Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trent Williams???? If??
(06-07-2019, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And who is going to play LT for the games Williams can't?

From what I've been able to surmise, Williams would make the perfect 3rd Tackle on a team with already capable starters.  But, for the money he's looking to secure, he's saying that he still wants to be "the man".  It'll be interesting to watch how this plays out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 10:51 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: From what I've been able to surmise, Williams would make the perfect 3rd Tackle on a team with already capable starters.  But, for the money he's looking to secure, he's saying that he still wants to be "the man".  It'll be interesting to watch how this plays out.

Williams is under contract through 2021 at average of over 14 million a year. Some was paid in a bonus, so if traded new team would not be on the hook for the bonus.

He makes a lot of money, top LT money already.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
No thanks. Something doesn't sound right with this cat.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I think the team likes Bobby Hart. They'll roll into the season with Hart and our Williams as the Tackles.

Think about it...they had Hart and Glenn on the roster and added a new Tackle and chose to replace Glenn with that Tackle.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 11:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I think the team likes Bobby Hart. They'll roll into the season with Hart and our Williams as the Tackles.

Think about it...they had Hart and Glenn on the roster and added a new Tackle and chose to replace Glenn with that Tackle.

Plus they committed to Hart before last season when they didn't even have Jonah Williams & before Hart started 16 games for them.

The Bengals likely feel even more confident in Hart now than before the 2018 season.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 11:05 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Williams is under contract through 2021 at average of over 14 million a year. Some was paid in a bonus, so if traded new team would not be on the hook for the bonus.

He makes a lot of money, top LT money already.

I'm not sure that I agree with 14M being "top" LT money, but it is significant money.  Anyway, there are also articles stating that he was looking to renegotiate his deal, and I don't think he was wanting to offer to play for less money..  The story about being dissatisfied with the way the Skins' handled his medical procedure seems a bit contrived.  The guy is a millionaire, why wouldn't he be going to his own private doctors about a tumor??  The more stories that I gain bits and pieces from, the more it sounds like a guy on his last playing days looking to cash out.

The man hasn't played a complete season, the past 5 years.  As some of the articles are suggesting, he's a perfect player for a team looking for a 3rd Tackle, a.k.a. an insurance policy.  I really don't believe that teams would be willing to pay him more, to be the 3rd Tackle, because his best days certainly appear to be behind him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 09:55 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Def wasnt a punch bruh...it was a push slap.  open hand.  

Even weaker....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And who is going to play LT for the games Williams can't?

Boling could or swing Jonah to LT and Hart play RT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Everyone will be like...no we don't need him. Then, there will be an article about the Bengals showing interest...and everyone will want him. Then he won't come here, and everyone will talk about how we didn't need him.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 07:37 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A big if, but it appears the Redskins starting LT Trent Williams is upset with the way the Redskins handled a medical situation for him in February. He says he wants cut or traded and will never play for Skins again.

He is 1 of the best LT's in the game. The Bengals have a good relationship with Jay Gruden so would we be a possible trade partner? I know Glenn is not close to Williams, but maybe Glenn and a 3rd or 4th for Williams.

I am probably dreaming, but that would make our OL very good heading into 2019. His cap hit would be around 13 million I believe as his bonus was already paid. 11 million in salary + roster bonus. The net of losing Glenn would make it very affordable also.

but we just drafted our LT of the future...
Reply/Quote
6 years removed from a full season played. Thats half a career for a long term vet. No thanks on this dude. I'm sure he has some gas left in his tank but does anyone really know how much or at what level?
Reply/Quote

(06-07-2019, 10:24 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Same plan as now

Williams move to LT and Hart to RT, that is assuming the 31 year old lineman gets hurt????

Who plays LT is Williams gets hurt now? 

I think we're getting our Williams confused.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 11:24 AM)depthchart Wrote: Plus they committed to Hart before last season when they didn't even have Jonah Williams & before Hart started 16 games for them.

The Bengals likely feel even more confident in Hart now than before the 2018 season.

Although you are correct, who would have thought after his effort so far that Hart would even be in play? Just saying it's weird to read that comment.

Reply/Quote
If Mike Brown thinks its a heckova deal for him to come here, he will make it happen. He has that used car salesman mentality.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 07:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not sure that a guy who's publicly stating that he refuses to play for his team again would be a guy that meets Taylor's character quality requirements.  Heck, for that matter, not sure that our front office would even give him a glance, after the Carl Pickens debacle.

No deal for me,lets keep our brother Glenn,he is going to be awesome under new O-line guru and I am wanting to keep him.He has already shown to me he is a team guy and I do not feel we need anymore players,just develop  who we have and we have some great players and they want to be here.Stop with this crap,we need to keep what we have.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 04:22 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: No deal for me,lets keep our brother Glenn,he is going to be awesome under new O-line guru and I am wanting to keep him.He has already shown to me he is a team guy and I do not feel we need anymore players,just develop  who we have and we have some great players and they want to be here.Stop with this crap,we need to keep what we have.

You can never stop looking for ways to get better. If we wanted to be stagnant, we would have kept Marvin Lewis. You always have to toss ideas or you die.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 04:22 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: No deal for me,lets keep our brother Glenn,he is going to be awesome under new O-line guru and I am wanting to keep him.He has already shown to me he is a team guy and I do not feel we need anymore players,just develop  who we have and we have some great players and they want to be here.Stop with this crap,we need to keep what we have.

I think that we pretty much agree on the idea that the team is comfortable with the personnel they currently have at OL, heading into training camp.  Williams, even with his name recognition, is still a broken down, 31 y/o player looking for a last big payday.  I don't see that type of player making our current group any better, especially at his starting tackle price.  Evidently, the Bengals staff likes Glenn to be that 3rd Tackle, and maybe even start at Guard, in an effort to get the best 5 on the field.  It's not like it's unheard of for a Tackle to move inside to Guard, and even extend his playing days because of that move.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

If our roster is great, how deep of a playoff run do you predict? What record did you vote in the poll?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 09:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I find it hard to sympathize with his position. He is a multi-millionaire. If he was that worried about a growth on his scalp nothing stopped him from getting an outside 2nd opinion from the best doctors out there.

Isn't there though? I thought generally it was requirement to use medical providers approved by the team.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 05:11 PM)Benton Wrote: Isn't there though? I thought generally it was requirement to use medical providers approved by the team.

I haven't read all the specific by-laws regarding medicals and NFL players, but I would tend to believe that he's only obligated to use team medical if he wants the team to pay for it.  I would think that as a free citizen with plenty of money, he would have been free to get his tumor looked at by whomever he chose, just on his own ticket.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote