Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trent Williams???? If??
A big if, but it appears the Redskins starting LT Trent Williams is upset with the way the Redskins handled a medical situation for him in February. He says he wants cut or traded and will never play for Skins again.

He is 1 of the best LT's in the game. The Bengals have a good relationship with Jay Gruden so would we be a possible trade partner? I know Glenn is not close to Williams, but maybe Glenn and a 3rd or 4th for Williams.

I am probably dreaming, but that would make our OL very good heading into 2019. His cap hit would be around 13 million I believe as his bonus was already paid. 11 million in salary + roster bonus. The net of losing Glenn would make it very affordable also.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Not sure that a guy who's publicly stating that he refuses to play for his team again would be a guy that meets Taylor's character quality requirements. Heck, for that matter, not sure that our front office would even give him a glance, after the Carl Pickens debacle.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not sure that a guy who's publicly stating that he refuses to play for his team again would be a guy that meets Taylor's character quality requirements.  Heck, for that matter, not sure that our front office would even give him a glance, after the Carl Pickens debacle.

Trent Williams has impeccable character. I do not know for sure, but I am reading it as the team doctors missed a possible life and death situation with him. If so, I would say goodbye also to that medical staff and team.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 07:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trent Williams has impeccable character. I do not know for sure, but I am reading it as the team doctors missed a possible life and death situation with him. If so, I would say goodbye also to that medical staff and team.

Well, that might make a difference in the situation.  Would you care to post the article, so that we might read the situation better, in it's entirety?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 07:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, that might make a difference in the situation.  Would you care to post the article, so that we might read the situation better, in it's entirety?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/06/05/trent-williams-absence-redskins-camp-related-frustration-over-medical-treatment/?utm_term=.8b35d0d8b882

By Les Carpenter and
Kareem Copeland
June 5 at 5:15 PM

Washington Redskins star left tackle Trent Williams is skipping minicamp practices because of his frustration with the team’s medical staff, stemming from treatment of a growth on Williams’s head that had to be surgically removed this past winter.
“I think where the frustration might lie is in the timing of a diagnosis; maybe he wished the diagnosis had come a little sooner,” Coach Jay Gruden said Wednesday. “That’s my understanding.”
[Trent Williams has been Redskins’ rock amid chaos. That seems to be in jeopardy.]
The team had not previously addressed Williams’s medical issue at length, saying only that it was an operation done on Williams’s scalp and that Williams would be okay. One person close to Williams, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue, said the surgery gave Williams “a scare.”
Gruden said Wednesday that he has talked to Williams but they did not discuss whether the player would return. When asked whether he thought Williams will be back, Gruden said, “I sure hope so.”
“Trent knows how much we want him back, and that’s the only thing I can do here,” Gruden said. “As far as what’s going on between him and the doctors is between him and the doctors.”
Tackle Morgan Moses, Williams’s close friend, implied that the tackle is using his power as one of the team’s best players to complain about the overall performance of the team’s medical staff.
“Obviously, it’s about time somebody like that stands up. It’s not just a situation here. It happens throughout the league,” Moses said. “To have one of our peers like Trent, a very valued guy on the field and off the field, to stand up like that, it means a lot to not just us as players but [to] the NFL as well. Obviously, his scare is one that you never want to have, but at the end of the day [he’s] got to take care of himself.”
Williams, who has dealt with several injuries in recent seasons and hasn’t played a full 16-game season since 2013, has not spoken publicly about his concerns. On Tuesday, it appeared that Williams’s absence was related to his desire to renegotiate his contract. Gruden answered questions in response to an NFL Network report that Williams wanted a new deal by alluding to the “business side of pro football.” Williams has two seasons remaining on a five-year, $68 million deal.
A CBS Sports report Wednesday said that Williams’s frustration had left him wanting to be traded or released, but no teammates or coaches on Wednesday said they thought Williams actually wants to leave the team. Williams’s good friend Adrian Peterson, with whom he owns a gym in Houston, said he expects him to return for training camp.
"I’m not going to get into all that,” Peterson said. “But I expect him to be back, and I don’t see why that wouldn’t be the case.”
Williams is a key piece of an offense that hopes to lean heavily on its running game and will be breaking in a new starting quarterback this season, likely veteran Case Keenum or first-round rookie Dwayne Haskins. Williams has earned seven Pro Bowl invitations since being drafted in the first round by Washington in 2010 and is widely considered one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL.
“I know he’s frustrated. When you have a procedure done of that magnitude, you want to find out a reason for why it could have been done differently — or different timing,” Gruden said. “But our doctors are very good. I know they did the best they can. . . . At the end of the day, we want him back, the [coaching] staff wants him back, the players want him back.”
Barry Svrluga contributed to this report.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 07:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, that might make a difference in the situation.  Would you care to post the article, so that we might read the situation better, in it's entirety?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redskins-star-left-tackle-demands-to-be-traded-or-released-vows-not-to-play-for-washington-in-2019/

The Redskins might soon need to find a replacement for starting left tackle Trent Williams, and that's because he's apparently decided that he doesn't want to play for the team anymore. 

Williams is currently skipping the team's mandatory minicamp and from the sound of it, he might not show up for any practices at all going forward due to the fact that he's unhappy with the organization. CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora reported on Wednesday that Williams is upset over the way the team handled a serious medical situation that he had this offseason. 
According to La Canfora, Williams is so unhappy with the Redskins that he's vowed not to play for Washington this year. Williams has told several teammates that he's demanded to be traded or released. 
Although there had been multiple reports suggesting that Williams was skipping minicamp because he wanted a new contract, the news from La Canfora paints an uglier picture of what's actually going on. From the sound of it, no amount of money is going to salvage the relationship between Williams and the team. 
The medical issue at the center of this situation happened earlier this year when Williams had a very serious health scare. At some point after the 2018 season ended, a growth was discovered on his head and doctors were worried that it might be malignant. According to NFL.com, the situation was so serous that multiple

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 07:58 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/redskins-star-left-tackle-demands-to-be-traded-or-released-vows-not-to-play-for-washington-in-2019/

The Redskins might soon need to find a replacement for starting left tackle Trent Williams, and that's because he's apparently decided that he doesn't want to play for the team anymore. 

Williams is currently skipping the team's mandatory minicamp and from the sound of it, he might not show up for any practices at all going forward due to the fact that he's unhappy with the organization. CBS Sports NFL insider Jason La Canfora reported on Wednesday that Williams is upset over the way the team handled a serious medical situation that he had this offseason. 
According to La Canfora, Williams is so unhappy with the Redskins that he's vowed not to play for Washington this year. Williams has told several teammates that he's demanded to be traded or released. 
Although there had been multiple reports suggesting that Williams was skipping minicamp because he wanted a new contract, the news from La Canfora paints an uglier picture of what's actually going on. From the sound of it, no amount of money is going to salvage the relationship between Williams and the team. 
The medical issue at the center of this situation happened earlier this year when Williams had a very serious health scare. At some point after the 2018 season ended, a growth was discovered on his head and doctors were worried that it might be malignant. According to NFL.com, the situation was so serous that multiple

Yeah, I did some reading as well.  Williams has also not played a complete season since 2013, due to injuries.  I agree that he's a quality player, when healthy, but probably not the questionable big money deal that the Bengals would want to get into.  I'm not saying that he wouldn't be a good addition to the team, just not the type of situation that the Bengals management typically would get involved with.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Another article.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26906383/williams-ditching-redskins-due-procedure

Quote:Williams underwent a procedure to remove a benign growth from his head this offseason, which apparently has led to some of his frustration. According to a source, some of Williams' desire also is to renegotiate his contract, which expires after the 2020 season.

Coach Jay Gruden said Williams wouldn't have been able to practice even if he had been at Redskins Park this week.

Williams, a seven-time Pro Bowler who hasn't played a full 16-game season since 2013 because of injuries, could feel this is his final chance to parlay any leverage into a new deal. The Redskins lack depth at tackle -- Ereck Flowers is working with the starters, for now -- and Williams is widely considered the team's best player.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 07:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A big if, but it appears the Redskins starting LT Trent Williams is upset with the way the Redskins handled a medical situation for him in February. He says he wants cut or traded and will never play for Skins again.

He is 1 of the best LT's in the game. The Bengals have a good relationship with Jay Gruden so would we be a possible trade partner? I know Glenn is not close to Williams, but maybe Glenn and a 3rd or 4th for Williams.

I am probably dreaming, but that would make our OL very good heading into 2019. His cap hit would be around 13 million I believe as his bonus was already paid. 11 million in salary + roster bonus. The net of losing Glenn would make it very affordable also.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading for him, but I wouldn't want to give up Glenn and a mid round pick for him.  He turns 31 in August and is a bit injury prone and we're thin on the OL.  I would definitely think about him for a 3rd.
Reply/Quote
Jonah is locked in at Left no way they even consider it. Bobby is our RT accept it for now and hope he improves or something happens like a minor injury and someone else shines as his replacement. Don’t ever wish someone gets injured though
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 07:44 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Trent Williams has impeccable character. I do not know for sure, but I am reading it as the team doctors missed a possible life and death situation with him. If so, I would say goodbye also to that medical staff and team.

He’d be a nice add, but if he doesn’t want to play for incompetent medical staffs is it really smart to bring him here?
Reply/Quote
I find it hard to sympathize with his position. He is a multi-millionaire. If he was that worried about a growth on his scalp nothing stopped him from getting an outside 2nd opinion from the best doctors out there.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 09:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I find it hard to sympathize with his position. He is a multi-millionaire. If he was that worried about a growth on his scalp nothing stopped him from getting an outside 2nd opinion from the best doctors out there.

Yeah, either it's a contract ploy, or he's reaching Rothlisbergian levels of medical drama.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I'm sure he's a great lineman, but... That big ol fat boy punched Richard Sherman, and didn't even phase him. Thee guy probably has 100 lbs on Sherman, and couldn't even make him pause with that punch... Plus he was a coward in leaving his helmet on while he did it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Noooooo. Enough torture already
Reply/Quote
He'd be a lot more tempting of an option if it weren't for problems staying healthy. Shoving other players who have their helmets off after games is a pretty bad look too. 
Reply/Quote
I'd trade him for Glenn in a heartbeat but i doubt the Redskins would be interested. I'd then put Johan at RT and put Trent at LT.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 12:10 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I'd trade him for Glenn in a heartbeat but i doubt the Redskins would be interested. I'd then put Johan at RT and put Trent at LT.

And who is going to play LT for the games Williams can't?
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 09:56 PM)jason Wrote: I'm sure he's a great lineman, but... That big ol fat boy punched Richard Sherman, and didn't even phase him. Thee guy probably has 100 lbs on Sherman, and couldn't even make him pause with that punch... Plus he was a coward in leaving his helmet on while he did it.

Def wasnt a punch bruh...it was a push slap.  open hand.  
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And who is going to play LT for the games Williams can't?

Same plan as now

Williams move to LT and Hart to RT, that is assuming the 31 year old lineman gets hurt????

Who plays LT is Williams gets hurt now? 

Reply/Quote