commissioner.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote