Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transgender bathroom bill passes through South Dakota Legislature
(02-18-2016, 11:59 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The school chose to not require them to use the gender neutral facility? 

Pretty sure, I'll see if I can find it. It may take some time doing a search with keyword transgender.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-18-2016, 12:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Pretty sure, I'll see if I can find it. It may take some time doing a search with keyword transgender.

lol, i bet, and it's ok. I'm just asking because it seems like the school accepted the change without a court order. I would agree with them if they stuck to their gender neutral facility policy and I would believe any court would do the same.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-18-2016, 12:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol, i bet, and it's ok. I'm just asking because it seems like the school accepted the change without a court order. I would agree with them if they stuck to their gender neutral facility policy and I would believe any court would do the same.

Slow day; I'm pretty sure this is it.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-High-school-locker-rooms-and-transgender?highlight=transgender
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-18-2016, 12:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: lol, i bet, and it's ok. I'm just asking because it seems like the school accepted the change without a court order. I would agree with them if they stuck to their gender neutral facility policy and I would believe any court would do the same.

Wasn't this the one where the transformer kid refused to use the faculty facilities because he wanted to shower and change with the girls?
(02-17-2016, 04:59 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Your gender is whatever you choose it to be. So if they choose to be a woman, they're a woman. 

Pretty sure its determined by what organs you have...

But they are choosing or identify as the opposite sex.

If this gets out of hand i wonder if i could get out of a ticket to peeing outside by saying i identify as a dog.
(02-19-2016, 04:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Pretty sure its determined by what organs you have...

But they are choosing or identify as the opposite sex.

If this gets out of hand i wonder if i could get out of a ticket to peeing outside by saying i identify as a dog.

No, you're confusing sex and gender. Gender is a social construct that is almost always binary within a culture and attached to a specific sex. As you grow, you're taught how to act within that gender role. Someone can be born male and raised to follow the gender role of a girl and not ever know. They may feel it to be wrong, they may not. 

Trans people are choosing to identify as the gender that they feel represents them, one that is not paired with their birth sex. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]