Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
They made a lot of non-Bengal like moves in the off season that should improve the team.

I would feel a lot better if they had fired Marv.

Excited about season but prepared to be disappointed and expect two losses to Steelers until such time as Marv is gone.

I have no hope of a Super Bowl trip or winning a playoff game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 03:09 PM)3wt Wrote: Wonderful news - hopefully not fake news!

And I LOVE your Sig

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, but I loved the original uniforms - including the helmet.  Would just like to have seen the black pants as an option for the white jerseys.   Hard to believe Reid was such a musician.

Absolutely - loved the old uni's as well.  Good call.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 02:28 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: What is the point of having Rookies in two days before everyone else?

I figure it's to get them familiar with the area and stuff like that but is there more to it?

So basically like the first day at a job is mostly meetings paperwork learning about the facility etc...   get a locker   get a little head start on the playbook  and some basic fundementals.
Reply/Quote
Am optimistic going into season with all the solid moves made in off season.

Agree as well though that the Bengals may be a year off still without several no name players stepping up big. Which could happen if everybody buys in to the new coaches.

It will be a exciting camp and preseason for a change with plenty to watch with interest personally.

Obviously the right side of OL will have most fans undivided attention. Yet have so much more to pique or interest with new DC, QB coach, OL coach, the John Ross saga, all WR's not named AJ for that matter, nice rookie crop, great 2nd year crop, new toys Preston (Go Cards) Brown and Cordy Glen, and the fragility of Tyler Eiffert just to name a few .

Fun times !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 12:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not ruling anything out with Frank Pollack as our new O-line coach.

Hart sucks, Fish we still do not know about. Perkins or Taylor are also thoughts here.

Redmond is 6'5" with length and power, he is definately in the running at RG and RT.

Interesting way of not ruling anything out I guess...LOL
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:Cordy Glenn - Clint Boling - Billy Price - Christian Westerman - Alexander Redmond

I like that line, Nate. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I'm of the opinion that Ogbuehi and Fisher are already as good as they're going to get. Won't hurt to give Westerman and Redmond a real shot to see if they're ready.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 06:00 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Interesting way of not ruling anything out I guess...LOL

Ha, just going off what all the Florida State fans have said.

These guys know a lot more about him then i do and they say Hart sucks big time.

(07-24-2018, 06:38 PM)snowy Wrote: I like that line, Nate. I'm trying to keep an open mind, but I'm of the opinion that Ogbuehi and Fisher are already as good as they're going to get. Won't hurt to give Westerman and Redmond a real shot to see if they're ready.

Feel the same especially about Ogbuehi, i haven't gave up on Fisher i just think we should have more of a mauler at
RT then Fisher who i truly believe fits best at LT and that is Cordy's spot it seems. I have seen lots of good out of both
Westerman namely and then Redmond has shown some nasty to him, something Pollack says he wants in his Lineman.

Have to keep an open mind, still haven't heard much about who Pollack has liked the most for RT, If anything.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 05:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So basically like the first day at a job is mostly meetings paperwork learning about the facility etc...   get a locker   get a little head start on the playbook  and some basic fundementals.

Pshaw, if I were HC, I'd make them run, a lot.  Then, I'd make all the top draft picks carry me around the stadium in an Emperor's chair.  But that's just me..   Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reports are looking glim(mer) for Eifert.

https://www.bengals.com/news/notebook-preston-emerging-in-tez-absence-eifert-status-unknown-mike-brown-handle

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 08:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Reports are looking glim(mer) for Eifert.

https://www.bengals.com/news/notebook-preston-emerging-in-tez-absence-eifert-status-unknown-mike-brown-handle

My philosophy on him is proceed as if you'll never have him and if he ever plays, it's gravy.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 08:28 PM)jj22 Wrote: Reports are looking glim(mer) for Eifert.

So nothing has changed from 2 months ago?

How is that g®immer?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pshaw, if I were HC, I'd make them run, a lot.  Then, I'd make all the top draft picks carry me around the stadium in an Emperor's chair.  But that's just me..   Cool

Sounds about right. They gotta know who's in charge.

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 09:59 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: So nothing has changed from 2 months ago?

How is that g®immer?

Because even now Duke sounds like he doesn't have much faith Eifert will ever return.

Highlights not only a waste of money, but once again the Front Office is struggling to move on. Just imagine what that 5.5 million could have went to (extensions, if not a free agent).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 06:42 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: On paper the off-season moves look good. I’m in the “prove it” camp though. 

Last year they had an absolute train wreck for an O line and won 7 games. They also held 4th quarter leads against PIT, GB and TEN. If our D had prevented last drive TDs by Mariota and Rodgers we would have had 9 wins and made the playoffs in front of the Bills since we had beaten them head to head. I think with Price, Glenn and our new O line coach alone we have to be good for at least 1 or 2 more wins. Add improvements in other areas and playoffs are not out of reach by any means.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 12:04 PM)Beaker Wrote: Last year they had an absolute train wreck for an O line and won 7 games. They also held 4th quarter leads against PIT, GB and TEN. If our D had prevented last drive TDs by Mariota and Rodgers we would have had 9 wins and made the playoffs in front of the Bills since we had beaten them head to head. I think with Price, Glenn and our new O line coach alone we have to be good for at least 1 or 2 more wins. Add improvements in other areas and playoffs are not out of reach by any means.

I agree with you.  Winning 7 games last year under the conditions we faced was actually quite a feat.  This year, you factor in all the changes and improvements, and I'd say we're playoff bound.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I want to believe Price is our answer at center, but lets not forget this is his first year, there is a learning curve. I'm not so sure about Redmond at tackle, size is important, but so is knowledge of the job. I have a great feeling about our line this season. We must give them a chance to jell. I'm hoping we can put them in place early in camp. GO BENGALS.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 12:04 PM)Beaker Wrote: Last year they had an absolute train wreck for an O line and won 7 games. They also held 4th quarter leads against PIT, GB and TEN. If our D had prevented last drive TDs by Mariota and Rodgers we would have had 9 wins and made the playoffs in front of the Bills since we had beaten them head to head. I think with Price, Glenn and our new O line coach alone we have to be good for at least 1 or 2 more wins. Add improvements in other areas and playoffs are not out of reach by any means.

Nice post Beaker, completely agree with yah. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 12:23 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: I want to believe Price is our answer at center, but lets not forget this is his first year, there is a learning curve. I'm not so sure about  Redmond at tackle, size is important, but so is knowledge of the  job.  I have a great feeling about our line this season. We must give them a chance to jell. I'm hoping we can put them in place early in camp. GO BENGALS.

So who do you see playing RT then? 
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 12:25 PM)sandwedge Wrote: So who do you see playing RT then? 

Fisher if hes healthy should take that spot
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 12:23 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: I want to believe Price is our answer at center, but lets not forget this is his first year, there is a learning curve. I'm not so sure about  Redmond at tackle, size is important, but so is knowledge of the  job.  I have a great feeling about our line this season. We must give them a chance to jell. I'm hoping we can put them in place early in camp. GO BENGALS.

Price will be better than Bodine...even in his first year. That alone will makes a difference.
Reply/Quote