Tre Flowers re-signed
Good signing
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm here for it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I’d suspect a few more like this from our own free agents. Now that we are done with our major free agent signings we know how much money we have to finish our roster. Reiff, Spain. and others running out of options
Reply/Quote
The Bengals FO is very disciplined and patient. They let guys like Flowers go out and see their market, then sign them when we are ready at our rate. The cap all adds up and this is another very good signing. Some think our CB room is weak, I do not as we still have the draft and FA yet have our top 3 CB's back from 2021.

This team is very capable of being better on paper than the 2021 team, they just continue to keep adding those intangible pieces and improve the depth at a few positions in case of injury.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 08:13 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I like some 1 year contracts, but for values like this… wouldn’t it make sense for the bengals to try and lock him up for 2-3 years?

We have brought back apple, flowers and bates all on one year deals (for now).  You would think that at least 1 or 2 warrant a longer term deal.

The money would have to be higher on multi-year deals.
Reply/Quote
so happy they got this done. He played really well in the playoffs. Definitely a great piece in our defense.
Reply/Quote
Good to hear. He is a + for our secondary without question.
Reply/Quote
I know this is a different scenario, but over here if a soccer club say Manchester United sign a player on a five year contract with the players wages if he's viewed as a superstar at £350.000 pounds a WEEK or possibly even more, once the ink is dry on the contract the club is in the shit big time. Within a couple of months you can guarantee that their form will go down the toilet big time. Then the fans get on the players backs and it all gets very messy. Loads of clubs have been stuck with players on huge contracts who can't get any kind of form out of the player and there are only two winners- the player and their agent. I totally understand why these kind of contracts over there are reached. Give them enough money to peak their interest and let them know that if you do well enough there are bigger incentives down the line. Best way of operating to my mind.
Reply/Quote
Whoop!
Reply/Quote
Love it.

I imagine we're done with new signings until after the draft (minus some potential insignificant/practice squad signings like Eubanks)

I would bet that they're going to wait and see if Linderbaum, Johnson or Green is there at 31 and is the BPA. If they select one of them, I imagine Spain's time in Cincinnati is over. If we don't get a day 1 starter like this from the draft, then I bet we re-sign Spain next.
Reply/Quote
Considering the limited number of snaps he played on defense I think the who "TE killer" is a bit over hyped, BUt this is still a good signing. Nice depth piece and really good ST player.
Reply/Quote
He is our best option vs. star TEs
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I like it. I wish it would have been a two or three year deal though.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 08:13 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I like some 1 year contracts, but for values like this… wouldn’t it make sense for the bengals to try and lock him up for 2-3 years?

We have brought back apple, flowers and bates all on one year deals (for now).  You would think that at least 1 or 2 warrant a longer term deal.

This is exactly what I was thinking.  We know he can play well, give him $6M for 3 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 11:56 AM)M.W. Wrote: This is exactly what I was thinking.  We know he can play well, give him $6M for 3 years.

Maybe he doesn’t want to sign more than for 1 year. Maybe he wants to see how he can do and test the market next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 11:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Considering the limited number of snaps he played on defense I think the who "TE killer" is a bit over hyped, BUt this is still a good signing.  Nice depth piece and really good ST player.

I bet you're fun at parties. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Its nice to have LBers and CBers that can
Matchup on offensive talents across the ball
And no matter how many snaps they get in the game
They simply make plays or rise to.the occasion
Heck even.Clay Johnston made a play on Derrick Henry
That possibly saved the Bengals playoff life.
Tre Flowers will be needed on defense
Especially against the TEs in this division
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 11:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Considering the limited number of snaps he played on defense I think the who "TE killer" is a bit over hyped, BUt this is still a good signing.  Nice depth piece and really good ST player.

"TE Inconveniencer" ??
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 02:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I bet you're fun at parties. 

You really think Fred gets invited to parties?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2022, 02:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I bet you don’t have fun at even your own birthday parties. 

FIFY
Reply/Quote