Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trent Williams???? If??
(06-08-2019, 06:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I haven't read all the specific by-laws regarding medicals and NFL players, but I would tend to believe that he's only obligated to use team medical if he wants the team to pay for it.  I would think that as a free citizen with plenty of money, he would have been free to get his tumor looked at by whomever he chose, just on his own ticket.

Hmm could be right, idk? Sounds more than legit.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 06:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I haven't read all the specific by-laws regarding medicals and NFL players, but I would tend to believe that he's only obligated to use team medical if he wants the team to pay for it.  I would think that as a free citizen with plenty of money, he would have been free to get his tumor looked at by whomever he chose, just on his own ticket.

Honestly, I have no clue. Just what I was assuming as the NFL doctors association has been big on sharing stats and info across teams in recent years. If I remember right, that was where the combine (combined physical) started as teams tried to look at their health as a group.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I did some reading as well.  Williams has also not played a complete season since 2013, due to injuries.  I agree that he's a quality player, when healthy, but probably not the questionable big money deal that the Bengals would want to get into.  I'm not saying that he wouldn't be a good addition to the team, just not the type of situation that the Bengals management typically would get involved with.

A well paid LT who has trouble staying healthy? Why does that sound familiar?  Hmm

In fairness to Luvnit, he said he wanted to trade Cordy Glenn for him. That'd just be a swap of highly paid, oft-injured LT's.

Williams has probably played better - of late - than Glenn to boot. Not that I think the Skins would bite.

On top of that, they seem determined to start Jonah at LT.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2019, 06:21 PM)bengaloo Wrote: 6 years removed from a full season played. Thats half a career for a long term vet. No thanks on this dude. I'm sure he has some gas left in his tank but does anyone really know how much or at what level?

And they call Eifert Glass.....
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 04:22 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: No deal for me,lets keep our brother Glenn,he is going to be awesome under new O-line guru and I am wanting to keep him.He has already shown to me he is a team guy and I do not feel we need anymore players,just develop  who we have and we have some great players and they want to be here.Stop with this crap,we need to keep what we have.

I'm already extremely looking forward to seeing Price with Glenn and Wren on either sides at guard. Talk about road graders....
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2019, 05:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If our roster is great, how deep of a playoff run do you predict? What record did you vote in the poll?

AFC Championship game..... Rock On
Reply/Quote

Yep, nothing stops them from seeing their own experts. They do it all the time....
Reply/Quote