Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(07-25-2018, 02:15 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Cook was in his third year.

But I agree Wink

Wow, I really thought Cook was a rookie. I guess it was because I didn’t consider 2007 due to being on PS and in 2008 he only played in 5 games all on ST before going on IR in mid-Oct. Good catch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pro Football Weekly's predictions has us as having the worst record in the league next year at 4-12, one game behind the 5-11 Browns. They also have Geno Atkins not listed in the top-5 for INTERIOR defensive linemen. You know who they DO have? Cameron Heyward. Idiots.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 09:35 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Pro Football Weekly's predictions has us as having the worst record in the league next year at 4-12, one game behind the 5-11 Browns. They also have Geno Atkins not listed in the top-5 for INTERIOR defensive linemen. You know who they DO have? Cameron Heyward. Idiots.

You gotta' be kidding me!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 10:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You gotta' be kidding me!

Nope. Was reading the magazine as I was checking out of a grocery store. Couldn't believe it myself. They didn't even have Burfict in the top 20 for LB's. They actually had Kirkpatrick as "best of the rest" for CB though. 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 09:35 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Pro Football Weekly's predictions has us as having the worst record in the league next year at 4-12, one game behind the 5-11 Browns. They also have Geno Atkins not listed in the top-5 for INTERIOR defensive linemen. You know who they DO have? Cameron Heyward. Idiots.

As Lynyrd Skynyryrd once said …."People said he was useless, them people all were fools." 

On the bright side though there may be a profitable  over/under Vegas line to bet on Bengals for us believers. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 01:26 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I think this will be around a 9 win team for the reasons highlighted by Real Deal.  That *might* be good enough to back into the playoffs.  The team may catch lightning in a bottle this season, being there are some veterans in key positions, but I fully expect 2019 to be the year we see the real benefit....or lack thereof....of these changes.

My gut says they are an 8-9 win team this year. Feels like it's one if those years the Browns get us once. They probably split with Baltimore. We know what happens when they play Pittsburg.

But... A lucky bounce here and there, and they could get 10 or 11 wins, and have a shot at the division.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

[Image: f6g6u9O.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 01:07 AM)Go Cards Wrote: As Lynyrd Skynyryrd once said …."People said he was useless, them people all were fools." 

On the bright side though there may be a profitable  over/under Vegas line to bet on Bengals for us believers. 

I seriously would love to drop a few bucks in Vegas in favor of the Bengals winning the SB. Odds are probably ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 06:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Wow, I really thought Cook was a rookie. I guess it was because I didn’t consider 2007 due to being on PS and in 2008 he only played in 5 games all on ST before going on IR in mid-Oct. Good catch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem!

I just remembered that people on the mothership were calling him a bum before he even started the season, because, "he hasn't seen meaningful time in 2 years; he'll be just as bad as Gutcheck."

Think Gutcheck had a great handshake and knew where to hit the ketchup bottle too?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Eiffert tweaked back in spring and will start training camp on PUP per Rapoport.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 09:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: Eiffert tweaked back in spring and will start training camp on PUP per Rapoport.

And so it begins. I say hold him out all season in hopes we make a playoff game and play him then.
Reply/Quote
Eifert will never play another down. He's just collecting the 5.5m the Bengals were foolish enough to sign him for. They just struggle to let go. Who will we lose Dennard, Kroft, Dunlap, or Atkins, because we can't afford to extend them after wasting 5.5 in cap space for someone we all knew would never play again?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 10:59 AM)jj22 Wrote: Eifert will never play another down. He's just collecting the 5.5m the Bengals were foolish enough to sign him for. They just struggle to let go. Who will we lose Dennard, Kroft, Dunlap, or Atkins, because we can't afford to extend them after wasting 5.5 in cap space for someone we all knew would never play again?

Actually his 1 year deal has no impact on extending anyone else from a cap stand point. That money is applied towards this year and any extension is in regards to future money unless they try to add extra signing bonus this year to take some pressure off the back, but that can still be accomplished. Either way, there are a lot of things about this not to like however this reason is not a reason at all.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 09:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: Eiffert tweaked back in spring and will start training camp on PUP per Rapoport.

I am in no way, shape, or form counting on Eiff to have any kind of impact on this team this year. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

No biggie.

He says he feels fine, so that means that when he DOES get on the field, he'll play until he gets broken again... unless he's fully healed at that point.

Which means we'll get SOMETHING out of him...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
On a twice surgically repaired back, not sure any back issue is a “tweak”, imho.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 11:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am in no way, shape, or form counting on Eiff to have any kind of impact on this team this year. 

Yeah, pretty much of a waste. I had hoped, but bringing him back was a perfect example of the definition of insanity.

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 11:03 AM)Au165 Wrote: Actually his 1 year deal has no impact on extending anyone else from a cap stand point. That money is applied towards this year and any extension is in regards to future money unless they try to add extra signing bonus this year to take some pressure off the back, but that can still be accomplished. Either way, there are a lot of things about this not to like however this reason is not a reason at all.

I'm not sure about that. They could have used that 5.5m to help extend Dennard this past offseason for example instead of re-signing Eifert. But we will probably lose him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 11:07 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am in no way, shape, or form counting on Eiff to have any kind of impact on this team this year. 

Why not? He has yet to play all 16 games in a season, and has only played in 10 games the last two seasons. 

Lol.  Worst part is someone that may have a legit chance to make the team will get shuffled out on cut day so Eifert can play 2 games this season.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-26-2018, 07:22 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I seriously would love to drop a few bucks in Vegas in favor of the Bengals winning the SB. Odds are probably ridiculous.

Most likely so and worth a swing, but bet the over/under on season wins is almost a gimme. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote