Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel ban in effect; Supreme Court to decide
Supreme Court allows parts of travel ban to go into effect
http://www.local10.com/news/politics/ap-scotus-partially-reinstates-trump-travel-ban

The only issue I have ATM is that we are allowing students to travel. They should stay banned until the case is heard.
Based on this ruling I can say with confidence that The Washington Post will have an anonymous source leak breaking news about an unconfirmed document he read to them over the phone by tonight's 6pm nightly news.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
We just need a severe pull back on all immigration in general until we can catch up with all the illegals.... and there are just some places that are too third world to bring over. We have no chance to properly check antbofvthere people
(06-26-2017, 01:17 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Based on this ruling I can say with confidence that The Washington Post will have an anonymous source leak breaking news about an unconfirmed document he read to them over the phone by tonight's 6pm nightly news.

CNN already used that and go caught, big time.  I'm honestly shocked there's not a thread on it.  Major media outlets sneer at the accusations of "fake news" and then one of the biggest literally gets caught making a hugely important story up out of whole-cloth.  Talk about giving ammunition to conspiracy theorists.

As to OP, this was a given.  The 9th circuit court completely ignored well established judicial precedent on this matter.  The POTUS is acknowledged to have broad powers on who is and is not allowed into this country.  It is also rather difficult to call the ban a "muslim ban" when the vast majority of the world's muslim population resides in countries not affected by the ban.  It will be interesting to see where the SCOTUS swing votes, like Kennedy, fall on this case.
this proves we dont need it

we had no such ban, we are well past the 90 days that the ban would have been in place, and not a single terrorist attack from any of these countries or refugees have happened on US soil

its a muslim ban, trump made it perfectly clear as he campaigned
People suck
(06-26-2017, 01:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We just need a severe pull back on all immigration in general until we can catch up with all the illegals.... and there are just some places that are too third world to bring over.   We have no chance to properly check antbofvthere people

we need to ban white people, they are the ones that are doing a majority of the attacks in the states
People suck
(06-26-2017, 01:36 PM)Griever Wrote: we need to ban white people, they are the ones that are doing a majority of the attacks in the states

Lol I see this is still a place of blame White people, christians, and anyone who lives by the rule of law.
(06-26-2017, 01:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol I see this is still a place of blame White people, christians, and anyone who lives by the rule of law.

I see you still struggle with innuendo
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-26-2017, 01:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: CNN already used that and go caught, big time.  I'm honestly shocked there's not a thread on it.  Major media outlets sneer at the accusations of "fake news" and then one of the biggest literally gets caught making a hugely important story up out of whole-cloth.  Talk about giving ammunition to conspiracy theorists.

As to OP, this was a given.  The 9th circuit court completely ignored well established judicial precedent on this matter.  The POTUS is acknowledged to have broad powers on who is and is not allowed into this country.  It is also rather difficult to call the ban a "muslim ban" when the vast majority of the world's muslim population resides in countries not affected by the ban.  It will be interesting to see where the SCOTUS swing votes, like Kennedy, fall on this case.

To the CNN part.... I wondered why there was t a thread as well but since it happened before I was freed I left it go.
(06-26-2017, 01:35 PM)Griever Wrote: this proves we dont need it

we had no such ban, we are well past the 90 days that the ban would have been in place, and not a single terrorist attack from any of these countries or refugees have happened on US soil

Exactly.

Also now it is not "activist judges" it's just "the right decision" since they agree with it!  LOL!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-26-2017, 01:44 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I see you still struggle with innuendo

There were a couple from this board who were upset that I called obama a beta that they felt the need to make the case against Jesus.

The petty nonsense is alive.

Well he forgot a lot of them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-26-2017, 01:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There were a couple from this board who were upset that I called obama a beta that they felt the need to make the case against Jesus.

Only a beta would take offense to petty nonsense.
(06-26-2017, 01:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: There were a couple from this board who were upset that I called obama a beta that they felt the need to make the case against Jesus.  

What does that have to do with the travel ban?

I mean if you want to say the ban makes Trump an Alpha because he's afraid to let people of a certain religion into the US I guess? Seems like a stretch but it appears to be the Lucie Talking Point of Summer 2017© so we'll see how it works out!
(06-26-2017, 01:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Lol  I see this is still a place of blame White people, christians, and anyone who lives by the rule of law.

well im blaming the ones that have more of a propensity to pull off such an attack
People suck
I didn't realize it was a 9-0 win.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]

We actually do need a temporary Muslim ban. No one has the political courage to do so unfortunately. A good 10 years would help tremendously.
(06-26-2017, 02:17 PM)Griever Wrote: well im blaming the ones that have more of a propensity to pull off such an attack

Only someone with their head stuck in the sand believes that the world doesn't have an Islam problem.

We can't do anything about citizens except use the legal system when they commit a crime. We can however stop non citizens from entering when they fit a specific profile that has shown recent violence in other western countries.
(06-26-2017, 02:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We actually do need a temporary Muslim ban.  No one has the political courage to do so unfortunately.   A good 10 years would help tremendously.

Why?  Griever pointed out the original ban would have expired by now and nothing happened.  "Extra New Super Extreme Vetting"™ won't make any difference.

(06-26-2017, 02:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Only someone with their head stuck in the sand believes that the world doesn't have an Islam problem.

We can't do anything about citizens except use the legal system when they commit a crime.   We can however stop non citizens from entering when they fit a specific profile that has shown recent violence in other western countries.

Actually we have a man problem.  White, black, Christian, Muslim...men are the problem for the most part.
(06-26-2017, 02:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We actually do need a temporary Muslim ban.  No one has the political courage to do so unfortunately.   A good 10 years would help tremendously.

so what muslim terrorist attacks were carried out on us soil since the ban was first introduced?

is it a ban or is not a ban? trump says it is and everyone else at the WH says its not
People suck