Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
Thanks to The Real Deal, Brad and Jake for the updates at Camp. :andy:

Happy Price didn't mess up too many snaps, gonna take time. Nice to see Andrew Brown showing something.

Need to get Dunlap signed and the great Geno. Brad is right, he is the best DT in the game. Maybe ever.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2018, 01:24 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Lame  Really?

Ya know I take nothing personally. But I do believe Watson would out pace Dalton in the same offense. Watson will make more mistakes at this point in his career and his health may prevent him from reaching potential. Or, not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 12:05 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: So it is not worthy of a discussion when your projected rookie starter continues to have trouble snapping the football??

I am rooting for him and know he has 5 or 6 weeks to fix it, I also know if we use the he has to earn the starting position like we did with our kicker a year ago, he could be in trouble to be starting week 1 right now.
But, I hope and think he fixes it and as I have said, may not in 2018, but I see a stud and all pro at center with Price long term.

I think it can be. But people are already suggesting we move him to guard or that we install a different offense to help him transition learning the snap and we havent even played a minute of game. Bodine was having issues with snaps in training camp as well his rookie year but he had no problems once the season started. Lots of rookie centers have snap issues when they are first starting. 
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 01:26 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I think it can be. But people are already suggesting we move him to guard or that we install a different offense to help him transition learning the snap and we havent even played a minute of game. Bodine was having issues with snaps in training camp as well his rookie year but he had no problems once the season started. Lots of rookie centers have snap issues when they are first starting. 

The truth.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 01:10 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Ya know I take nothing personally. But I do believe Watson would out pace Dalton in the same offense. Watson will make more mistakes at this point in his career and his health may prevent him from reaching potential. Or, not.

I just think he's tons unproven at this point and the jury is still out to see how he performs this year, as the teams now have a bit of tape to look off of.

Like Fred says, tons too early to put these first and second year guys on pedestals, as there is just such little track record.

Otherwise, Kaepernick would be one of the greatest QBs since 2000.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 11:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, don't believe the numbers..... Hilarious
It's not Dalton that folds in Primetime and Playoff games, it's the whole team.....

indeed

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think one thing we really lacked the past 2 season was team chemistry. A lot of trust was lost between coaches, players and each other after the 2015 meltdown.

All of this new talent is generating positive chemistry among the players. It sounds like every single player is invested in what they need to do to help the team.

It's the most underrated part of any team that you can't quite measure, but you know is important.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 02:36 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think one thing we really lacked the past 2 season was team chemistry. A lot of trust was lost between coaches, players and each other after the 2015 meltdown.

All of this new talent is generating positive chemistry among the players. It sounds like every single player is invested in what they need to do to help the team.

It's the most underrated part of any team that you can't quite measure, but you know is important.

Yeah, even Dre mentioned that in an article I read. He said the team chemistry ins't what it needed to be, and I think that may be a contributing problem to some of our meltdowns. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 01:26 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I think it can be. But people are already suggesting we move him to guard or that we install a different offense to help him transition learning the snap and we havent even played a minute of game. Bodine was having issues with snaps in training camp as well his rookie year but he had no problems once the season started. Lots of rookie centers have snap issues when they are first starting. 

Have mentioned the move myself. Only as a last ditch effort "if" he does not pick it up like we all think he will though.

Even then it was only to point out that Price will not be a wasted pick and he will be a stud for Bengals regardless imo. 

Believe both them Buckeyes are going to work out just fine. 

Just need former Cards Mr. Preston Brown to play like I know he will, and Jonathan Brown to beat out Bullock (doubt it) and all the world will be perfect. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 01:21 AM)psychdoctor Wrote:   

A QB is measured by playoff wins and championships.  Simple as that.  

In that case, Dalton is clearly third best. Boomer and Anderson both won playoff games and both got us to a SB. One could argue Palmer was better than Dalton but over his career here and elsewhere his play was up and down. 

For me Dalton does not inspire confidence - when we really need a play or a game I never see him step it up a notch or two. That is what wins key games for me. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
The icing on the cake with Price, Hubbard, and Preston Brown is that they are all Ohio boys.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 03:00 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: In that case, Dalton is clearly third best. Boomer and Anderson both won playoff games and both got us to a SB. One could argue Palmer was better than Dalton but over his career here and elsewhere his play was up and down. 

For me Dalton does not inspire confidence - when we really need a pl uay or a game I never see him step it up a notch or two. That is what wins key games for me. 
The knock I see in Dalton is that he doesn't exhibit an Aura that elite quarterback exude. With that said, he has led the team in some pretty amazing comebacks.  Just the entire team sputters in the playoffs. I know it's a team sport but more often then not, it is the intangibles that lead a team through the ups and downs of a playoff game. I am still waiting to see those intangibles from Andy.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 03:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The icing on the cake with Price, Hubbard, and Preston Brown is that they are all Ohio boys.

Ohio State is pretty strong with our fans. Also with Browns fans. I think I read somewhere that MB has leaned heavier on Ohio State players. I can't prove it but I'm sure Fred has those stats for us. Probably read it on here.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 03:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The knock I see in Dalton is that he doesn't exhibit an Aura that elite quarterback exude. With that said, he has led the team in some pretty amazing comebacks.  

Seattle and Patriots are my favorite. Good Lord, I was on pins and needles both those games. Almost like it was yesterday.

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 03:00 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: In that case, Dalton is clearly third best. Boomer and Anderson both won playoff games and both got us to a SB. One could argue Palmer was better than Dalton but over his career here and elsewhere his play was up and down. 

They won playoff games, but neither of them took us to the playoffs 5 years in a row. So see, there's lots of ways to look at it.  Dalton has been here half the time of Boomer and Kenny, and has almost as many touchdowns with less interceptions, will pass Esiason in yardage this season, been to the playoffs more, and did it with a team that was completely torn apart and put back together with rookies after the Palmer debacle. By the time Dalton is done here, he will be #1 in every category.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 11:19 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: This. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 

Prime time and playoffs. Still to be proven otherwise. 

Well what the hell did Cook do in that regard?
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 07:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Seattle and Patriots are my favorite. Good Lord, I was on pins and needles both those games. Almost like it was yesterday.

That game against Baltimore was amazing! They had a couple when they came back against Baltimore. That game in Seattle was pretty good.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:26 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Well what the hell did Cook do in that regard?

That is the thing, Cook probably had the most talent of all Bengal QB's but didn't get a chance.  No way to know for sure though...
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 09:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They won playoff games, but neither of them took us to the playoffs 5 years in a row. So see, there's lots of ways to look at it.  Dalton has been here half the time of Boomer and Kenny, and has almost as many touchdowns with less interceptions, will pass Esiason in yardage this season, been to the playoffs more, and did it with a team that was completely torn apart and put back together with rookies after the Palmer debacle. By the time Dalton is done here, he will be #1 in every category.

I'm not a Dalton hater, I see him for what he is though. All the stats have been inflated for QBs. It's not fair to compare stats like that.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote