Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
What is the point of having Rookies in two days before everyone else?

I figure it's to get them familiar with the area and stuff like that but is there more to it?
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 06:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is a good idea, i am excited this year. Finally got that stud Center i have been asking for for like 10 frickin' years.

Dalton might actually have a pocket to step into and we might have some semblance of a running game.

We already got the RB's and weapons, we just needed that Line and i have confidence in the guy coaching up the Line
unlike Piano Heinz 57 Man. Looking for an O-line that looks like this the closer we get to the season...

Cordy Glenn - Clint Boling - Billy Price - Christian Westerman - Alexander Redmond

The amazing thing is, when I read your (and mine) starting offensive line:  Only Boling was here as a starter in week 1 last year.  Wow.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 08:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Redmond will not be at RT.  Sorry.  :).  It will be Fisher or OG most likely unless Fisher has remaining health issues.  Maybe outside chance for Hart.  

If Pollack is true to his word, and essentially the positions are open for battle, he absolutely has a chance.  The kid is 23 years old and is already one of the strongest, if not the strongest, guys on the team.  6'5", 330 lbs, 33 and 1/4" arms...he certainly is built like a RT. 

Fisher and Og both are only under contract one more year.  If they are all going to need contracts next year, shouldn't it really come down to talent and play on the field?  I know we have seen questionable decision making in this before, but I have a feeling that Pollack is going to be trying to find a spot for Redmond.

The only other scenario I liked was Boling to LT, Glenn to RT, Price at C, Westerman LG, and Redmond RG.

Jesus, that is 700 lbs on the right side of the line.  
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 08:28 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: What happened in 1969 in Hiroshima?

Lol. 1945. Well that’s a little embarrassing. I was so pumped, I over-ran my route.

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 06:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The amazing thing is, when I read your (and mine) starting offensive line:  Only Boling was here as a starter in week 1 last year.  Wow.  

[Image: 23220639.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 08:28 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: What happened in 1969 in Hiroshima?

The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor....
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 06:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If Pollack is true to his word, and essentially the positions are open for battle, he absolutely has a chance.  The kid is 23 years old and is already one of the strongest, if not the strongest, guys on the team.  6'5", 330 lbs, 33 and 1/4" arms...he certainly is built like a RT. 

Fisher and Og both are only under contract one more year.  If they are all going to need contracts next year, shouldn't it really come down to talent and play on the field?  I know we have seen questionable decision making in this before, but I have a feeling that Pollack is going to be trying to find a spot for Redmond.

The only other scenario I liked was Boling to LT, Glenn to RT, Price at C, Westerman LG, and Redmond RG.

Spot on IMHO

I have very near zero faith like .01% that Ogbuehi is gonna suddenly blossom into a kick @zz and take names beast of a tackle. If he does and has an all pro season I'd be elated ! But him being cut isn't totally off the table as I see it. 

I'm not sure what to make of Fisher, I'm not ready to write him off like I am Ogbuehi. But I have doubts he's an answer either ?

I'd guess that Hart is most likely a backup but I don't know a lot about him. Glenn, Price, and Boling are the only one's I'd say are surefire starters. Who becomes the other two starters is very much up in the air.
Reply/Quote
This article successfully highlights SOME of my concerns going into camp.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/807050002

Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 09:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Eifert sounding upbeat...

Better get the Ovaltine decoder ring out.  I think this is cryptic for:  I'll look real good stretching out on the rehab field
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor....

Well, so much for all those history classes.
Reply/Quote
Mock Turtle soup (cause Mike Brown is too cheap to serve the real thing) is today with interviews with MB, Marvin, and the Coordinators, so we should have some good updates starting today.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I was hoping to see something about the Rookies reporting yesterday but that didn't happen. So we read stories about how we are celebrating our 30 year anniversary of our last SB.... Hopefully, we don't kill that like we did with our 50th anniversary last year...
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 08:15 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Redmond will not be at RT.  Sorry.  :).  It will be Fisher or OG most likely unless Fisher has remaining health issues.  Maybe outside chance for Hart.  

Not ruling anything out with Frank Pollack as our new O-line coach.

Hart sucks, Fish we still do not know about. Perkins or Taylor are also thoughts here.

Redmond is 6'5" with length and power, he is definately in the running at RG and RT.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 06:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The amazing thing is, when I read your (and mine) starting offensive line:  Only Boling was here as a starter in week 1 last year.  Wow.  

Yeah, i like it, change that shit up.

(07-24-2018, 06:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: If Pollack is true to his word, and essentially the positions are open for battle, he absolutely has a chance.  The kid is 23 years old and is already one of the strongest, if not the strongest, guys on the team.  6'5", 330 lbs, 33 and 1/4" arms...he certainly is built like a RT. 

We think the same, i know that is a lot of changing it up but that just fits all our best guys on the Line at what
seems to be the positions they would be best at. With Pollack as the new OLC i would put nothing past him.

Dude is intense as everyone says, he should get the best guys out there.

Hart is not the best guy and obviously neither is Ogbuehi.

(07-24-2018, 08:07 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: [Image: 23220639.jpg]

Lol, yes it is.
Reply/Quote
I'm currently satisfied with what happened in the offseason (mostly) and I believe the team is headed in the right direction. I could see a winning season again, perhaps a playoff berth. I don't have confidence this team could go deep in the playoffs yet. I think they are still one season away and next offseason will be very important to solidify the right side of the OL and maybe add another quality WR, LB, and DL to account for departing old veterans LaFell, MJ, and VRey. This is also assuming the Bengals are able to retain both Atkins and Dunlap. I also think at least one TE will be drafted given Eifert, Kroft, and Uzomah all hit FA next year.

Best-case scenario (for me at least) is the incumbents this year make good enough strides to not have to worry about the right side of the OL or WRs so the team can focus on TE and defense early in the draft and/or in FA.

I'm excited to see the growth this team goes through not only in TC but also through the whole year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm currently satisfied with what happened in the offseason (mostly) and I believe the team is headed in the right direction. I could see a winning season again, perhaps a playoff berth. I don't have confidence this team could go deep in the playoffs yet. I think they are still one season away and next offseason will be very important to solidify the right side of the OL and maybe add another quality WR, LB, and DL to account for departing old veterans LaFell, MJ, and VRey. This is also assuming the Bengals are able to retain both Atkins and Dunlap. I also think at least one TE will be drafted given Eifert, Kroft, and Uzomah all hit FA next year.

Best-case scenario (for me at least) is the incumbents this year make good enough strides to not have to worry about the right side of the OL or WRs so the team can focus on TE and defense early in the draft and/or in FA.

I'm excited to see the growth this team goes through not only in TC but also through the whole year.

Great post Ocho. Agree with pretty much everything you said. Need to extend both Geno and Dunlap then i think we
are about a year away from truly being that contender. It will take some time for our new pieces to really become that
dominant force we need, but it has been a very good Offseason and one heck of a start.

I expect us to do well this year, but to think we will win in the Postseason just isn't something i can think can happen
with Marv knowing his impeccable record lol

Will have to see it before i can believe it, but with a good running game it is definately possible.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 02:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm currently satisfied with what happened in the offseason (mostly) and I believe the team is headed in the right direction. I could see a winning season again, perhaps a playoff berth. I don't have confidence this team could go deep in the playoffs yet. I think they are still one season away and next offseason will be very important to solidify the right side of the OL and maybe add another quality WR, LB, and DL to account for departing old veterans LaFell, MJ, and VRey. This is also assuming the Bengals are able to retain both Atkins and Dunlap. I also think at least one TE will be drafted given Eifert, Kroft, and Uzomah all hit FA next year.

I'm right there with ya. I've got to see more before I go all in on the playoffs.

(07-24-2018, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great post Ocho. Agree with pretty much everything you said. Need to extend both Geno and Dunlap then i think we
are about a year away from truly being that contender. It will take some time for our new pieces to really become that
dominant force we need, but it has been a very good Offseason and one heck of a start.

I expect us to do well this year, but to think we will win in the Postseason just isn't something i can think can happen
with Marv knowing his impeccable record lol

Will have to see it before i can believe it, but with a good running game it is definately possible.

I hear ya,

I think it good/great running game is critical for the success of this team.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 06:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is a good idea, i am excited this year. Finally got that stud Center i have been asking for for like 10 frickin' years.

Dalton might actually have a pocket to step into and we might have some semblance of a running game.

We already got the RB's and weapons, we just needed that Line and i have confidence in the guy coaching up the Line
unlike Piano Heinz 57 Man. Looking for an O-line that looks like this the closer we get to the season...

Cordy Glenn - Clint Boling - Billy Price - Christian Westerman - Alexander Redmond

I think its all connected... A Good run game should help hold back the pass rush...  A Better line is more time for Dalton...

More time for Dalton = possibly a return of 2015 Dalton.

Plus are weapons are here and healthy.

what I want from TC

Healthy Eifert   Or up the use of kroft and Hewitt
John Ross Snaps
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2018, 09:41 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Eifert sounding upbeat...

Wonderful news - hopefully not fake news!

And I LOVE your Sig

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, but I loved the original uniforms - including the helmet.  Would just like to have seen the black pants as an option for the white jerseys.   Hard to believe Reid was such a musician.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2018, 03:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think its all connected... A Good run game should help hold back the pass rush...  A Better line is more time for Dalton...

More time for Dalton = possibly a return of 2015 Dalton.

Plus are weapons are here and healthy.

what I want from TC

Healthy Eifert   Or up the use of kroft and Hewitt
John Ross Snaps

Yes, it all correlates and starts with the O-line.

Last time our O-line was decent we were 8-0 and Dalton was an MVP candidate and that was without Joe Mixon.

If Eifert and Ross can stay healthy look out, this team will destroy teams Offensively and that will keep our D fresh.

(07-24-2018, 03:09 PM)3wt Wrote: Wonderful news - hopefully not fake news!

And I LOVE your Sig

I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority, but I loved the original uniforms - including the helmet.  Would just like to have seen the black pants as an option for the white jerseys.   Hard to believe Reid was such a musician.

Holic don't pedal no fakes news man!
Reply/Quote