Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trey Hendrickson
Has been an absolute stud. Last year in New Orleans was clearly not a fluke.

[Image: FA86seFXEAEgiNq?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He's shocked me on how good he has been this year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Cleveland is crazy. I knew we should have signed Tak last year
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
On the flip side… Hubbard, step it up!
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cleveland is crazy. I knew we should have signed Tak last year

Yeah, I don’t like seeing 3 Browns at the top. Clowney and Tak are only on one year deals though. Hopefully Cleveland extends Baker with a massive overpay and they can’t afford to bring them both back.

Reply/Quote
I thought it was pretty obvious that he was a late bloomer and once he got serious PT, he just showed out. Some people couldn't see that because losing Lawson blocked their vision.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
And we cut Takk. Whoops
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 11:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought it was pretty obvious that he was a late bloomer and once he got serious PT, he just showed out. Some people couldn't see that because losing Lawson blocked their vision.

Eh, I think it was fair to wonder if he’d be quite as dominant here without an All Pro/6x Pro Bowler (Cam Jordan) on the other edge to draw a lot of double teams. He’s proving he’s the real deal though.

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 11:32 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: And we cut Takk. Whoops

We never signed him.

He failed our physical, then failed one (or was it two?) MORE physical, after us.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 11:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought it was pretty obvious that he was a late bloomer and once he got serious PT, he just showed out. Some people couldn't see that because losing Lawson blocked their vision.

Happy to be wrong on this one. I was certainly concerned that he didn't have the track record and was going to go from being the side-kick rusher to the main guy. So far the returns have been really good, hopefully he stays healthy and keeps producing.

(10-06-2021, 12:54 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: We never signed him.

He failed our physical, then failed one (or was it two?) MORE physical, after us.

I know he failed one with the 49ers after leaving here.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
At first look, that's kind of surprising how low Hubbard is. But, looking at it again, according to that rating, he's tied for 47th/48th. That would basically put him behind every team's #1 pass pusher and then 15th/16th among all other team's #2, which is barely into the top half of the league.

Yeah, that's a believable rating. I'd be interested in seeing that stat updated in a month or so. I'd like to see a side by side to see how fluid it is after the halfway-ish point.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 07:19 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: At first look, that's kind of surprising how low Hubbard is. But, looking at it again, according to that rating, he's tied for 47th/48th. That would basically put him behind every team's #1 pass pusher and then 15th/16th among all other team's #2, which is barely into the top half of the league.

Yeah, that's a believable rating. I'd be interested in seeing that stat updated in a month or so. I'd like to see a side by side to see how fluid it is after the halfway-ish point.

Plus, Hubbard had run stopping responsibilities that he excels at....
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 07:19 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: At first look, that's kind of surprising how low Hubbard is. But, looking at it again, according to that rating, he's tied for 47th/48th. That would basically put him behind every team's #1 pass pusher and then 15th/16th among all other team's #2, which is barely into the top half of the league.

I think of Hubbard more as a 3-4 DE or an undersized 4-3 DT. If he gets a sack or two, great, but his main responsibility is stopping the run.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Cleveland is crazy. I knew we should have signed Tak last year

I think you are seeing the Myles Garrett effect pulling two guys who have not been great pass rushers historically upward. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 09:53 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I think of Hubbard more as a 3-4 DE or an undersized 4-3 DT. If he gets a sack or two, great, but his main responsibility is stopping the run.

He can be effective rushing from inside, Ossai going down probably hurt his production this year a bit by forcing him outside more than he'd probably like to be. 
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has been an absolute stud. Last year in New Orleans was clearly not a fluke.

[Image: FA86seFXEAEgiNq?format=jpg&name=large]

I am not sure how this factors in "being held and not called...or even when it is called".  He and Hubbard have both been relentless, and they are a great pairing.  Can you imagine if Ossai was able to be out there on rotation?  Also, both Hubbard and Trey have been great in run stuffing.  I hope they will continue to rotate Sample and eventually Kareem (haven't heard any updates on that guy?) to keep them fresh.  
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 07:19 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: At first look, that's kind of surprising how low Hubbard is. But, looking at it again, according to that rating, he's tied for 47th/48th. That would basically put him behind every team's #1 pass pusher and then 15th/16th among all other team's #2, which is barely into the top half of the league.

Hubbard is good, particularly in the run, but I do think he could improve his pass rushing. My hopes is that the longer he plays with Hendrickson, he will pick up some skills and extra tenacity that Tre brings.

To be fair, Hubbard fits in well as that 2nd guy. He did it at Ohio State and he is doing it here. He’s great at keeping the edge and cleaning plays up when they break down.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2021, 10:19 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: On the flip side… Hubbard, step it up!

I don't get the love with Hubbard, he's been an OK player his entire career.

The organization is obsessed with him it seems - all the marketing they do around him and how they extended him this off-season. I just don't think he lives up to all of that. He makes a play here and there, but I don't think he's super consistent. I haven't heard his name called a lot this year.   
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 10:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't get the love with Hubbard, he's been an OK player his entire career.

The organization is obsessed with him it seems - all the marketing they do around him and how they extended him this off-season. I just don't think he lives up to all of that. He makes a play here and there, but I don't think he's super consistent. I haven't heard his name called a lot this year.   

Eh, it’s not that hard to figure out why the team uses him in a lot of their promo stuff. He’s a good (not great) player born and raised in Cincinnati. Hard working high motor type, too. I don’t think you’ll see anyone ever suggesting he’s a star player though.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 10:19 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Hubbard is good, particularly in the run, but I do think he could improve his pass rushing. My hopes is that the longer he plays with Hendrickson, he will pick up some skills and extra tenacity that Tre brings.

(10-06-2021, 10:27 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I don't get the love with Hubbard, he's been an OK player his entire career.

Over his first two seasons Hubbard had 14.5 sacks in only 1350 snaps.  That is a very good ratio for a guy who was not just playing on passing downs. Only two players from the '18 draft have more sacks than Hubbards 18 (Harold Landry 21.5, Bradley Chubb 20.5).  So Hubbard is not as weak at pass rush as many people claim.

He may not put up huge sack numbers, but he gets pressure and is elite against the run.  He is absolutely worth what we paid him.  Fans who don't look at any stat other than sacks would be very surprised at what Sam would have gotten on the free agent market.
Reply/Quote