Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender Girl Scout cookie sales
(02-18-2016, 07:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Words don't bother me.   I'm not one of the handful of crybabies who piss and moan about words.    Someone actually complained about transmission.  Whoever did should never come forth and claim their high level of pussdome.    

Besides the Mods are great here and don't deserve the hassle of petty nonsense like that anyway.

Wow, a straight white male who isn't offended by derogatory terms thrown at minorities.  Man, you're a true hero! Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-18-2016, 07:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Words don't bother me.  

Of course they don't.  You are in the privileged class of straight, white, Christian, healthy males.

You have to be a member of the discriminated class for the words to mean anything.
(02-18-2016, 07:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've been avoiding these threads because they become a shit show every time and I'm not going to bother going down that rabbit hole any longer. I did want to address this, though. I am not going to say whether you are intentional with this or not, no one knows your motives but you, but the inference that gets taken away from your posts when you call a member of the trans community a "transmission", a "transformer", or misgender them is that you are doing it in a derogatory sense and it is disrespectful. Edit to add: When you refer to a person as an inanimate object or an animal it is almost always going to come across as disrespectful because it is perceived as you putting them at a lower status, a sub-human status.

I've given up on this sort of thing because my opinion on what is juvenile and disrespectful has shown to be less tolerant of these sorts of shenanigans than the opinions of others. But feigning ignorance with this when it has been explained a number of times is a bit ridiculous.

No I am aware of the ridiculous amount of pronouns and labels. I just choose to not play that game because I think life is hard enough for these people who are obviously mentally confused and need serious counseling and help. Me just going along with their mental condition isn't helping them at all, it may seem harsh but we do none of them any favors by playing along with their mental perceptions. Do you tell a wildly obese person they are fit because they believe they are or do you encourage them to get help?

This is where I am coming from when I do these things. I don't do it to make fun of a *****. Heck I just watched an interview with a one who said the labeling is dumb. You might appreciate it actually.

(02-18-2016, 07:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So you think neighbors know every foster kid in a house?   And the photo is obvious with the foster mom.     Please don't force me to make a guess the t-ranny game out of it.

You are well aware that the staff made the decision to put that word on the filtered list. Please refrain from trying to sneak it in via added characters.

Thanks, BJ
(02-18-2016, 07:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course they don't.  You are in the privileged class of straight, white, Christian, healthy males.

You have to be a member of the discriminated class for the words to mean anything.

Privileged? Lol ok.
(02-18-2016, 07:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: You are well aware that the staff made the decision to put that word on the filtered list. Please refrain from trying to sneak it in via added characters.

Thanks, BJ

No I know. I wasn't trying. I wanted to make are there was no confusion since other words were being tossed around as well. I will change it.
(02-18-2016, 05:36 PM)Benton Wrote: Going forward, I would encourage everyone to avoid using the term transmission or anything else along those lines. It's a derogatory term, and I appreciate everyone's effort in keep things civil.

If invented synonyms are so barbarous, perhaps the topic should be banned all together.

Bunch of hairy toasters,  anyway !
Rant

Regardless, I wouldn't say anything derogatory to a little kid.
(02-18-2016, 07:31 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: No I am aware of the ridiculous amount of pronouns and labels.   I just choose to not play that game because I think life is hard enough for these people who are obviously mentally confused and need serious counseling and help.   Me just going along with their mental condition isn't helping them at all, it may seem harsh but we do none of them any favors by playing along with their mental perceptions.     Do you tell a wildly obese person they are fit because they believe they are or do you encourage them to get help?    

This is where I am coming from when I do these things.    I don't do it to make fun of a *****.   Heck I just watched an interview with a one who said the labeling is dumb.    You might appreciate it actually.  

Coming as someone that is very obese I can tell you that if someone were to "encourage me to get help" that didn't know me, I would find it to be very disrespectful. First, you don't know what circumstances that person has in their life that is causing the situation, whatever it may be. Second, maybe that person is happy the way they are and what right do you have to contradict that? People can be absolutely happy with their life as it is. Fat, trans, gay, whatever. But it just takes repeated bullying from assholes people that don't think that person should be happy the way they are because they don't fit their perception of what it normal and right with the world to make that person depressed.

Like I said, I'm not going to sit here and try to make anyone change the way they do things. I'm just trying to explain why these things can cause issues on here. It's been said that we should stick to the arguments and not make things personal and when we act in a disrespectful and derogatory manner towards people for being trans, gay, fat, black, Hispanic, Muslim, Christian, whatever, that is making it personal and it leads to an environment where healthy discourse cannot exist. So if we truly want to have a place where we can discuss topics in a mature manner, then we all ought to consider how we approach these thing.
(02-18-2016, 07:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe they just made the story up so saps would buy more cookies. 

It is entirely possible. I deal with patients seeking controlled substances inappropriately almost weekly if not weekly. I know people lie for secondary gain. Even when I suspect someone is lying to me I try not to be rude. When I confirm someone is lying to me I still try not to be rude. 
(02-18-2016, 06:56 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Cool story, Pacquiao 

and Pacquiao has used his own personal money and built over 1k homes for poor filpino families and he didn't discriminate.

What have you done?
(02-18-2016, 08:04 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: It is entirely possible. I deal with patients seeking controlled substances inappropriately almost weekly if not weekly. I know people lie for secondary gain. Even when I suspect someone is lying to me I try not to be rude. When I confirm someone is lying to me I still try not to be rude. 

I know I'm always amazed at how polite you are. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-18-2016, 07:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Words don't bother me.   I'm not one of the handful of crybabies who piss and moan about words.    Someone actually complained about transmission.  Whoever did should never come forth and claim their high level of pussdome.    

Besides the Mods are great here and don't deserve the hassle of petty nonsense like that anyway.

Being insulted as an adult is one thing. An adult insulting a 9 y/o kid is another.  
(02-18-2016, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know I'm always amazed at how polite you are. 

How many times have you observed me interacting with a patient or a child?
(02-18-2016, 08:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know I'm always amazed at how polite you are. 

It's his scary side....

(02-18-2016, 08:25 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Being insulted as an adult is one thing. An adult insulting a 9 y/o kid is another.  

I can agree with that. Nothing should've been said to the kid, it's not his fault he thinks the way he does.

However, there are a lot of people out there in this world that have little tact or they hide behind the "I call it as I see it" attitude and don't realize how rude it is to someone else.
Wowza, Lucie got the banhammer? Interesting the thing that sent him over the edge was rage induced by a girl scout. You can't make this stuff up.
(02-18-2016, 08:28 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How many times have you observed me interacting with a patient or a child?

So you are polite to your customers.

You observe me interacting with children all the time in this forum. 

(02-18-2016, 08:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you are polite to your customers.

You observe me interacting with children all the time in this forum. 

How would you feel if you're medical provider referred to you as a customer rather than a patient?  While caring for a patient does entail an aspect of customer service, it's mean than just a business transaction. To me, it feels demeaning to the patient to call them a "customer."

My question still stands. 
(02-18-2016, 08:58 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: How would you feel if you're medical provider referred to you as a customer rather than a patient?  While caring for a patient does entail an aspect of customer service, it's mean than just a business transaction. To me, it feels demeaning to the patient to call them a "customer."

My question still stands. 

Dr. treats me like a customer when his office sends me that bill.

But to answer I have never seen you with a patient and I have no doubt that you are polite to those, for whom, you provide a service. Even the one trying to obtain drugs illegally. 

I just found absolutely hilarious you tried to point to how polite you are; given your nature here. But don't mind me, I find a lot of what folks say on here to be very funny.   

(02-18-2016, 08:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's his scary side....

I can agree with that. Nothing should've been said to the kid, it's not his fault he thinks the way he does.

However, there are a lot of people out there in this world that have little tact or they hide behind the "I call it as I see it" attitude and don't realize how rude it is to someone else.

Imagine a 9 y/o in foster care.  Now imagine that foster kid with gender issues. Going door to door to sell Girl Scout cookies. I imagine that has to difficult. 

What I can't imagine is how an adult insulting that kid is hilarious. 
I wonder if the cookies he sold had CID (cookie identity disorder)??
You ask for a box of:
Caramel Delites
Peanut Butter Patties

you get a box of:
Mango Cremes
Thanks-a-lot

That would get annoying..