Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Transgender Boys Playing Boys Sports?
(03-10-2021, 03:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Liberals think that there should be no rules or standards in anything 

I wish the conservative echo chamber could get their message straight.

Just yesterday they were saying that Liberals want to control everyone and take away everyone's freedom with oppressive rules and standards.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 03:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not at all but we think that there needs to be lines drawn somewhere.

Liberals think that there should be no rules or standards in anything and nothing should be sacred.

Weren't you just upset because you thought liberals were banning racist dr Seuss books?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 06:25 PM)Benton Wrote: Weren't you just upset because you thought liberals were banning racist dr Seuss books?

That's what I mean by no standards and they're just upset and offended by whatever is convenient to play the victim at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 06:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's what I mean by no standards 

Well there is the problem.  That is not what anyone else means by "no standards" when a book is supposedly banned because of a set standard.  If liberals had "no standards" then they would not ban anything.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 06:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's what I mean by no standards and they're just upset and offended by whatever is convenient to play the victim at the moment.

Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fed1uffvhzt6xue0bx...=giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 06:58 PM)GMDino Wrote: Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fed1uffvhzt6xue0bx...=giphy.gif]

Top of the morning to ya!

I know you won't get that.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 06:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: That's what I mean by no standards and they're just upset and offended by whatever is convenient to play the victim at the moment.

I understand what you're trying to say, but in the last week:

You've criticized a business for trying to reduce racism and criticized "the left" for trying to be more inclusive to transgender people. It comes off as: racism is acceptable because the left is against it and transgender rights aren't acceptable because the left is for them.

Which I don't think is your intent.

Personally, I miss the old gop that was like 'do your thing as long as it doesn't stop me from doing my thing.'
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 09:01 PM)Benton Wrote: Personally, I miss the old gop that was like 'do your thing as long as it doesn't stop me from doing my thing.'

Me too.  I think that kind of libertarianism has, unfairly, really been dragged through the mud of late.  However, on that point, I would say that allowing a biological male to compete in women's sports, especially at an age where the hormone treatments could not have yet erased a biological advantage, absolutely affects the women being competed against and stops them from "doing their thing".

Lastly, because this needs to be said in this day and age, I don't harbor any ill will towards transgender people of any stripe, just pointing out how, in this instance, they are affecting other people in a potentially negative fashion.
Reply/Quote
Anyone heard about this transphobic nonsense?

[Image: super-straight-movement-tiktok-1615134223580.jpg]

Fits right in on this thread.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Super%20Straight

And yeah, I've been seeing this on social media. It is actually a thing some trolls are trying to get going.

Edit to add: the problematic part of it all is that the messaging is that they only like "real" men or women, thus trying to dismiss the trans identity.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2021, 09:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Me too.  I think that kind of libertarianism has, unfairly, really been dragged through the mud of late.  However, on that point, I would say that allowing a biological male to compete in women's sports, especially at an age where the hormone treatments could not have yet erased a biological advantage, absolutely affects the women being competed against and stops them from "doing their thing".

Lastly, because this needs to be said in this day and age, I don't harbor any ill will towards transgender people of any stripe, just pointing out how, in this instance, they are affecting other people in a potentially negative fashion.

The horror!!! Seriously though,  there are plenty of kids to exploit,  it's the transgender kids turn. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2021, 04:32 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: The horror!!! Seriously though,  there are plenty of kids to exploit,  it's the transgender kids turn. 

That's kind of a nauseating take.
Reply/Quote