Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Treadwell for Ross
(08-15-2019, 10:12 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Did Treadwell have 7tds last year?

No, but Ross did. And he still sucks. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Oh man I've gone and done it..... I've triggered the grammar nazis.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:06 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: No, but Ross did. And he still sucks. 

ill take TDs and perceived sucking over sucking with no TDs
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:58 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Except Tate can catch.

I'm not really sure what Treadwell's issues are in the pro's.  They were both big, slow, go up and get it WR's in college, though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He will go on to NE to be a super star.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 12:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: He will go on to NE to be a super star.

Probably not a superstar but he'd get a ring out of it.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:40 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: NO way in hell.  If I were to trade Ross, it would have to be somewhere like the Redskins for their LT.  And that would only be if they were REALLY sold on how Glenn looked in very brief action at LG.  

Ross for Trent Williams? They probably gonna jump on that one.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: ill take TDs and perceived sucking over sucking with no TDs

theres no perceiving anything lol they both suck.  trade ross for a backer not for another crap wide receiver.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 01:31 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: theres no perceiving anything lol they both suck.  trade ross for a backer not for another crap wide receiver.

if you believe ross sucks then so would whoever we traded him for lol...

Cant trade nothing for something.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 11:02 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I am more confident with the WRs we have right now.. even though last season it was painful watching them. I would start focusing on the defense and ways to improve it, so trade for a LB. Seems to me regardless of what coach we put on D, its gonna take more than coaching.  Austin, Marvin, Lou... who's next?
I think the blame fell on Haslett. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 10:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If he has trouble grasping the playbook, then how is he supposed to know who to block?   Ninja

Easier to know to block someone in front of you than the nuances of route trees and situational break-offs.  And that is just rumor....can't confirm that was his actual struggle
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 01:20 PM)jason Wrote: Ross for Trent Williams? They probably gonna jump on that one.

I don't think the Redskins will set the precedent that a player can ***** their way out of a contract, but Williams seems so dead set on not playing for them (and it is a strange theme with them and their medical staff...something is going on there).  They really need weapons on offense.  And Haskins has a hose....a deep threat makes sense and I am sure Gruden would do a better job than Lazor manufactoring touches.  
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 01:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if you believe ross sucks then so would whoever we traded him for lol...

Cant trade nothing for something.

not true at all.  hes a top 10 pick as of two years ago fastest player in the league.  we just know first hand what he is and is not, but apparently there was a market for him during this years combine... someone out there will want him and think they can do something with him... which is why ive  continued to say trade him now why that value is still there before he has another injury plagued crap year and that value is gone. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 03:10 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: not true at all.  hes a top 10 pick as of two years ago fastest player in the league.  we just know first hand what he is and is not, but apparently there was a market for him during this years combine... someone out there will want him and think they can do something with him... which is why ive  continued to say trade him now why that value is still there before he has another injury plagued crap year and that value is gone. 

Great, let's see if the Rams want to trade Brandin Cooks for him?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 03:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Great, let's see if the Rams want to trade Brandin Cooks for him?

smh, damn bengal fans.  its sad really.  noone here is making a case for being able to trade ross for a 1200 yard receiver, im not even making a case for another wide receiver, i want a linebacker.  and theres plent of middle of the road linebackers we could probably trade ross for who would help this awful linebacker group.  Just for S & G something like John ross for alec ogletree.  just off the top of my head.  dont be ridiculous bro.  its pathetic.  teams will still see the "potential" in ross and wanna try to make him into something although they will fail we should trade him before he has another crap season and all that value is gone and we are left with nothing from out 9th overall pick.   
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 09:37 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Vikings have made Laquan Treadwell available. I remember a lot of people wanting him on here so would you support a trade involving Ross for Treadwell?

Treadwell doesn't possess any qualities that would make a defense adjust to him.

From what I have seen, he doesn't have speed, can't separate and drops passes in pressure situations.

He was supposed to be their big body, end zone TD guy. Has not happened.

As two others have said on this thread, Ross for Williams is the only trade I wouldn't mind. Which may happen.
Reply/Quote
I actually was thinking about this when I saw it, but it was more because I was thinking of all the WRs who were drafted ahead of William Jackson and how every single one has had one issue or another from becoming a big contributor on the team that drafted him.

I remember how much people wanted/expected the Bengals to go with one of Treadwell, Coleman, Doctson, or Fuller in Rd 1 of the 2016 draft.

To the OP, I wouldn't bother trading Ross for Treadwell but I would consider picking one of Treadwell, Coleman, Doctson, or Fuller in FA next year. My personal favorite out of that group was Doctson. His 5th year option was declined so I expect DC will look to move on.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 03:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I actually was thinking about this when I saw it, but it was more because I was thinking of all the WRs who were drafted ahead of William Jackson and how every single one has had one issue or another from becoming a big contributor on the team that drafted him.

I remember how much people wanted/expected the Bengals to go with one of Treadwell, Coleman, Doctson, or Fuller in Rd 1 of the 2016 draft.

To the OP, I wouldn't bother trading Ross for Treadwell but I would consider picking one of Treadwell, Coleman, Doctson, or Fuller in FA next year. My personal favorite out of that group was Doctson. His 5th year option was declined so I expect DC will look to move on.

I liked Doctson too, but he's been a non factor to say the least. Will Fuller is what we hope Ross would be, but he's injured just about as much as John is.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 04:02 PM)jason Wrote: I liked Doctson too, but he's been a non factor to say the least. Will Fuller is what we hope Ross would be, but he's injured just about as much as John is.

I think "non-factor" is a bit extreme.
2017 - 502 yards, 6 TDs
2018 - 532 yards, 2 TDs

That's WR3 caliber, which is what the Bengals need if they extend AJ Green.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2019, 03:29 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I actually was thinking about this when I saw it, but it was more because I was thinking of all the WRs who were drafted ahead of William Jackson and how every single one has had one issue or another from becoming a big contributor on the team that drafted him.

Ocho, from the games I have seen of this Treadwell guy, I just don't see him bringing much value. And I try to watch Vikings game when possible.

The biggest issue is dropped passes. Cousins kept going back to him, but he just doesn't produce.

This is a mental issue, but I'm afraid he is damaged goods.
Reply/Quote